Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentsnipe1212 View Post
    so i finished my workout tonite about 45 min ago. tonite i did shoulders and arms. and during the shoulder and tricep exercises, i really felt the burn. however when i did the bicep exercises my triceps and forearms were hurting and my biceps didnt really feel like they were being worked much.

im incredibly weak lol. im using 15 lb weights for every exercise in the routine. my little brother took my 20's and i cant find them. so when i wanted to go up in weight, i would be forced to use my 25's, and im just not strong enough for them yet.

so as for the lack of bicep burn, is my technique wrong? if i have to give a description of it then i will. if someone thinks im not doing it right, how could i find out what im doing wrong?

I think I found your problem. You said you did your tricep exercises followed by your bicep exercises? Then it's obvious that your triceps hadn't recovered from your previous exercise. You see, even when you work on your biceps, your triceps still puts in a lot of effort. When you lift up a weight, your bicep muscle kicks in, but whenever you bring the weight back down, your triceps are in use. If you don't use you triceps, then the weight would go down at gravity's speed.

I suggest you lump in your tricep/bicep exercises into one exercise.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

If your muscles are very, very worn-out, take a day or two off. That pain is your body telling you to take a break. Also, my workout partner is novice weight-lifter and complains constantly about workouts wearing out his biceps instead if the intended muscle group, or his triceps instead of his shoulders. I try and work on his technique. Technique is everything. Do not move your body, do not move your elbows. Example: If you have to move your body, the weight is too heavy. if you need momentum to lift the weight, it is too heavy. Form is everything. I see so many guys trying to impress everyone by lifting huge weights and doing so with horrible form.

yesterday i was doing Biceps with 35 lbs (Hammer-curls). This dude much smaller comes up, grabs 35 as well and starts doing hammers like he is trying to show me he is as strong as me and half my size. He was using momentum to bring the weight up. This is only cheating yourself in the end. I ignore others. I know what works and now chumps when I see em.

Lift with perfect form, you will get results much, much faster.

Again. never move your body or your elbows. keep your elbows in a stationary position. if you cant do that, lower the weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Lift with perfect form, you will get results much, much faster.
    Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Yes.

Not only are you cheating yourself out of potential improvement (half the momentum movements in lifts don't actually hit the muscle you want it to), you're way more apt to actually hurt yourself. This is especially true if you're going for high weight.

These last two posts are dead on. Leave your ego at the door is a common phrase in the weight lifting community. what works for me and everyone is different is 6-8 reps of GOOD form. If I can do more than 8 I will go up in weight and if I find myself needing to thrash around I go down in weight.

lol i dont think im strong, and i wont try to be. ill try doing what you explained, because come to think of it, i remember moving my elbows a little. ill work harder on my technique