Poll: Dwarf

The movie looks so different from the lotr universe we saw in the original trilogy. I'm not a huge fan of what I've seen, and this is coming from a diehard fan... the style looks kinda comical. The dwarves look a lot like what I'd expect from del Toro if he stayed on the project. I'm sure it'll be good, Peter Jackson knows the universe better than anyone else. But still...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    The movie looks so different from the lotr universe we saw in the original trilogy. I'm not a huge fan of what I've seen, and this is coming from a diehard fan... the style looks kinda comical. The dwarves look a lot like what I'd expect from del Toro if he stayed on the project. I'm sure it'll be good, Peter Jackson knows the universe better than anyone else. But still...
    Actually that has bothered me too. The dwarves, especially Thorin. He does not look like a dwarf at all imo :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    Actually that has bothered me too. The dwarves, especially Thorin. He does not look like a dwarf at all imo :/
    Do you like the song though? http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...miere-20121112

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Page cannot be found error 404

Page cannot be found error 404
    Try this one HERE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Try this one HERE.
    I liked the song. Not really sure if it is a fitting song for the movie though So different from the Lord of the Rings songs!

10+ Year Old Account
    While some of them look a little less dwarvish, it's better than the alternative of 13 flavors of Gimli IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    While some of them look a little less dwarvish, it's better than the alternative of 13 flavors of Gimli IMO.
    Yea ofcourse i do not want 13 Gimli lookalikes. But they some of them should look more dwarvish. Atleast Thorin. He look more like Captain Hook

I like the Dwarves, they each have personality. Too many beards that all look the same would be lame.

I am really excited about this, and this is going to be the 1st movie to use High Frame Rate, so it should look really pretty.

This movie is goin to be awesome! iv been waiting for a new LoTR Movie to come out since i first saw the 3rd one. cant Wait!!!!

I have mixed feelings about this movie. I'm a big fan of the original trilogy "The Lord of the Rings", and with this one, I almost feel like there is no way possible for it to have near the excitement its predecessor was able to achieve. You already know the ending, and how the ring was destroyed by Frodo. How can it possibly get any better than that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquan View Post
    I have mixed feelings about this movie. I'm a big fan of the original trilogy "The Lord of the Rings", and with this one, I almost feel like there is no way possible for it to have near the excitement its predecessor was able to achieve. You already know the ending, and how the ring was destroyed by Frodo. How can it possibly get any better than that?
    Unless you have read the book, you do not know how this story ends. The Hobbit is its own story. It is about 13 dwarves and a hobbit who are journeying to the Lonely Mountain to retake it from the dragon Smaug. The ring only plays a small (well, not so small) part in it. It is only a trinket Bilbo finds that helps him in his role of burglar.

Deleted
    I have my fears. I have heard more negative critic than positive about this upcoming movie. Of course, I'm a huge LotR fan when and will definitely go watch 'The Hobbit'. But maybe that's the problem, LotR is in it's very own category and that's why I'm going to get dissappointed most likely. My expectations are just way too high, there's just no way anyone will pull off anything like LotR in a while. But of course, one can always hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Friyn View Post
    I have my fears. I have heard more negative critic than positive about this upcoming movie. Of course, I'm a huge LotR fan when and will definitely go watch 'The Hobbit'. But maybe that's the problem, LotR is in it's very own category and that's why I'm going to get dissappointed most likely. My expectations are just way too high, there's just no way anyone will pull off anything like LotR in a while. But of course, one can always hope.
    It's always good to go into movies with low expectations because then you enjoy them more. I always have friends that get overly excited for a movie and it ends up being ok or above average. Usually that makes the movie seem much worse than it was as well. I hope my expectations don't get too high, I love lord of the rings and I loved The Hobbit. However when I read The Hobbit for the first time it took me a while to get into it because it isn't like LotR, it's not any worse than LotR either I think people just have this expectation that since the books are in the same universe they are going to be really similar.

Deleted
    All I want to see before the movie is a picture, sketch ANYTHING! of Smaug!

I also dislike half the Dwarves looking like humans.

On the plus side, I like Martin Freeman much, much more as a main actor than Elijah Wood. Looking forward to his performance

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 07:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    All I want to see before the movie is a picture, sketch ANYTHING! of Smaug!
    I'm the opposite, they better not spoil him!!!
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

I liked the song. Not really sure if it is a fitting song for the movie though So different from the Lord of the Rings songs!
    Just so you know book wise the Hobbit is a lot different from the Lord of the Rings. The book is more comical and the journey although grand is a lot more personal and less of the entire world is at stake. And I am glad that it really looks like Jackson is really getting ahold of the books tone in the trailers.

I love the Lord of the Rings but the Hobbit is not the Lord of the Rings and should not be made like such.

I should re-read the book soon. Also need to brush up on LotR appendices.

We have Dr Watson as Bilbo and Sherlock as dragon, doesn't get any better than that.