Poll: Dwarf

Quote Originally Posted by Garots View Post
    I guess i'm going to have to see the movie in 3D now...

Deleted
    I just read that Orlando Bloom will also be in the Hobbit. I may be mistaken right now (gotta look into the book once I get home), but in the Hobbit, is there any mention of Legolas? Sure, his folk play a major part, so it kinda makes sense for him to be in there, but is he even mentioned in the book?

Also, I am a little curious as for the division into 3 movies; not that I oppose it, I just wonder where the cuts will be.

Edit: sounds nice (still I wonder where the cuts will be, but if it's gonna be THIS detailed I can't wait and HOPE they're not gonna do that 3-years-in-a-row-just-before-Christmas-thing. I'd hate that tbh.)
    We know how much of the story of Bilbo Baggins, the Wizard Gandalf, the Dwarves of Erebor, the rise of the Necromancer, and the Battle of Dol Guldur will remain untold if we do not take this chance. The richness of the story of The Hobbit, as well as some of the related material in the appendices of The Lord of the Rings, allows us to tell the full story of the adventures of Bilbo Baggins and the part he played in the sometimes dangerous, but at all times exciting, history of Middle-earth.
    Source
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2012-08-02 at 11:23 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    I just read that Orlando Bloom will also be in the Hobbit. I may be mistaken right now (gotta look into the book once I get home), but in the Hobbit, is there any mention of Legolas? Sure, his folk play a major part, so it kinda makes sense for him to be in there, but is he even mentioned in the book?
    Peter jackson felt that as the journey takes them too mirkwood that legolas should be there as he is from there tbh its nice too see P jackson decided too add him too the story but he is not mentioned in the books.

As of now there are not gonna do a 3-year thing it will be first part this year second part next year and third part in the summer of 2014 but look at it the positive way some trilogy's takes ages with like 2-4 years between them so we should be glad P.jackson is filming this back too back coz not many people do that.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2012-08-02 at 12:14 PM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I can't see 3D movies but I still want to go just for those fancy glasses!
    You cant see them? Why?

The glasses sometimes give me a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    So, is anyone else as excited for this two part movie event as I am? I'm giddy as a school girl.

Part one is scheduled for release December 14, 2012 and will be titled "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey."

Part two is scheduled for release December 13, 2013 and will be titled "The Hobbit: There and Back Again."

Love the names, they're straight outta the book. Anyways if you want to keep up with Hobbit news/production check it out.

http://www.thehobbitblog.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video....81557&comments
    I didn't know this movie was going to be in TWO PARTS! Makes it that much more EPIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2NE1 View Post
    I didn't know this movie was going to be in TWO PARTS! Makes it that much more EPIC!!!
    It's not in two parts anymore....It's going to be in 3

Quote Originally Posted by markluzz View Post
    it's not in two parts anymore....it's going to be in 3
    o________o

holy crap
    Last edited by 2NE1; 2012-08-02 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2NE1 View Post
    o________o

holy crap
    Yeah. It's going to be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    i believe that this is relevant

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/

but regardless i know that me and my family will be seeing it as soon as it comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, saw the article earlier today. It is going to be awesome.

How the hell are they going to do this? The book is so short compared to any of the LoTR books, I could sit down and start reading it now and be finished tonight with some time to spare. I could see how they could stretch it to 2 movies if they included every last detail, but all I'm seeing now is the search for more money. I don't doubt that they'll be good but if each installment is an hour and 20 minutes I'm going to be a bit upset.

Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    i believe that this is relevant
    The one poster did not know, so they were informing them.

---------- Post added 2012-08-02 at 01:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    How the hell are they going to do this? The book is so short compared to any of the LoTR books, I could sit down and start reading it now and be finished tonight with some time to spare. I could see how they could stretch it to 2 movies if they included every last detail, but all I'm seeing now is the search for more money. I don't doubt that they'll be good but if each installment is an hour and 20 minutes I'm going to be a bit upset.
    Also, remember that there are 115 pages of extra notes to work off of too. And when has Jackson let us down? Also, that time of you reading, is about the same time as three long movies.
    Last edited by Garots; 2012-08-02 at 09:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

I think he did it the correct way. Instead of announcing one book as three movies, he actually thought the material would fit into two. (Lord of the Rings was originally going to be 2 movies, if you recall, but that turned out to be way too little) Peter Jackson announcing a third after production wraps is a good sign that he's doing it for the content in particular, not that it's just "more money". He knows a 5 hour 'part two' movie is just too long to make people sit and watch, so he's bringing the last two movies only 6 months apart.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garots View Post
    The one poster did not know, so they were informing them.

---------- Post added 2012-08-02 at 01:36 PM ----------

Also, remember that there are 115 pages of extra notes to work off of too. And when has Jackson let us down? Also, that time of you reading, is about the same time as three long movies.
    that... that had nothing to do with what i was saying. i was just posting that because i believed it was relevant to the discussion and was funny.

but regardless, i never heard of the extra notes thing, what all is in it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post

Also, I am a little curious as for the division into 3 movies; not that I oppose it, I just wonder where the cuts will be.

Edit: sounds nice (still I wonder where the cuts will be, but if it's gonna be THIS detailed I can't wait and HOPE they're not gonna do that 3-years-in-a-row-just-before-Christmas-thing. I'd hate that tbh.)

Source

Not mentioned but it would make sense that he's there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Not mentioned but it would make sense that he's there.
    Agreed. He is the Thranduil's son after all. I just hope he doesn't make TOO big of a character in the film, but a small appearance wouldn't hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they are going to make legolas have big part in the battle against the necromancer and proberly will appear in the battle of 5 armies but i cant rember if the elves turned up to that atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorged View Post
    I think they are going to make legolas have big part in the battle against the necromancer and proberly will appear in the battle of 5 armies but i cant rember if the elves turned up to that atm.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Legolas is one of the feasting elves Bilbo and the dwarves stumble upon in Mirkwood. Legolas could be at the attack of Dol Guldur, but I think he would fit better in the Battle of Five Armies, as one of his father's captains.

All I know is I served Martin Freeman in Starbucks on my first week there, and non of my co-workers had any idea who he was. They will now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have ot say one thing: How is it they can extend one book (The only Lord of the Rings book ive ever read) into three movies, when they were shrinking each of the other books into one move? Are they going to be able to pull it off? Because it seemed to be a fairly short read to me. Call me ignorant but thats my IMO