Thread: I want a camel.

I want a camel.

My last thread got shut the hell down, so let's talk about the next best thing: Camels. It will be a little while before I'm able to own one, as I'm starting law school in two months, but I've already started saving.

Top 10 reasons to own a camel:

1. Camels can travel up to 40 miles an hour and maintain a steady pace of 30 miles per hour for up to 3 hours in good weather conditions.
    2. Camels are the third smartest domesticated animal behind dogs and ponies.
    3. Camels are resistant to fleas and ticks, which is a good thing as camels can live up to 30 years in captivity. This will save a lot of money in the long run.
    4. Camels are excellent swimmers.
    5. Camel milk is an excellent source of calcium, vitamin C, and antioxidants. Camels are one of the few species to produce milk with significant quantities of fiber.
    6. Camels have the lowest average annual medical costs of ANY domestic livestock.
    7. Camels can be kept in the home, as they are easily toilet trained and are fastidious groomers.
    8. Camels are great around dogs and small children, provided they are socialized at an early age.
    9. Camel feces serves as an excellent fertilizer and provided they are fed a proper diet of high quality grass, is relatively low-odor.
    10. Camels can be kept in any environment, provided they are given room to run and plenty of love and attention, as they are pack animals and very social.

Anyone else interested in camel ownership or own a camel themselves? Or any other exotic pets. Share your experiences.
    Last edited by Sneezeburger; 2011-06-01 at 08:04 AM.

Camels are such a shit option for transportation, they spit and everything.

Polar bears all the way

10+ Year Old Account
    Surely if they're a pack animal you'll need a herd of camels or at least become friendly with the local Camel Appreciation Club?

I'm still hoping for a panda - despite them being the most useless animal ever (yes they deserve to be extinct, we tell them to fuck but they just won't do it).
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please fix line number 9 - those face fertilizers
    Who wouldn't want a camel? Imagine going out on the streets on such a creature! That would be awsome.

P.S off: - Hello, kind sir, would you please point me and my camel to the Downtown mall. She loves the food there. Oh, don't worry she doesn't bite and her spit is a medicinal miracle!

tbh i would be fine with a camel toe

Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    tbh i would be fine with a camel toe
    Sir, please. This is a family forum.

---------- Post added 2011-06-01 at 01:08 AM ----------

quite a nice list of a camels capabilities and such, and i like camels.
    But still, when i see such a list of statements i ask myself: "you got anything to back you up on this?"

Camels are also known for being very VERY violent and territorial.

Not to say you havent made having a camel sound like a cool and efficient idea, but you should atleast point out the downsides of having a camel.

Get exalted with Ramkahen

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    quite a nice list of a camels capabilities and such, and i like camels.
    But still, when i see such a list of statements i ask myself: "you got anything to back you up on this?"
    The Royal Camel Husbandry Association. They shut down in the early 90s after camel ownership was banned in Wales, but I still have some of their literature sitting around.

I don't have any room to house a camel, nor do I think alot of landlords will be okay with it, let alone your neighbores..

Other than that, it sounds like a cool idea.

You can use them to sleep in aswell;

Just ask bear grylls
    I used to have a signature, then a mod removed it ^^

This is the first time I have every felt wanted.

Deleted
    camels are treaterous. Whilst horses can travel great distances, you notice when it gets tired. But camels ought to run miles without any sign of being tired and then suddenly die.

Horses are noble. Horses have a better bond with human. Camels don't really work with certain commands etc.