Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    You got an SSD from a brand well known for having failure rate almost Ten Times that of the most reliable brand, Intel.

I'm also guessing that you've never used more than a few mechanical hard drives before. I've said this before and I'll say this again; last year I had to replace six mechanical hard drives. Have gone error free the entire current year so far, but I am growing a bit suspicious on one of my WD Scorpio Black drives.
    You sir, have terrible luck. Ive used WD black hard drives to the tune of 40+, never had a single drive have any form of error. Period. The only hard drive ive ever actually had bite the dust was a seagate, and that was the first and last seagate I ever purchased.

I may be a WD "Fanboy" but when ive had such stable and reliable computers built consistantly using them I think the product is sound.

In terms of OCZ vs intel, yes intel has a better track record with SSD's. But I assumed that OCZ's reputation for memory would cross into their SSD products. This wasn't the case of course. However it was very easy to get the drive replaced, and It has a 3 year warranty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgand View Post
    You sir, have terrible luck.
    I don't doubt it. But I've told you my reason for my high distrust of mechanical HDDs. (And as such, why i don't trust RAID0 either)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgand View Post
    But I assumed that OCZ's reputation for memory would cross into their SSD products.
    It did. OCZ aren't overly reliable as far as RAM goes.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2011-06-02 at 02:54 PM.

what about putting just wow on a smaller ssd? would there be any performance gains from that?

TBH I hardly see any load difference times between SSD and HDD when comparing load times to games. The only place that really makes SSD shine is OS load times and drivers

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    You got an SSD from a brand well known for having failure rate almost Ten Times that of the most reliable brand, Intel.
    This being the reason I have an Intel 510 instead of a Vertex 3, despite the fact I really prefer the idea of SandForce controllers and incredible random R/W speeds compared to the Intel.
    Super casual.

Deleted
    Only hard drive I ever had fail on me was a Maxtor (now Seagate) drive, Replaced it via warranty and within a few months, It failed again.

Would never ever buy them again.

OS and apps. Everything else goes to my storage drive.