Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same boards same building, same problem.

The common denominators for your problem, id ask if you had any kind of blackouts or power surges in the area.

Perhaps, and its funny if its true because its not too likely, you had an emp nearby.
    And the boards were not resistant enough to emp. newer electronics are.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Same boards same building, same problem.

The common denominators for your problem, id ask if you had any kind of blackouts or power surges in the area.

Perhaps, and its funny if its true because its not too likely, you had an emp nearby.
    And the boards were not resistant enough to emp. newer electronics are.
    In that case, the CAM table's machine would have died too, since it is even older (Slot1 Pentium II Baby-AT board).

The other two CA810's I had were sitting in a box unused for a year, and they were working when I pulled them out of a couple office machines.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I cant find any reason why a 9pin port won't work, so I've given up on getting the board to work and am now attempting to get the Accubend machine to communicate with a 9pin port.

Of course the first step is migrating the drive to a different motherboard... which isn't fun under Windows 98... ugh.

IT in a manufacturing plant sucks.
    Some hardware will actually use the extra pins, without information on what the machine uses, it's hard to say.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    Some hardware will actually use the extra pins, without information on what the machine uses, it's hard to say.
    On the header I was using, the motherboard end only had 9 pins. :s

I'm thinking the adapter I was trying to use before (about a year and a half ago when I had to fix this stupid machine before) was bad. I found a new one and am trying it shortly!
    red panda red panda red panda!