Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I REALLY don't understand why people seem to think that forcing people to go through each raiding tier to reach current content is a good thing.

If you are in a raiding guild, and you lose someone, and you can't get anyone already geared enough to join your raid group, you will be forced to run through outdated content to gear someone up. If your guild needs you to gear up an alt, for one reason or another, you would have to run through all the old content, HOPING that all the gear you need drops, which could take weeks, just so that you would be geared to run current content.

Every time I see someone saying things about "welfare epics" this, and "people can get previous tier gear with JP" that, all I can think is that the person complaining about it has some self-superiority complex, and because they put in all the work raiding content when it was current, and spent weeks upon weeks of not having your item drop, that everyone else should be forced through that for each tier of content before they can do current content.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalOtaku View Post
    What's the point of rushing to the front lines in march of 1945 if you didn't see the D-Day invasion? Oh, yeah. Because Normandy's invaded now. You missed it.

And it's all very easy to say "why not make these people run the old content" but go back to what Asmalya said: You're using up raid nights that you could spend on progression running content you just spent the last content patch raiding. It really isn't just about letting nubs think they're cool raiding 3/7 while while they're still only 8/12 in t11 content. It's about letting guilds work around member emergencies, hiatuses, new recruits, etc. while not forcing them to raid content they're simply sick of.

---------- Post added 2011-06-03 at 07:19 PM ----------

Except those first seven heroics of the week. Which will give VP at the end of each. Which can buy 378 gear from the Valor vendor.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the new rep gear 365?
    That would be the vendors unlocked through the dailies, which as far as I know, have no rep requirement, just the marks needed to unlock them. The Rep rewards will be 378 or 391 (I've seen both, could be a normal/heroic thing, or the higher rep levels could give 391, while the lower gives 378, not sure)
    Last edited by Rickarus; 2011-06-04 at 07:06 AM.

I have already killed Chogall .. I have no desire to go back and kill him again simply to get access to these items ...

It's like Blizzard said, there's two sides of the fence.

There's hardcore players, and there's softcore players. In my opinion, it's a good thing that Blizzard makes things really tough at first (for the hardcores), then after sufficient time for them to conquer the content, they nerf it down for the softcores and introduce new tough content for the hardcores.

The objective of this game is to see all the content and conquer it. So you DO have something to be proud of. If it matters to you WHEN you conquer it, then you should have been playing since beta and never miss a single expansion or patch.

Remember, this is just a game. Blizzard can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all the time-- but they sure do try to. If you aren't enjoying yourself playing this GAME.. then unsub and play something else.

i dont mind ppl geting vp from heroics heck it will help them and being able to buy curent gear

i know im going off topic here but what bi do mind is ppl farming the lvl 85 notmal at 30 jp per boss as aoe grind fest getting 359's then walking into za/zg and running into loads of trash triyng to aoe loads of grps and wipping comdtantly grps disband they wont learn anything

so to sumerize

i like vp for heroics and buying 378 gear but jp from normals now to get 359 gear = bad idear