Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Get a serious job (there are millions of them) and come back to me.
    I worked in a post office sorting warehouse over winter. Slang was used constantly, abbreviations for technical equipment was used constantly. And I live in the north east of England, I doubt anyone from outside the area would even be able to guess how we were communicating. Perhaps you should work in a serious work environment yourself before asserting the value of formal communication over informal, because my experience is interworker communication is HIGHLY informal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I worked in a post office sorting warehouse over winter. Slang was used constantly, abbreviations for technical equipment was used constantly. And I live in the north east of England, I doubt anyone from outside the area would even be able to guess how we were communicating. Perhaps you should work in a serious work environment yourself before asserting the value of formal communication over informal, because my experience is interworker communication is HIGHLY informal.
    I worked in a post office sorting warehouse
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

I said serious, meaning high profile job. School dropouts can work there, but thanks for the laugh.

Deleted
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

I said serious, meaning high profile job. School dropouts can work there, but thanks for the laugh.
    I suspected that would draw out your true colours. People with "high-profile" jobs need working class people much more than vice versa. Your contempt for them expresses your pomposity much more than any critique of your language arguments.

Your selective quote of what I said highlights a larger problem in your critical thinking. I said I worked there over winter, I'm no dropout, I worked there during the holidays. I suspect you give the same treatment to your critics sources.
    Last edited by mmoc8731174f77; 2011-06-03 at 06:07 PM.

Deleted
    People use the letter "R" when they have their left hand on a sacred place.

Why is this still open? When you get down to it, as long as you understand what they are trying to say, its fine. There's no issue. The only issue is that its causing a bunch of old grammar nazi's to throw a tantrum. And this is coming from a guy who constantly corrects people's spelling in trade chat.

Nothing's even being accomplished in this thread! Everyone just keeps insulting the "r" people to raise their self esteems. Just let it go!

i smells srs thread
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Baikalsan vs Alan - you guys seems so caught up in your debate with each other, you don't seem to realise that you long ago abandoned legitimate discussion and are just shitflinging and making yourself look foolish. Please, just drop it. No one wants to read your bickering.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Is the school system in your country really that bad that you can't read?
    What does the educational system in my country have to do with anything? I read everything you said perfectly and if I happened not to understand a point which I very much doubt it was due to your poor communication skills.

He said: text
    He was wrong with that, I corrected him. If you believe the form and presentation doesn't matter at all you have serve mental problems. The entire time it was about that they do not matter AT ALL when they do, I never claimed presentation is the most important thing ever. Stop ASSuming.
    I am sorry who exactly are you to correct him? Furthermore sorry to use this tone but where exactly in your original post did you mention the fact you corrected him? Are you really that stupid, why bother linking something that goes against your entire idea. Also when will you get it through your thick skull that you do have different type of styles of writing/speaking depending on the situation. You use an informal style when with friends/playing videogames and a formal style while at work. Nobody goes "lol boss I'm r to do the job". Stop being ignorant and please tell me where did I assume anything.

"Why are people not going on foot to work? Why are people using machines to cut wood for them? Why are people using the telephone to talk to someone who lives 5 minutes away from them? Why are people using the elevator instead of walking down/up the stairs? Why doesn't the radio guy just yell out the window instead of using machines to make himself heard? Why are we watching movies on computers instead of going to the cinema? Why do we use boats to cross rivers instead of swimming?"
    Which has nothing to do with people being lazy on the internet. Your analogies/comparisons were fail, deal with it that you made a mistake.
    Even if that post was a comparison usually you need 2 terms to compare where all my questions are just one idea. All my questions encompassed the idea of the world evolving and making things easier today compared to 50-60 years ago. Again PLEASE I BEG OF YOU GO READ A DICTIONARY IN YOUR SPARE TIME. It will make this discussion more meaningful and not give me the impression of talking to someone who is 5 years old and does not understand most of the words used except for the basic ones.

Stop being lazy and learn to type faster.
    Why should someone change just to please a bigot such as yourself? Even if he types faster it is still easier/faster to type 1 letter instead of 5.

Laughing is not just an expression, seriously how old are you? Laughing is laughing, laughing is not a word so stop being a tool and say "LULZ HERPA DERPA" and act like an adult.
    Now I know for a fact that you did not read that article on communication you quoted. Here you go
    "Communication is not that easy as it seems and speaking is only one of the elements that it consists of. Apparently it's accepted that the words account for only 7-11% of it. There is also a body language that many people aren't aware of existing or don't know how to use. And if speech and body don't go with themselves someone can be easily misinterpreted. Intentions won't be clear enough"
    Just freaking laugh, nobody but interweb losers say "lol" instead of laughing. It is not even common between gamers, in the real world it is even more strange and dumb. There are so many gamers that frown upon using these words in real life because it doesn't make sense.
    Read what I said above about different styles of speech/writing. If you don't know about these I have to question what did you actually learn in school since these represent basic elements.

Get a serious job (there are millions of them) and come back to me.
    Can you please tell us what exactly do you do for a living and why does this qualify you to dictate what is a proper way to speak in a casual or formal environment because until now you have not shown any actual evidence of some "theoretical paper on this subject" to support your claims while me and others actually did.
    "Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." Muhammad Ali

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate it when ppl short every word... even when it isnt needed. Tho when i am healing and i am in a group with a frenzy pulling tanks need mana and see he is running to pull next trash i type w8

I use R because I am generally carrying on a conversation in guild chat, most likely a whisper or two, and vent/skype while I tank so I take as little time typing to the party that I don't really care about as possible...

And I also happily piss of DPS that say 'R' then 'GOGOGOGOGOGO" "GO DAMMIT HURRY!"
    And then I say "waiting on healer"
    then healer says "R" and I pull whether I have DPS ready at that point or not...
    I'll fight a boss me + healer till the DPS show up doesn't bother me...

and just so ya know... yes I said it...
    I'm a tank, and I don't give a rats @$$ about the people in the groups I'm grouped with, I tolerate them unless they are idiots, or fail at mechanics, at which point i kick them (Failing mechanics I try to help), I'm not here to please them, I am here to get in get my valor and justice points and get out thats it.

I'm surprised people assume just because someone uses "r?" that they are a bad player.. In my experience, people that type everything out and are worried about their grammar in a game are much LESS situationally aware than people who short hand.

Now these things have completely nothing to do with eachother, so assuming that someone using "r?" is going to be a bad player just shows your incompetence.

Yes, I tank and I use r? when I don't feel like a /readycheck is warranted (running up to a boss after a trash pull and mana is looking ok) it basically means no, I really don't give a fuck if dps is ready, I want a reply from the healer and if he says "y" then i'm pulling.

15+ Year Old Account
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

After reading this I think I stop discussing with you. You are an ignorant douchebag with his ass higher than his head. And so are your oppinions which have so much to do with any science as aliens with World War 2.

It still wonders me with tho how someone with so "high profile" job is so rubish with his communication skills. If you think you have it then I really think you should revise your education because it tought you absolutly nothing. The only thing you do have is an overgrown ego.
    Last edited by Lilija; 2011-06-03 at 07:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    How on earth this thread has got so many replies?! Is it really this big of deal?
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleo View Post
    How on earth this thread has got so many replies?! Is it really this big of deal?
    I've been thinking the same thing, I thought it would die mega fast, but 10,000 views later...nope haha