Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Happy with the fact no drastic Priest changes have been announced?

Just to generate some kind of discussion on here.

With the exception of the DoT and Psychic Horror change, there hasn't been much changed for Priests in 4.2. Are you glad, or would you like to see something changed?

As a Holy Priest, I think we're in a good place right now, and so I'm happy about the fact nothing's been changed. I haven't played too much Shadow this expansion, but it seems to do well in certain encounters, and looks to also be in a decent place, despite the Dark Intent nerf.
    Last edited by Tihr; 2011-06-01 at 04:50 PM.

Its a good thing that things do not change as they might be nerfs therefore qq they see you guys as okay and do not want to change that.

Well, in retrospect, the 200% heals is a pretty drastic change for us, especially for disp priests. Not sure about shadow though, but it looks like us healers are getting a buff at any rate. So I ain't complaining. ^_^

A fix for low level mana issue for young spriests padawans would be appreciated though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    Its a good thing that things do not change as they might be nerfs therefore qq they see you guys as okay and do not want to change that.
    Except for all our dots being nerfed by 12% without a mana reduction to compensate. That'll help us a ton in pvp, cause it's not like we already have mana problems.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

10+ Year Old Account
    State of Mind is still complete and utter garbage

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Except for all our dots being nerfed by 12% without a mana reduction to compensate. That'll help us a ton in pvp, cause it's not like we already have mana problems.
    State of Mind is still complete and utter garbage
    This and this.

Not to mention Sin and punishment sharing DR with physic horror and death coil and breaking on damage ( sin should be turned into the first ever Terror debuff!). Plus are mana issues in pvp (machosim doesn't do jack).

There is a lot to fix.... but this isn't one of those patches. This patch is mainly focused on Firelands. Not class balancing.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I think the main think that blizzard should try hard to fix with the shadow priest is how easily he can be tunneled.

At the moment, I feel like there are only 1 or 2 life saving things I can do aside from healing myself furiously. After I either blow my trinket or disperse, anyone can just roll over me, peeling be damned.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by videogamerpat View Post
    Well, in retrospect, the 200% heals is a pretty drastic change for us, especially for disp priests. Not sure about shadow though, but it looks like us healers are getting a buff at any rate. So I ain't complaining. ^_^
    I see that as more of a role change than something specific to priests though.

As for shadow, I'm not exactly pleased with the DoT nerf, but I'm glad to see it's something like 12% changes for each item instead of the huge 50%+ changes we had been getting in past patches. Blizz could have easily overreacted, but they seem to be getting the hang of balancing shadow DPS so it's neither a bench-warming spec nor the Wrath arcane mage.

I do think the mana issue Gratlim mentioned was ignored; our PVP for shadow is lackluster, and they've done very little to balance any nerfs they've done to shadow PVP. If I recall right, the only fixes to PVP we've gotten since cata are related to our fears' diminishing returns, which were leftover issues from wrath anyway. Hopefully it changes, but we're still waiting.

I do think the mana issue Gratlim mentioned was ignored; our PVP for shadow is lackluster, and they've done very little to balance any nerfs they've done to shadow PVP. If I recall right, the only fixes to PVP we've gotten since cata are related to our fears' diminishing returns, which were leftover issues from wrath anyway. Hopefully it changes, but we're still waiting.
    And it only took 6 months for them to fix half of sin and punishment.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Deleted
    I'm still holding out for them to change Holy Word: Sanctuary. And by that I mean completely change what it does. Because right now its just a poor man's Healing Rain.

And as others have already said, State of mind. Please.

From a Disc priest perspective, I'm a bit perplexed, but not from a QQ standpoint.

My general beef w/ Disc in Cata has been the lack of solid direction. At the end of Wrath, it was simple. Every healing spec has a "spam" spell and a "cd" spell. For disc it was PW:S & Penance. For holy it was Renew & CoH. Like it or not, that was the game.

In Cata, Disc has gone through the wringer, mostly due to its mastery. The devs stated that bubblespam was not the direction to go, so initially they severly limited the power of PW:S, but then gave it super-spell status, then increased the cost so it was not viable for most, and in 4.2 limited external regen to further suppress its use.

In the pre-alpha phase, there was talk of the low-HPS, high HPM shield that didn't even make it into F&F testing. IMO, that was a mistake. Now, they are trying to work the DPS->Heal angle, but it isn't functional enough to be viable in the current design.

Now, that isn't to say Disc isn't viable. It 100% is. They haven't failed at that. The issue comes in creating a niche for the Disc priest that feels robust & identifiable for the majority of players. Is disc the DPS to HPS spec [a la Rift] or is it the shield spec? For the spec to feel "good" for the majority, this needs to be satiated.

The exception to this is the disc tank healer, which, IMO, they have gotten right in their design.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    From a Disc priest perspective, I'm a bit perplexed, but not from a QQ standpoint.

My general beef w/ Disc in Cata has been the lack of solid direction. At the end of Wrath, it was simple. Every healing spec has a "spam" spell and a "cd" spell. For disc it was PW:S & Penance. For holy it was Renew & CoH. Like it or not, that was the game.

In Cata, Disc has gone through the wringer, mostly due to its mastery. The devs stated that bubblespam was not the direction to go, so initially they severly limited the power of PW:S, but then gave it super-spell status, then increased the cost so it was not viable for most, and in 4.2 limited external regen to further suppress its use.

In the pre-alpha phase, there was talk of the low-HPS, high HPM shield that didn't even make it into F&F testing. IMO, that was a mistake. Now, they are trying to work the DPS->Heal angle, but it isn't functional enough to be viable in the current design.

Now, that isn't to say Disc isn't viable. It 100% is. They haven't failed at that. The issue comes in creating a niche for the Disc priest that feels robust & identifiable for the majority of players. Is disc the DPS to HPS spec [a la Rift] or is it the shield spec? For the spec to feel "good" for the majority, this needs to be satiated.

The exception to this is the disc tank healer, which, IMO, they have gotten right in their design.
    I agree, disc has no direction. Blizzard imo just needs to make up their minds on which direction they want to go with disc. Tank heal, raid heal, pvp spec, idc just pick for gods sake. They spent so much time trying to balance it all that its just in a bad place atm (attonement did not help). I would not mind it being just a tank heal spec so I don't see holy paladins every time I enter a raid. (still have never seen a disc priest tank healer :/).

Isn't the healing crit change a direct nerf to disc?
    All healing critical strikes now heal for 2 times a normal heal (+100%), up from 1.5 times a normal heal (+50%).
    I have not looked at the math, but given the reliance on shields it seems like this buffs every healer except Disc. Pardon if I am wrong, just food for thought. I know this change will hurt PvP Disc.
    Last edited by Jubite; 2011-06-02 at 07:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    Yeah but we have recived a 12% damage buff to mind blast if i remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajtbagger View Post
    Yeah but we have recived a 12% damage buff to mind blast if i remember correctly.
    Mind Blast and Mind Flay.

Plus two significant buffs to Psychic Horror (removal of the direction requirement and it no longer DRs with Sin and Punishment).
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Jubite View Post
    Isn't the healing crit change a direct nerf to disc?

I have not looked at the math, but given the reliance on shields it seems like this buffs every healer except Disc. Pardon if I am wrong, just food for thought. I know this change will hurt PvP Disc.
    The bonus healing also benefits Disc through DA, PW: S, and PoH glyph procs, and disc priests still use more than just bubbles. It's definitely not a nerf to disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuziza View Post
    The bonus healing also benefits Disc through DA, PW: S, and PoH glyph procs, and disc priests still use more than just bubbles. It's definitely not a nerf to disc.
    Thanks ^.^
    Was just curious for thoughts from my PvE brethren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuziza View Post
    yeah, but still it's better for all heal classes than disc priest...you still need to "crit" to proc DA...and shield can't crit...i'm not saying shield is your biggest portion of healing, but it's still one of highest...and like someone say in PVP this will hurt
    for holy priest it's really good boost because of mastery...echo of lights from 200% crit are really nice

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicKiller View Post
    yeah, but still it's better for all heal classes than disc priest...you still need to "crit" to proc DA...and shield can't crit...
    For a raid healing Discipline Priest, crit's still mediocre at best, and not something to be actively geared. This change doesn't change gearing priorities, or the reasons behind them.

However for a tank healing Discipline Priest, the increase to crit is a much larger boon than to any other healer. And no, the bonus crit doesn't make Echo of Light better. If you needed a bigger number on that, and the bigger crit, chances are you're using the wrong spell.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~