1 0.71%
  • Oin

0 0%
  • Ori

2 1.43%
Page 37 of 107 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    bump. i want to know too

this will probaly fixed though software interpolation.

I wonder how the 48 frame rate filming will impact on the film along with increased resolution. I suspect it will make some scene appear fake if the CGI if not up to scratch ...

I like all the people who never had seen the movie attacking critique of it coming from people whom have actually seen it. Talk about "feasting off the palm". EA and Activision are spending millions to get such outcome for whatever they release and here it happens free.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"I envy Obama, because he can spy on his own people and get away with it." - Putin

Nice vid, just made the next 7 days even longer. So pumped for my Midnight Imax showing. It's going to be one beautiful night.

Apparently the 48fps option is not being shown in all cinema's see below for a list of cinema's that will be showing The Hobbit in 48 fps.

http://www.48fpsmovies.com/48-fps-theater-list/

So make sure you book it in one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I like all the people who never had seen the movie attacking critique of it coming from people whom have actually seen it. Talk about "feasting off the palm". EA and Activision are spending millions to get such outcome for whatever they release and here it happens free.
    The problem is that the majority of the complaints in the reviews (And it appears why people are giving it bad rating on RT) is purely because of the 48FPS. Which sure, that is what Peter Jackson filmed it in and is the 'Proper' viewing format. But it's absurd when you read a review and they say how they generally thought the movie was good, but then spend a page dissing the 48FPS and hence give it a 'Rotten' Rating. Even if 48FPS is the proper viewing format, PJ is releasing it in 24FPS specifically to give people that option if they cannot adapt to the 48FPS or simply don't enjoy it. So the 48FPS shouldn't be the major reason why they review it so harshly, because there is that Option to watch in 24 or 48.

The main other complaint is that the movie is simply to long and slow. Which frankly strikes me as double standards when people start their review with how much they loved LOTR and the Trilogy is a Classic, but then the next minute try and say that Hobbit was slow and tedious... Like sure I haven't seen the movie yet, but one of the things which make LOTR SO GREAT is that IT IS SLOW. Every movie in the Original Trilogy has so many slow moments, with tons of landscape shots, travelling companions and armies and lots of talking and scenery etc. It was something that made LOTR so iconic and personally I LOVE the fact that PJ draws you into Middle Earth so much that you don't mind the movies being so slow. Just strikes me as very hypocritical and makes me trust the review alot less.

I guess being a massive fanboy I get hyper defensive, but it just seems like the reviewers are being ridiculous. Doesn't really matter in the end, I've watched enough production Videos, Trailers etc to know that this is going to be a fucking amazing movie, no matter what the reviewers say. It just would make me sad if people don't watch it because of a few reviewers grudge against 48FPS and hypocrisy about movie pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    The problem is that the majority of the complaints in the reviews (And it appears why people are giving it bad rating on RT) is purely because of the 48FPS. Which sure, that is what Peter Jackson filmed it in and is the 'Proper' viewing format. But it's absurd when you read a review and they say how they generally thought the movie was good, but then spend a page dissing the 48FPS and hence give it a 'Rotten' Rating. Even if 48FPS is the proper viewing format, PJ is releasing it in 24FPS specifically to give people that option if they cannot adapt to the 48FPS or simply don't enjoy it. So the 48FPS shouldn't be the major reason why they review it so harshly, because there is that Option to watch in 24 or 48.

The main other complaint is that the movie is simply to long and slow. Which frankly strikes me as double standards when people start their review with how much they loved LOTR and the Trilogy is a Classic, but then the next minute try and say that Hobbit was slow and tedious... Like sure I haven't seen the movie yet, but one of the things which make LOTR SO GREAT is that IT IS SLOW. Every movie in the Original Trilogy has so many slow moments, with tons of landscape shots, travelling companions and armies and lots of talking and scenery etc. It was something that made LOTR so iconic and personally I LOVE the fact that PJ draws you into Middle Earth so much that you don't mind the movies being so slow. Just strikes me as very hypocritical and makes me trust the review alot less.

I guess being a massive fanboy I get hyper defensive, but it just seems like the reviewers are being ridiculous. Doesn't really matter in the end, I've watched enough production Videos, Trailers etc to know that this is going to be a fucking amazing movie, no matter what the reviewers say. It just would make me sad if people don't watch it because of a few reviewers grudge against 48FPS and hypocrisy about movie pace.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The WETA miniature at the start of that video is incredible. I will never stop being stupid jealous of their creativity and artistic ability.
    WETA is amazing. So much talent and imagination. I wish I had even a tenth of it. Love their Dr Grordbort stuff too.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-12-07 at 09:21 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Calling them dumb artsy and then say /sarcasm over makes me think you DON'T think they're dumb and artsy.
    You clearly did not get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Apparently the 48fps option is not being shown in all cinema's see below for a list of cinema's that will be showing The Hobbit in 48 fps.

http://www.48fpsmovies.com/48-fps-theater-list/

So make sure you book it in one of those.
    I didn't expect it to be in every theater, but its only in 6 theaters in my entire state. That blows. I don't think I can bring myself to drive over two hours to see it in 48fps.

Hmmm... Not sure if I want to see it in 48fps or 24fps first now.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I didn't expect it to be in every theater, but its only in 6 theaters in my entire state. That blows. I don't think I can bring myself to drive over two hours to see it in 48fps.
    That blows considering in my state there are 6-8 within an hour or so drive of me or less.

Hey I want to buy some tickets for next Friday, but I am having a hard time deciding between IMAX and HDR. I am leaning towards HDR but the complaints are discouraging..

Verdict:

Charming, spectacular, technically audacious… in short, everything you expect from a Peter Jackson movie. A feeling of familiarity does take hold in places, but this is an epically entertaining first course.
    For ultimately The Hobbit is a children’s story. And Jackson et al have done a masterful job of bringing life, depth and impossibly intricate detail to Tolkien’s fantasy world.
    Me likey. Can't wait guys.
    The Most Astounding Fact of the Universe

Invisible flying spaghetti monster in the sky bless America.

The original trilogy of LOTR is a complete masterpiece, and I have no doubt at all that the Hobbit will be nothing short of the same. I can't wait!
    I7 2600k @4.5ghz : 16GB DDR3 : GTX670 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

I'm unfortunately (and fortunately I suppose) not going to see it on release. I won't see it in 3d as I hate the glasses because of headaches they cause me. However, I am incredibly psyched for this movie. I loved the book, and I hope the movie can do it justice.

Whoever you fear, fear me more.

Quote Originally Posted by Oboloz View Post
    Hey I want to buy some tickets for next Friday, but I am having a hard time deciding between IMAX and HDR. I am leaning towards HDR but the complaints are discouraging..
    IMO I would choose Imax. I think the HFR will be good, but it will take time to get used to ... So to have the best opening experience, I'd probs go for that Epic Imax in a Framerate we are familiar with.

Thankfully I don't have to choose HFR/Imax/3D all in one neat package at my Cinema, but I'd trade that for a standard ticket to see it this Friday instead of having to wait till the 26th >.< (Still cursing Australia hahaha)

I'm going to see it 12. December Wednesday, 14.30 (danish time, aka "Central Europa Time"). Got nine tickets, seeing it with my dad, my little sister, and 6 class mates. 3D/HFR.

5 days more, hnnng!
    Belief can become reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I'm going to see it 12. December Wednesday, 14.30 (danish time, aka "Central Europa Time"). Got nine tickets, seeing it with my dad, my little sister, and 6 class mates. 3D/HFR.

5 days more, hnnng!
    DAAAAAAAAMMMNN YOOOOUUUU :P I think I'll have to sneak into this thread once it comes out just to get a preview from you guys who clearly are as keen as me for the films, see what you thought then cut myself off from the internet