Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

[TV] Your favourite Star Trek series?

Just curious what people think, for me Voyager is the one i really loved.

Deleted
    The Next Generation gets my vote i do like the others but TNG out shines them all.

Only one i havent seen is Star Trek Enterprise wich ive been told to stay away from so ive been doing just that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I prefer Star Trek Enterprise which is also the only one I really followed. But I liked the few episodes of The Next Generation that I saw

T.V. Series: TNG followed closely but DS9 which I think is highly underrated.

Movies: The original cast with Shatner and co. The TNG movies were OKAY at best outside of the awesome First Contact. They felt more like extended episodes rather than a feature film.
    Last edited by shiestykat; 2011-06-02 at 01:43 AM.

I grew up with TNG, so it has my vote.

TNG was my favorite for a long time but they feel a little dated to me. I love voyager after like season 3

My mom and dad were huge Star Trek fans. I never liked the William Shatner and Spock stuff. But I always liked The Next Generation. The internet is partly to blame for my love of that series. Patrick Stewart's the shit.

And the movie First Contact was fucking awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Next Generation is without a doubt, the best. However, that being said, I'm also a huge fan of the less popular Deep Space Nine. I really liked the setting. The cast was a little less memorable, but it was a solid show.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    TNG closely followed by DS9.

Captain Picard is just...amazing. Sisko is fucking awesome too, then again I would totally bone Janeway.
    "The truth, my goal."

TNG is the best hands down. The character depth is amazing, and each of the main characters are individually capable of being (and have been) the focus of entire episodes: Picard, Data, Riker, La Forge, Worf, Troi, O'Brien, etc. Picard is the most inspiring and genuine character and leader probably of any television show. The cinematic technology and script writing was better developed than during the original series. DS9 and Voyager partially filled the void left by the ending of TNG (in what are among the best episodes of the series BTW), and although they certainly had their inspiring moments (DS9 >> Voyager), they don't measure up at all overall. TNG is the greatest television show of all time IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackyran View Post
    TNG is the best hands down. The character depth is amazing, and each of the main characters are individually capable of being (and have been) the focus of entire episodes: Picard, Data, Riker, La Forge, Worf, Troi, O'Brien, etc. The cinematic technology and script writing was better developed than during the original series. DS9 and Voyager partially filled the void left by the ending of TNG (in what are probably the best episodes of the series BTW), and although they certainly had their inspiring moments (DS9 >> Voyager), they don't measure up at all overall. TNG is the greatest television show of all time IMO.
    DS9 did have some fantastic fleet battles and shit though.

Man, I can't stop thinking about Dr. Crusher now. Oh man.

ps. Fuck you Wesley you piece of shit.
    "The truth, my goal."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jackyran View Post
    TNG is the best hands down. The character depth is amazing, and each of the main characters are individually capable of being (and have been) the focus of entire episodes: Picard, Data, Riker, La Forge, Worf, Troi, O'Brien, etc. Picard is the most inspiring and genuine character and leader probably of any television show. The cinematic technology and script writing was better developed than during the original series. DS9 and Voyager partially filled the void left by the ending of TNG (in what are among the best episodes of the series BTW), and although they certainly had their inspiring moments (DS9 >> Voyager), they don't measure up at all overall. TNG is the greatest television show of all time IMO.
    picard is in fact one of the most genuine characters ever but i also loved janeway ;>

10+ Year Old Account
    TNG was the first bit of Star Trek I was exposed to so I'll go with that.

I've rarely seen this much continuity in the WoW community!

TNG here as well. I also enjoyed DS9. I've seen very little Voyager, but I was unimpressed. I've not seen any of the most recent one, Enterprise is it?

Edit: Damn you, now I need to watch some TNG.

Vote Picard for sexiest man, ever!
    Last edited by Dariela; 2011-06-02 at 02:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Deep Space 9 hands down. The whole Dominion War was pure badass. I loved the fact that unlike the other series, its more of an ongoing series. I honestly have never seen the original series, but seen all the movies and Undiscovered Country has to be my favorite of the original cast with First Contact my favorite TNG era movie.

TNG > DS9 >>>>>>>> Voyager

Voyager had sooooo many really bad episodes :-/

Btw. I never watched this "new" Enterprise show with Captain Archer, is it any good?

The Next Generation.

It was made at the perfect time (at least for me). The 1960's Star Trek never clicked for me, because it was made in the 60's and it really shows. And every show past TNG was either too weird (DS9) or too 'modernized' (ENT) for me to really enjoy.

2nd runner up. Voyager because, while people seemed to hate it, it was still enjoyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    TNG > DS9 >>>>>>>> Voyager

Voyager had sooooo many really bad episodes :-/

Btw. I never watched this "new" Enterprise show with Captain Archer, is it any good?
    I just finished rewatching Voyager, well today actually, and it isnt that bad. Probably the worst of the modern Treks, but I still enjoyed it even on a 2nd viewing, more than 95% of whats on TV these days. It had a few weak an pointless characters (Chacotay was pointless after the first season) and a few copies of characters from TNG (Seven of Nine was just a female Data) but a few were pretty interesting. The Doctor is by far my favorite. Robert Picardo just rules. And to think I hated him on SG Atlantis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I just finished rewatching Voyager, well today actually, and it isnt that bad. Probably the worst of the modern Treks, but I still enjoyed it even on a 2nd viewing, more than 95% of whats on TV these days. It had a few weak an pointless characters (Chacotay was pointless after the first season) and a few copies of characters from TNG (Seven of Nine was just a female Data) but a few were pretty interesting. The Doctor is by far my favorite. Robert Picardo just rules. And to think I hated him on SG Atlantis.
    Voyager is way better than Enterprise. If T'pol wasn't in Enterprise I'm not sure I'd even like that show. Oh T'pol...you...
    "The truth, my goal."