• Nori

1 0.65%
  • Oin

0 0%
  • Ori

2 1.30%
Page 69 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i know the trolls are suppose to be stupid, i just dont think they fit with the rest of the film, but apart from that it was excellent.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 05:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    I kinda like the Highway trolls. Pretty close to how i imagined them (Tolkiens drawings looks abit different - but i think he would be pleased with Wetas trolls tbh).
    The Eagles didnt so much rescue the dwarfs to help them as to piss of the varges and orcs wich they hate. They are not friendly animals. They brought the party to the Lord of Eagles nest because he wants to speak with Gandalf.

oh i assumed they used the rock in the film so they could get a good view of the mountain
    Too cool for a signature

Quote Originally Posted by Verazh View Post
    Im guessing its not the extended edition.
    Most likely.

Because we never saw Bilbo viewing the shards of Narsil while in Rivendell, like he did in the trailer. And it doesn't make sense for that scene to be put into another movie.

For someone that hasnt read the book (i will tho but not anytime soon) what can we expect for the 2e movie besides a fight against Smaug.
    |Asus Rampage IV Formula|GeIL 16 GB DDR3-1600 Kit|Intel i7-3930K|EVGA GTX680 Hydro Copper|OCZ VTX4-512G x2|Corsair HX1050|Cosmos II|ASUS Xonar D2X/XDT|Astro A40|Logitech Z-5500|Custom Watercooling System|
    ~ Sta op voor de kampioen! 2013-2014 ~ Friend Code - 4785-6590-2958, Friend Safari "Ghost" - Pumpkaboo, Lampent, ???

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    For someone that hasnt read the book (i will tho but not anytime soon) what can we expect for the 2e movie besides a fight against Smaug.
    A giant woodman, a journey through a dark forest, spiders, elves, a battle against an ancient foe and probably a town on a lake. I'm not sure about Smaug.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Oke so not a fight against smaug then xD
    |Asus Rampage IV Formula|GeIL 16 GB DDR3-1600 Kit|Intel i7-3930K|EVGA GTX680 Hydro Copper|OCZ VTX4-512G x2|Corsair HX1050|Cosmos II|ASUS Xonar D2X/XDT|Astro A40|Logitech Z-5500|Custom Watercooling System|
    ~ Sta op voor de kampioen! 2013-2014 ~ Friend Code - 4785-6590-2958, Friend Safari "Ghost" - Pumpkaboo, Lampent, ???

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Oke so not a fight against smaug then xD
    It may or may not happen in the second. Not so sure yet. With all that is left (because of all the filler, not that it was a bad thing), they truly are barely into the story.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

I hate it when people go; ''lolz radagast so silly like jar jar binks for childs''. When did silly, odd and peculiar become for children?

[QUOTE=Northy;11713266]So, is anyone else as excited for this two part movie event as I am? I'm giddy as a school girl.

What do you mean "two" part?? We all know that, there is 3 parts before they made The Hobbit. Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and The Returne of The King.
    Mötley Crüe, KISS, Guns N` Roses

The more I think about it, the less I actually like the movie, although I still like it and think it's a solid film, I originally thought the movie was a good 8.7ish rating, now I am leaning more toward a 7.

It might have been because my hype for the movie being a Tolkien fan made me think I liked it more than I really did.

I'm not saying I think it's bad, it's no where close to that, it's a very good movie, it just doesn't really hit great for me yet.

I will need to wait and see the other two too see if my opinion changes again, i'm not so sure what caused me to dislike the movie more a couple weeks or so after I saw it (same happened to me after the Dark Knight Rises, Amazing Spider-Man, Brave, and Prometheus)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    A giant woodman, a journey through a dark forest, spiders, elves, a battle against an ancient foe and probably a town on a lake. I'm not sure about Smaug.
    Well, if we're to believe IMDb then Smaug will not be in the third film since he's not credited as such. I'm not sure how accurate these things are, but I accept it for now.

A week ago or so, they released a preview picture from the next movie and it showed Bilbo in a pile of gold looking surprised/scared, so unless Smaug is in both 2nd and 3rd movie they'll face him in the 2nd. For those with FB, check the official Hobbit page :>

Just saw the movie for the fifth time, but the first time with 48 fps. After reading a couple of reviews here I was expecting things to move fast, and I instantly noticed that when Bilbo is looking through his chest for his book he moved faster than before.. and after that it felt like I've always watched it in 48 fps. Nothing distracting/annoying at all. Only thing that I really noticed that changed (apart from what I just mentioned) is that it was much easier to see what happened during action scenes, which can't be anything but a good thing. No idea what critics are on about.
    Black sunglasses with skinny jeans, that's me
    With groovy steps, skinny red, that's me
    All my people on the web (click me)
    All my people on sites (click me)
    singin' lalalalalalala

Saw the film a second time now, in 48fps and I would say it makes a huge difference. The clarity of scenes whenever the camera is moving, or the characters are engaged in flurries of action is infinitely superior to 24fps. The CGI is less noticeable and looks more natural, even the white orc seems to fit in more realistically when everything around him is moving at a higher speed. Yes it does seem odd to watch at first, but I found myself paying attention to individual sword swings and finer details that are normally a blurred mess at 24fps. It's almost shocking to realise just how much is lost at 24fps and that it's been the norm for so so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    A week ago or so, they released a preview picture from the next movie and it showed Bilbo in a pile of gold looking surprised/scared, so unless Smaug is in both 2nd and 3rd movie they'll face him in the 2nd. For those with FB, check the official Hobbit page :>

Just saw the movie for the fifth time, but the first time with 48 fps. After reading a couple of reviews here I was expecting things to move fast, and I instantly noticed that when Bilbo is looking through his chest for his book he moved faster than before.. and after that it felt like I've always watched it in 48 fps. Nothing distracting/annoying at all. Only thing that I really noticed that changed (apart from what I just mentioned) is that it was much easier to see what happened during action scenes, which can't be anything but a good thing. No idea what critics are on about.

i was thinking the 2nd movie will be about smaug, and killing him, and the 3rd movie the battle of the five armies? also, got a link to this poster? :P

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 11:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Saw the film a second time now, in 48fps and I would say it makes a huge difference. The clarity of scenes whenever the camera is moving, or the characters are engaged in flurries of action is infinitely superior to 24fps. The CGI is less noticeable and looks more natural, even the white orc seems to fit in more realistically when everything around him is moving at a higher speed. Yes it does seem odd to watch at first, but I found myself paying attention to individual sword swings and finer details that are normally a blurred mess at 24fps. It's almost shocking to realise just how much is lost at 24fps and that it's been the norm for so so long.
    i really wanted to see it in 48fps, but imax cinemas are pretty rare in the uk unless you're in London. i watched it in 3d, was still pretty cool, always takes me about 20mins to get use to the silly glasses though
    Too cool for a signature

Smaug will die in movie 2.

Leaving the "Battle of 5 armies" and The Necromancer for part 3

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i was thinking the 2nd movie will be about smaug, and killing him, and the 3rd movie the battle of the five armies? also, got a link to this poster? :P
    Aye, that's the impression I've got too. They could maybe finish of the fight with Smaug early in the 3rd movie though, like with the Balrog in The Two Towers. Not sure how they'd manage that, but still. ^^
    FB link to the picture. Or just a screenshot here
    Black sunglasses with skinny jeans, that's me
    With groovy steps, skinny red, that's me
    All my people on the web (click me)
    All my people on sites (click me)
    singin' lalalalalalala

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Aye, that's the impression I've got too. They could maybe finish of the fight with Smaug early in the 3rd movie though, like with the Balrog in The Two Towers. Not sure how they'd manage that, but still. ^^
    FB link to the picture. Or just a screenshot here

im surprised they are bringing out part 2 so quick.

if they dont kill smaug in part 2, i think they will be cramming too much into part 3, and not a lot will happen in part 2. cant wait either way
    Too cool for a signature

Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    Smaug will die in movie 2.

Leaving the "Battle of 5 armies" and The Necromancer for part 3
    Exactly, btw the opening Smaug sequence was badass. Love that they never showed the dragon, just his carnage.
    The Most Astounding Fact of the Universe

Invisible flying spaghetti monster in the sky bless America.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    im surprised they are bringing out part 2 so quick.

if they dont kill smaug in part 2, i think they will be cramming too much into part 3, and not a lot will happen in part 2. cant wait either way
    Hehe, they have probably already shot and made all of part 2 already. When Peter Jackson shot The Lord of the Rings (1-3) they were nearly all done by the time 1 was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Hehe, they have probably already shot and made all of part 2 already. When Peter Jackson shot The Lord of the Rings (1-3) they were nearly all done by the time 1 was done.
    IIRC they WERE all done and they went back to shoot some extended edition stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    If you checked all the behind the movie scenes from the extended Blueray you see they shot from 1999 till 2002 with a few breaks inbetween and in 2003 they went back too new zealand too reshoot some scenes and film some more scenes that didnt fit in quite good when they where busy putting the movie together. so infact when The Two Towers went in premiere The Return Of the King wasnt finished yet.

For example when they shot the scenes for Helmdeep and build the whole fortress they took it down again only too notice they didnt shoot all the scenes right and also missed some scenes so they had to rebuild parts of the fortress again just with haste to get it done before the last movie editing to get it ready for the premiere.
    Last edited by Endonyx; 2012-12-31 at 10:47 AM.