1 0.63%
  • Oin

0 0%
  • Ori

2 1.27%
Page 20 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I would like to know where, because I did not see him. I saw the trolls and a giant throwing a rock.
    On second look, I think I was mistaken. But I was talking about the figure at 1:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    On second look, I think I was mistaken. But I was talking about the figure at 1:20.
    Oh yeah. I think this is actually one of the giants of the Misty Mountains. The company see them before Goblintown. I'm surprised Peter Jackson put them in the movie.

cant wait for this movie, i've been a lotr fan back in time

Is it my birthday? Is it Christmas? Could it be? A third Hobbit movie?

Read this ASAP http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92873
    Stop toying with my emotions, PJ, and make this happen!

Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.

One of my favorite books - can't wait for the movie.

Is it my birthday? Is it Christmas? Could it be? A third Hobbit movie?

Read this ASAP http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92873
    If PJ had stuck to the book, there would not be a need for two movies. With the addition of Gandalf perspective and his fight in Dol Guldur, there can be two movies and it is great. But three movies? I think he's stretching it a bit much.

If PJ had stuck to the book, there would not be a need for two movies. With the addition of Gandalf perspective and his fight in Dol Guldur, there can be two movies and it is great. But three movies? I think he's stretching it a bit much.

Have you not read Tolien? There's so much content in LotR, Hobbit, appendices... He could make fifty movies.

Have you not read Tolien? There's so much content in LotR, Hobbit, appendices... He could make fifty movies.
    Not all of that content would make for a very good film however. They did include some of it in LOTR but left out some as well. I think their best bet would be to leave it after these two films. Using something from Unfinished Tales or the Silmarillion could go poorly.

I've read Tolkien. The movie is called The Hobbit, and the story is following Bilbo, mainly. I agree with the addition of the battle at Dol Guldur, because it relates to what happens during that adventure and LotR. However, when the Battle of Five Armies is over and Bilbo is back home, there is no need to tell us what happens after that. That story begins and ends with Bilbo, it's about him. Now if Jackson wants to make another movie about what happened during the 60 years between The Hobbit and Fellowship of the Rings, it's his call. But it should not be called The Hobbit, part 3. Though I don't think it would be much interesting, because not much happens during this. No, I'm wrong. A lot happens but each of these stories are not related to each other, or the outcome is not interesting, so it would not make a good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Not all of that content would make for a very good film however. They did include some of it in LOTR but left out some as well. I think their best bet would be to leave it after these two films. Using something from Unfinished Tales or the Silmarillion could go poorly.
    Agreed. LotR was long enough without the chapter on Faramir and Eowyn's courtship, or the Scouring of the Shire, or Tom Bombadil, or the Fog on the Barrow-Downs, or the hobbits meeting the Elves just outside of the Shire, or the lengthy Council of Elrond (the real council was long as fuck and recounted Aragorn's attempt to catch Gollum, among other things.) I could go on. PJ did a good job, I think, condensing it into 3 films. If he stayed true to the books, there'd be easily ten movies.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

Other topic : Does anyone find it strange to see Dale so much populated in the production video? Isn't this city supposed to be abandonned since Smaug's coming, and all the survivors founded Esgaroth or Laketown?

Other topic : Does anyone find it strange to see Dale so much populated in the production video? Isn't this city supposed to be abandonned since Smaug's coming, and all the survivors founded Esgaroth or Laketown?

I don't remember but I don't think so. Pretty sure theres people.

Mechagnome
    One of the first movies I can say I read the book to! I saw the previews in theaters, took them long enough. They've been talking about it for years and years, I never forgot! A bit surprised it's spread out into two movies, but as long as they don't skip entire parts of the book it will be well worth it. The book was far more involved than the trilogy and far better as far as I'm concerned.

Looking forward to it.

Blademaster
    I'm freaking way stoked to see this!

The Hobbit will now be a trilogy! *Official*

Peter Jackson and Ian McKellen have confirmed officially that "The Hobbit" will be three films, instead of two, to accommodate Toliken's notes at the end of 'Return of the King". So, what do you guys think? I am personally for this, but I know that a lot of people are against it.
    Last edited by Garots; 2012-07-30 at 06:04 PM.

Here's some more info:
    http://www.slashfilm.com/hobbit-film...ential-titles/

Also, merging with the actual Hobbit article.

Three parts? ME GUSTA!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Here's some more info:
    http://www.slashfilm.com/hobbit-film...ential-titles/

Also, merging with the actual Hobbit article.
    "The Hobbit: Riddles in the Dark" sounds REALLY cool.

Okay, I'm a big fan of Lord of the Rings and I can't wait for the Hobbit... but this doesn't seem right.

I could understand making it two movies, since there is so much happening. Making it only one movie would have meant a lot got skipped and we'd get a hasty story.
    But three movies? That just seems like they're milking it now. I really hope it doesn't take away from the excitement by stretching it.

Though I guess it could work, they got lots of appendixes to work from as well. There's so much they could throw in.

It's just that last time I heard people say that splitting a movie into two parts was a good idea was with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. And I thought part 1 sucked horribly, it could have been completely skipped. I don't want that to happen to the Hobbit, then again... This isn't lame ass harry potter we're talking about. And Peter Jackson has done an awesome job on the first trilogy, so who knows... I guess we just have to trust him.