Thread: Windows 8 UI

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penric View Post
    It will be on the tablet ofc, but this is also for the standard desktop pc as well.
    it for touch PCs. thoose with touch monitors that were cool in 2010

This will fail because Active Desktop and Media Center failed. A desktop OS should behave like a desktop OS and not like a touch OS.

It will not be popular, and like someone else said. Its not a new OS, its Windows 7 with Touchscreen features.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Visioned View Post
    It will not be popular, and like someone else said. Its not a new OS, its Windows 7 with Touchscreen features.
    Vista was crap and it still outsold all previous versions and all other os's combined. 8 will still outsell 7 and all the rest. Its windows, it sells.

10+ Year Old Account
    All i see is a windows iPad.... wait.... why is this my desk top computer. /reroll linux
    When I went up the stair, I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today. I wish I wish he'd go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    Whale Shark is the devourer of the slow moving and inattentive. This includes plankton, whales, and AFK players.

Whale Shark swims where and how it pleases. Whale Shark /spits on your science.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seethe View Post
    All i see is a windows iPad....
    The interface is barely reminiscent of iOS at all.

Some idiot writing for Mac Rumors claimed it did - but as I said. An idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by belgicanofl View Post
    Vista was crap and it still outsold all previous versions and all other os's combined. 8 will still outsell 7 and all the rest. Its windows, it sells.
    Yes, it will but mainly because it has an "8" in its name instead of a "7".

it looks like windows 7 with a tablet UI if you want to use it (witch i can see as a goodthing for my grandma, her eye sight isn't that good and she only uses a few things)

all i am woundering witch they didn't show is how it handels changing orientation, sens that was the biggest part that made windows 7 unusebal for tablets

Deleted
    You should make a poll "like or dislike windows 8"

The question is, in terms of accessing programs/softwares, will windows 8 prove to be faster than windows 7?
    I doubt it.

Also, there are many "widgets" or "gadgets" on that image that are completely unnecessary and useless to me. Personally, I love having a "clean" ui with nothing but programs and a HUGE HQ wallpaper to look at.

Windows 7 is great as it is...why make windows 8? Innovation? We'll see...Obviously, windows 8 looks to be more built for touch-screen computers...

Quote Originally Posted by belgicanofl View Post
    Well, difference is that Vista provided a major overhaul of the standard Windows UI and looked entirely different from XP. If the video is anything to go by, the standard UI in W8 looks entirely like Windows 7, but with an additional (and seperate) touch screen UI to go with it. Thus people might not see a reason to upgrade if they aren't interested in the touch-screen stuff, as the rest of it looks identical to Windows 7.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

Id use it, iv used the windows phone rainmeter skin before and enjoyed it. But id only get windows 8 if i get it for free from work like i did windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by Auralan View Post
    People calling out random stuff without any reference are the source of all these rumors. Post a source or stop spreading crap around, please.
    Someone piss in your cheerios this morning? There is a reason why its called a rumor. Microsoft is switching to a new disk format for upcoming games. That's one of the reasons that Microsoft recently put out a patch to reset firmware on everyone's xbox 360. Again, it is just a rumor but you cant rule out the possibility either.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Someone piss in your cheerios this morning?
    Oh man, I have never heard that expression before. How excellent it is.

Feels like it's to shiny to actually preform well, to much unnecessary things etc etc.
    I hope that it will turn out well and not be a failture like vista.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    After 6 years, we've finally collected enough of their scales to have a full set of Murloc scaled armor.

Off-Topic: Many of the replies in this thread remind me of the people that were judging WoW expansions based solely on textures from alpha and beta.

OT: Is there a list of current or intended hardware "compatibilities" for Win8 (The ARM/Intel blurb was nice but I'm looking for something more in depth)

10+ Year Old Account
    This just in, Windows 8 copied Omnimo. x3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    I heard a rumor that Win8 will allow Xbox 360 games to run natively on the PC. If that's true, then I will get it in a heartbeat. Just a rumor though. The only reason to own a console is the 1-2 good exclusives that come out each year.
    I've heard this rumor too! If it is really true then I expect to see xbox game sales SKYROCKET past sony if they aren't already. I'd love to get all xbox-exclusive games working on my PC, Street Fighter IV is like the only good one atm.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    That is tablet/TS version. DT will be more like Win7

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    This just in, Windows 8 copied Omnimo. x3
    Which copied Windows Phone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    Which copied Windows Phone?
    I was kidding.
    (Poking fun at the "Rift copied WoW copied EQ" business.)