Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    bah,i'm the only who think that warlock is to be buffed?? or other classes are to be nerfed? warlock have one of the worst dps of the game...with my warlock it's great if i can do 14k dps (it's not a l2p issue,i played affliction warlock on all wrath and all cataclysm before i stopped playing it, there's no difference between wrath affly e cata affly) with a good gear...with my warrior i touched 33k dps with a continuos dps of 19/20k... and i dressed with garbage...so, where the fuck is balance? maybe the warlock is balanced...but all the other class are not!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromkor View Post
    bah,i'm the only who think that warlock is to be buffed?? or other classes are to be nerfed? warlock have one of the worst dps of the game...
    ur by far not the onlyone, 90% on warlockforum are just mages in disguise that dont wanna be second on dps or get killed by us in pvp.

warlock dps is indeed horrible. will we often end up in top 5 dps, people seem to forget that we attack multiply targets at once while every other class does singletarget dps. I'm not really sure but if you dps 2 targets at once and still get outdpsed by other classes that only attack 1 target, something is seriously wrong.
    right now we are having the luck of being able to attack multiply targets on almost every single ecounter or heavy movementfights where we dont drop to hard on dps because we have pets and dots, but on fights with low movement and no adds, like algaroth, our dps is horrible.

I'm glad we have no changes. The only change warlocks were likely to get were nerfs. Perhaps demo could have used a little single target love, but it's really not as far behind as people think anyway, it just looks a long way behind on ranking/log sites because all the top players go for the higher dps specs of aff/destro.
    Last edited by avengingbt; 2011-06-02 at 04:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by butterzz View Post
    ur by far not the onlyone, 90% on warlockforum are just mages in disguise that dont wanna be second on dps or get killed by us in pvp.

warlock dps is indeed horrible. will we often end up in top 5 dps, people seem to forget that we attack multiply targets at once while every other class does singletarget dps. I'm not really sure but if you dps 2 targets at once and still get outdpsed by other classes that only attack 1 target, something is seriously wrong.
    right now we are having the luck of being able to attack multiply targets on almost every single ecounter or heavy movementfights where we dont drop to hard on dps because we have pets and dots, but on fights with low movement and no adds, like algaroth, our dps is horrible.
    Lots of fail happening in this post and the one above it. Actually, quite dumbfounding. I would wholly suggest it's a L2P problem, since we feel really good right now, even as single targeting.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/v...?s=2155&e=2326
    Last edited by Ozteck; 2011-06-02 at 04:40 PM.

we can see it,the mages did the best of your dps with a double of yours in the first 3 minutes of fight,then because of moving he loses some...but probably in a fight like chimaeron, when there's very little movement, the mage could beat you by a lot...

btw...that mage have really touched 64k of dps?? O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    we can see it,the mages did the best of your dps with a double of yours in the first 3 minutes of fight,then because of moving he loses some...but probably in a fight like chimaeron, when there's very little movement, the mage could beat you by a lot...

btw...that mage have really touched 64k of dps?? O.o
    The fight didn't last 3 minutes. I can't begin to understand how you're interperting the data, so I won't even try. The biggest numbers for our mage came on Omni-tron. With the 1 button rotation while standing a power generator and boss in a poison cloud, situational burst is bursty. A bit more homework is required if 64k burst dps seems impressive.

Since you asked for a chimmy fight. Here is our last fight, which also happened to be the last viable drain life fight:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...?s=5461&e=5912

Mage followed the same pattern. If all you care about is a built-up burst (volcanic pot and arcane power) instead of longitudinal play, delete your lock!

There's absolutely nothing wrong with warlocks (sure, I'd love to be able to use the felguard in single target, who wouldn't), it's all dependant on the person behind the screen.
    Last edited by Ozteck; 2011-06-02 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozteck View Post
    The fight didn't last 3 minutes. I can't begin to understand how you're interperting the data, so I won't even try. The biggest numbers for our mage came on Omni-tron. With the 1 button rotation while standing a power generator and boss in a poison cloud, situational burst is bursty. A bit more homework is required if 64k burst dps seems impressive.

Since you asked for a chimmy fight. Here is our last fight, which also happened to be the last viable drain life fight:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...?s=5461&e=5912

Mage followed the same pattern. If all you care about is a built-up burst (volcanic pot and arcane power) instead of longitudinal play, delete your lock!

There's absolutely nothing wrong with warlocks (sure, I'd love to be able to use the felguard in single target, who wouldn't), it's all dependant on the person behind the screen.
    then i don't understand why only you and few more locks can reach these numbers, affliction is the same from wotlk in rotation and i can't even imagine to do the dps of my warrior...

Deleted
    leave warlock alone no need for change

edit: soulfire should be added to impending doom
    felguard should be demos bread and butter demon
    dispell protection for immolate through chaosbolt

but i can live without it
    Last edited by mmocdc0f776ee9; 2011-06-02 at 08:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    then i don't understand why only you and few more locks can reach these numbers, affliction is the same from wotlk in rotation and i can't even imagine to do the dps of my warrior...
    In all seriousness, the WoLK aff model is really different than the Cata aff philosophy. Appropriate "clipping", what I consider Dot-blending, takes much more concentration and precision than the WoLK model of falling-off-to-reapply.

You must dot-blend, and at the absolute 1-2 second window of opportunity (except BoD, put that up 1-14 seconds), which is entirely opposite of what we had to do in WoLK.

Personally, if I didn't have my powerauras number coundowns for each dot, the class would be unplayable. I suspect that the random joe-q-warlock hasn't invested the amount of time it takes to make the UI changes neccessary to maximize the class. I'm embarrased that my own uptimes would be insufficient to be in a top 100 raiding guild. Since I don't really care though, I post.
    Last edited by Ozteck; 2011-06-02 at 08:47 PM.

warlocks are just fine in pve, all of the 3 specs (maybe demo is a bit low in some situations, yea).
    but the problem is in the pvp sector, where the fairly complex rotation (lets say destro's) isnt executable thus making our dmg output horribly low, due to lot of movement needed, impossibility to cast soulfire for the buff, real low haste making the casts infinite, and real low dmg overall, not to mention all the ways melees counter us preventing our casts to be actually cast.
    Last edited by Nebthet; 2011-06-03 at 03:28 PM.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrafragen View Post
    i beg to differ, im still pulling 28k dps in 354 gear on cho'gall in affliction or Demo. warlocks are fine in any situation imho. ive played mine since tbc day of release. AoE we're great, single target we're great. Deal with it
    that was pretty easy to look up

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...?s=2365&e=2830

Quote Originally Posted by Deyrion View Post
    bah, i'm tired of threads like this one... do you really think, blizzard isn't aware of the lack of singeltarget dmg by demon-warlocks? they read, the forums, they at least got a simulator like the one from ej, and: they got all the information from raids they need!

just wait, the buff will come
    Demo been needing of a single target buff since the start of Ulduar so yeh we still waiting and waiting, better sit down cause isnt comming soon.

There are plenty of locks who can reach high numbers easily. It just so happens our class is the least represented, I'm guessing due to the difficulty of playing our class effectively. The "rotation" is essentially the same, the difficulty is executing it perfectly throughout a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Entropic View Post
    There are plenty of locks who can reach high numbers easily. It just so happens our class is the least represented, I'm guessing due to the difficulty of playing our class effectively. The "rotation" is essentially the same, the difficulty is executing it perfectly throughout a fight.
    probably...but i reached easily the high positions of the damage meter with my warlock in wrath...and now it's good if i reach 11/12k of dps... .-.