The Spider vs Bones ?

For those of you who know Jon Jones and Anderson Silva this post might be useless to you but, for those of you who are interested in the sport of mma but aren't quite aware of who the "who's who" are then this might be an interesting read for you

The current Light Heavyweight Champion of the UFC Jon "Bones" Jones has expressed extreme (when I say extreme I can't define it enough he is at the point of taunting silva into it!) interest in fighting the "P4P King" Middleweight Champion of the UFC Anderson Silva, Jon Jones states that he has modeled his fighting career around fighting "the spider". Now with the self-proclaimed (by Dana White) "Ultimate Ultimate Ultimate of Super Fights" probably not happening anytime SOON because for some weird reason White isn't as interested in a G.S.P vs Silva Superfight QUITE YET, he has stated that he would LIKE to throw in Nick Diaz against G.S.P before the "superfight" with Silva, which logically leaves Silva out and free to take on others, namely Yushin Okami.

So where can Jon Jones fit in his first defense is going to be against Quinton jackson...

What are your thoughts on this match up, anderson silva HAS gone up to light heavyweight before and "The Original Ultimate Fighter" Forrest Griffin felt the sting of that. (one of the most EMBARASSING KNOCKOUTS EVER!).

(I am in NO way shape or form any type of nut-hugger towards any fighter).
    Last edited by Spoogles; 2011-06-02 at 03:35 AM.

GSP and Silva both take less risks and are more measured in their performance. Silva has the upper hand to me because his potential arsenal is so diverse and all of it is deadly.

Jon Jones has a frenzy to him, and he's a dirty fighter. He takes every opportunity to obstruct the breathing of his opponent. I can't think of another fighter that shuts down their opponent's ability to rest/recoup like Jones. Because of his flashy and eager style successful counters against him could be brutal, but I still give the edge to him. To watch him, he would seem amateur if he didn't make his opponents look like middle school brawlers. Makes it all the harder that Silva looks like Neo from the Matrix in his fights.

If Silva and Jones were to fight, I'd expect at least the kind of fight that we saw when Silva took on Sonnen.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see it, but Jones has way too many people to beat in the Light Heavyweight division before this matchup would ever come to fruition. Silva is basically out of people to beat the shit out of. Same for GSP until Diaz is in the UFC then omgwtfbbq is GSP going to wreck him.

Is Jackson going to be Jones' next opponent for sure? Last I hear he was sidelined til the end of this year and was still lined up to fight Rashad first. I could see Rashad having a chance as he is a quick son of a bitch, but Bones will destroy Rampage unless he actually found his power again and got a lucky shot in. Rampage has looked incredibly meh his last two fights.

I try not to let their personal lives change the way I look at them as fighters, but listening to both Rashad and Rampage recently has me wanting to see them get dominated. Give Jones a few more years to grow and I'm not sure who will be able to challenge him from the current roster. Course he may crash and burn. That'd be a fun watch too.

I would love to see that fight. I'm not sure The Spider is beatable. Then aain, I didnt think Chuck "The Iceman" was beatable...\
    Did Silvia used to fight light-heavy? if Jones tries to lose 30 lbs off his already skinny-ass he might not having anything left in the tank to fight such a powerhouse as Silvia in such a weakened state.

Edt: On the GSP note. I think GSP is an amazing fighter, but his last few fights have been snooze-fests. GSP seems like he is fighting not to lose rather than fighting to win.
    Last edited by Sunslayer; 2011-06-02 at 09:23 PM.