1 0.60%
  • Oin

0 0%
  • Ori

2 1.20%
Page 24 of 112 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I don't think the goblins of moria were really there yet. I mean after the events of the Hobbit is when Dain (I think it was Dain?) went to Moria and I "think" they had some period of wealth and good times there before they got wiped out. At least Gimli makes it sound like he had been there when things were good pre-goblins. But yea it has been a long time so I'd have to recheck as well.
    Balin goes to Moria. They were just beging to colonize it when they fell on the Balrog and the Orcs who were already there. Dain becomes the King under the Mountain after the death of Thorin. I also doubt the orcs from Moria were in the Battle of Five Armies. Moria is rather far from Erebor.

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 10:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    Radagast, Radagast, Radagast need i say more ?
    Radagast who?

Sorry, that was too easy...

Only orcs from Misty Mountains were in the Battle of Five Armies, Gandalf later states that three quarters of orc warriors from Misty Mountains and Gundabad were slain that day, which proved as huge advantage later during war with Sauron (to be precise, orcs of Moria and Misty Mountains are one the same, they were ruled by Azog during War of Orcs and Dwarves, later by his son Bolg). And orcs in Moria were in no shape to mount an offensive/attack with their brethren in Misty Mountains, their numbers were severely depleted during last battle of orcish-dwarven war, when Dain slew Azog.
    During War of the Ring, MM orcs were able to just hold Moria, and several of the mountain passes, that's why Fellowship was able to pass relatively unscathed to Lothlorien.

The 5 armies: Wargs, Goblins, Dwarves, Elves, and Men.

Wargs and Goblins were allies and the wargs just suffered the goblins in letting them ride atop them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Balin goes to Moria. They were just beging to colonize it when they fell on the Balrog and the Orcs who were already there. Dain becomes the King under the Mountain after the death of Thorin. I also doubt the orcs from Moria were in the Battle of Five Armies. Moria is rather far from Erebor.
    Ah that's right thanks.. like I said it's been awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    The 5 armies: Wargs, Goblins, Dwarves, Elves, and Men.

Wargs and Goblins were allies and the wargs just suffered the goblins in letting them ride atop them.
    That's a bit of contention. Your way completely forgets that it was the Eagles showing up and fighting is what turned the tide of battle in against the Wargs and Goblins, which at the very least means they should be counted as an Army. The more accepted philosophy is that the Wargs and Goblins showed up together and were fighting together to start with as one army, while the Men, Dwarves, and Elves were originally planning to fight a 3 way battle. It was Wargs & Goblins, Men, Dwarves, Elves, and Eagles.

About the three movie thing, I have no problem with it.

Just look at the average TV series or anime. Game of Thrones for example is 10 hours for the first book and even then it cuts down or squeezes together various things. The Hobbit has many different aspects of it you just can't cut out or else it the movie will be missing a lot. Three films (which I doubt will all be 3 hours long each like LotR, more like 2 hours each unless I missed something) could barely put everything in from the books no matter how small it is.

Just look at it as a movie retelling of a story not in a condensed form. If you don't want to watch it then don't watch it. If you think the first is boring and too long, then don't continue watching it. I just know me and others will watch the movie series and love it no matter how long they make it.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=94283

I'm so excited!

---------- Post added 2012-09-02 at 05:42 AM ----------

The Desolation of Smaug is the title of the second film now.

There and Back Again is the third.

[Films] The Hobbit, new trailer!

HAI U! Didn't see a thread for this, and, well, being the good Samaritan that I am, I want to share this with you: Enjoy

New trailer looks great. I really cant wait to see this film

The only problem I had with Lord of the rings is how it ended... Sauron should have at least appeard to try to take over the ring or something like that.... I'll watch hobbit for the lolz but it won't be the same knowing that it all ends in utter crap for me ;/

The book was amazing and I can see why it's considered a true classic. Hopefully the movie follows it fairly close. I can't wait either.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    The only problem I had with Lord of the rings is how it ended... Sauron should have at least appeard to try to take over the ring or something like that.... I'll watch hobbit for the lolz but it won't be the same knowing that it all ends in utter crap for me ;/
    Well, Sauron's essence was the ring, so he kinda always was in control of it. The two halves needed to come together, that's why he sought it.

Someone fucking get me a TARDIS.
    League of Legends, Video Games & General Off-Topic mod. PM me with any concerns you may have.

I was to busy watching the trailer like 10000 times in the last number of hours to come and link here on the forums, thankfully IngoDent is on the case!

Holy God it was a brilliant Trailer. I'm camping my local movie theaters websites every day or 2 to make sure I can get Midnight Screening tickets in a good seat.

It's going to be couple of hours of pure joy followed by depression on the 13th when I watch, then realise I'm going to have to wait another year for the next installment

Gollum looks especially incredible with the new technology and battle of the five armies is going to be AMAZING (Provided they show more of it then what we get in the book).

Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    I was to busy watching the trailer like 10000 times in the last number of hours to come and link here on the forums, thankfully IngoDent is on the case!

Holy God it was a brilliant Trailer. I'm camping my local movie theaters websites every day or 2 to make sure I can get Midnight Screening tickets in a good seat.

It's going to be couple of hours of pure joy followed by depression on the 13th when I watch, then realise I'm going to have to wait another year for the next installment

Gollum looks especially incredible with the new technology and battle of the five armies is going to be AMAZING (Provided they show more of it then what we get in the book).
    This is going to be a two part movie right? Because they didn't show some stuff from the book (which I won't say), so I assume it will be in the next movie.

I didnt know the trailer was out already! Looks very promising, finally another movie with LOTR-vibe but I don't have to rewatch the old movies now Can't wait

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Well, Sauron's essence was the ring, so he kinda always was in control of it. The two halves needed to come together, that's why he sought it.
    I wasn't gonna reply to him because I would undoubtedly become more upset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    This is going to be a two part movie right? Because they didn't show some stuff from the book (which I won't say), so I assume it will be in the next movie.
    I read on /Film that it's going to be a 3 parter now with the first part tis xmas, the next the following xmas and the finale during that summer.

3 parts? Yes please.
    League of Legends, Video Games & General Off-Topic mod. PM me with any concerns you may have.

I hope this is good. I thoroughly enjoyed the original trilogy but i had some issues with it as well. Definitely looking forward to it though