1 0.74%
  • Oin

0 0%
  • Ori

2 1.48%
Page 75 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lakisa View Post
    they dragged this movie soo much only thing they didn't include is 30 mins of them going to pooper.
    The movie flew by for me. Opinions are neat eh?
    The Most Astounding Fact of the Universe

Invisible flying spaghetti monster in the sky bless America.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    The Tolkien family is pissed at getting worked over financially by New Line and are using their franchise rights as bargaining chips. Meaning they are putting out this whole charade about how they hate what PJ did with the movies and withholding future rights because of it.

So how do I know it's all a charade, you ask?

Pick up a copy of the 1977 Rankin Bass "The Hobbit" and the 1978, Ralph Bakshi directed, "The Lord of the Rings" full feature film for comparison. Both of those were pretty awful, though the kids enjoyed them. The Goblins looked like giant bloated toads and the elves looked like goblins. In talking about his adaptation, Ralph Bakshi even mentions, ""It's not that important to me how a hobbit looks".

I would contend if there was any time for the Tolkien family to be righteously indigent over the adaptation of JRR's work, it would have been in 1978 - however they were not only perfectly fine with what happened, they gave rights for the final movie to Bakshi and worked on making a TV serial with him.
    Hmm. I'd never thought of it that way before, but what you're saying makes a lot of sense. I'd never quite managed to grok why the Estate was so opposed to letting the Silmarillion and other movie rights go, but "we don't want to be screwed by Hollywood accounting again" is certainly a believable one. And, "we hated your adaptation" certainly sounds better than "we're greedy". (Not that I don't sympathize with anyone who's been screwed by Hollywood accounting.)

You know i was listening too Into the west by annie lennox and now i think of it just hearing that song and picture it with The lord of the rings makes the it so hard for the hobbit too beat it for me because that song sums up the whole trilogy for me.
    |Asus Rampage IV Formula|GeIL 32 GB DDR3-1600 Kit|Intel i7-3930K|EVGA GTX680 Hydro Copper|OCZ VTX4-512G|Asus Xonar Phoebus|Corsair HX1050|Cosmos II|
    ~ Sta op voor de kampioen! 2013-2014 ~ Hardcore/Hardstyle/Industrial/Frenchcore <3

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    You know i was listening too Into the west by annie lennox and now i think of it just hearing that song and picture it with The lord of the rings makes the it so hard for the hobbit too beat it for me because that song sums up the whole trilogy for me.
    The songs in LOTR doesn't match what The Hobbit is though. It's more a fun adventure than an epic sad and heroic mythological story.
    Belief can become reality!

Finally saw the movie. Not quite sure what to think about it. It has a rather boring ending if you ask me..

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Finally saw the movie. Not quite sure what to think about it. It has a rather boring ending if you ask me..
    Pretty much because it stopped in the middle of the story :P

Pit Lord
    imo its similar to the way fellowship of the ring ended. its planned to be a trilogy i think right? so naturally the ending would be sort of a cliff hanger and somewhat confusing ending as there are going to be more movies after it.

overall i thought it was a good movie and picked it up on dvd the other day

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    imo its similar to the way fellowship of the ring ended. its planned to be a trilogy i think right? so naturally the ending would be sort of a cliff hanger and somewhat confusing ending as there are going to be more movies after it.

overall i thought it was a good movie and picked it up on dvd the other day
    Fellowship of the Ring had a far better ending and climax.

The dragon teaser was also a massive turn off. All I saw was the part of a badly computer generated dragon head. Just the way they did the ending made it feel like a Disney movie production. I wish they had just ended it when they looked out into the distance where Lonely Mountain lays.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 06:27 PM ----------

I was wondering.. What does Dol Guldur have anything to do with Erebor?

I was wondering.. What does Dol Guldur have anything to do with Erebor?
    http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Dol_Guldur

Scroll down to the "Sauron Discoverd" and "Sauron Flees to Mordor" and you'll see how they are related. Short answer is they are only really related in terms of Gandalf's plans to ensure Smaug and Sauron can't ally together.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post

Scroll down to the "Sauron Discoverd" and "Sauron Flees to Mordor" and you'll see how they are related. Short answer is they are only really related in terms of Gandalf's plans to ensure Smaug and Sauron can't ally together.
    Apparently Sauron is going to appear at the Nattle of the Five Armies. Maybe he teams up with Sir Defiler or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post

Ah, of course. Seems logical since Gandalf already expressed his suspicions on Sauron being there during the white council meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Apparently Sauron is going to appear at the Nattle of the Five Armies. Maybe he teams up with Sir Defiler or something?
    If that happens there's no face left when I stop palming it.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"I envy Obama, because he can spy on his own people and get away with it." - Putin

I *REALLY* hope not. I couldn't imagine PJ making that kind of blunder. He's done such a great job keeping true to the lore, I just cannot see him doing something so blatantly off.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

I don't know, it could work. Would make everyone whine about how the whole Necromancer thing was completely filler to make three movies if he wasn't tied into the third movie. Especially when he in the first movie is little more than foreshadowing. Sauron would have an interest in establishing his armies within Erebor.

New Youtube stuff!

Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    [video=youtube;MvF8bpowywI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvF8bpowywI[video]

New Youtube stuff!
    I was planning on buying the DVD just before PJ's livestream came online, but.. no stores open on a sunday (that planning!) had it. The newest movie they had was the latest Twilight. If I remember correctly that came out just before The Hobbit.. they should've had it ;_; Ah well, at least we have those 6 minutes, and some blogger kept me up to date throughout the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    notice the lack of ass groping and milk

I don't know, it could work. Would make everyone whine about how the whole Necromancer thing was completely filler to make three movies if he wasn't tied into the third movie. Especially when he in the first movie is little more than foreshadowing. Sauron would have an interest in establishing his armies within Erebor.
    That would be awful The whole point of Gandalf leaving them in Mirkwood was to go deal with Sauron, after which he needs to flee to Mordor. Would be cool if they show that confrontation, in addition to the "adventures" of Bilbo and the Dwarves. But if they either don't have Gandalf leave them, or he leaves them but Sauron still shows up at the battle.... it would really mess crap up. I would be sad

Ever seen the Stephen colbert show? that guy is a freak when it comes too the whole tolkien mythology he knows everything ask him and he knows.
    |Asus Rampage IV Formula|GeIL 32 GB DDR3-1600 Kit|Intel i7-3930K|EVGA GTX680 Hydro Copper|OCZ VTX4-512G|Asus Xonar Phoebus|Corsair HX1050|Cosmos II|
    ~ Sta op voor de kampioen! 2013-2014 ~ Hardcore/Hardstyle/Industrial/Frenchcore <3

Yes! I crack up on those episodes so much. There is always a part of me saying "someone has to be telling him the answers, they just have to" but I doubt that is the case. He's crazy.

Did he like the movie? I guess he did, because if he showed distaste of it he couldn't be riding the media for the next two movies.