Poll: Dwarf

Page 78 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    He wasn't. However, since LotR, we know that Legolas is the Elven King's son. So it is not a bad idea to include him in the movie.
    Ah right. I guess my memory didn't fail me then! Good to know!
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Why do people care so much about how Smaug looks like? It's just a freaking dragon, I always imagined him looking similar to Deathwing anyway. Seeing him now instead of seeing him in the movie makes zero difference whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    Why do people care so much about how Smaug looks like? It's just a freaking dragon, I always imagined him looking similar to Deathwing anyway. Seeing him now instead of seeing him in the movie makes zero difference whatsoever.
    Smaug is "the dragon", so to speak, a lot of people want him to look good and the scene to be spectacular, I guess they want it to be as good as possible and considers any hint of his appearance before his actual appearance to spoil the scene a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I think people are overplaying the friendly sprit of elves, because everybody who wasn't evil or an orc was overplaying the friendliness in the books. We didn't really get deep down in the books, they all struck me as sort-of serious poets all of them.
    I'm not saying that all elves were friendly. Just that Legolas was. Elrond was too. As for the other elves, as Sam would say : "And I reckon there's Elves and Elves. They're all elvish enough, but they're not all the same." In Rivendell, he says : "And Elves, sir! Elves here, and Elves there! Some like kings, terrible and splendid; and some as merry as children." Jackson has shown us more of the first kind than the second. I would even say only the first kind.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

The reason why Fellowship is the best movie of the three
    lolwat, never heard this in 12 years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    lolwat, never heard this in 12 years.
    Its true tho Fellowship is the best of the Lotr trillogy.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

I liked it the least.

Return of the King for the win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Its true tho Fellowship is the best of the Lotr trillogy.
    Agreed, although few scenes can stand up against Theoden's speech at the Pelennor fields. Goosebumps every time.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Fellowship of the Ring = Small group of adventurers on an epic quest.

Two Towers & Return of the King = Epic war.

An Unexpected Journey & The Desolation of Smaug = Small group of adventurers on an epic quest.

There and Back Again = Epic battle.

Depends on what you prefer. Fellowship of the Ring had a nice feel to it, traveling through the lands of Middle Earth on a great quest. Very excited for The Desolation of Smaug because it has my favorite part of the journey, Mirkwood and Laketown/Smaug.

I guess it's just me.

Hand on Bible, I liked the LOTR movies more than the books.

I guess I simply liked the action more, since I clearly know that my favourite bits are Legolas/Gimli/Aragorn's journey ( Rohan mainly ).

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the Hobbit being a 3 part movie is a good thing, that book needed to be more fleshed out as much as I actually loved it. The entire story of the white orc is a good addition to the story, leaves it from being vague. There is so much you can do with the LOTR world it's insane, maybe not as much as Star Wars but LOTR has so much potential for other things and I wouldn't ask anyone else to make movies on different things than Peter Jackson.
    Hey everyone

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Agreed, although few scenes can stand up against Theoden's speech at the Pelennor fields. Goosebumps every time.
    Actualy the scene i loved most in the return of the king was when aragon was talking too the king of the dead ofc the extended version.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Actualy the scene i loved most in the return of the king was when aragon was talking too the king of the dead ofc the extended version.
    Extended Edition is the only true way to watch Lord of the Rings, or The Hobbit for that matter, once they release it later this month! Will be good to watch that a month before the second part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention all the bonus/behind the scenes material <3
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Extended Edition is the only true way to watch Lord of the Rings, or The Hobbit for that matter, once they release it later this month! Will be good to watch that a month before the second part.
    True, I only watch extended editions of LotR from now on, it's not the same trilogy without them. However, I hear that whereas the LotR extended editions add 30+ mins to each movie, apparently the Unexpected Journey extended edition only adds like 10-15 mins. It's a bit disappointing but I'm still excited.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still haven't seen or heard ANYTHING from Dáin II Ironfoot. IMO he plays a major role in The Hobbit... and I'm really afraid that Peter Jackson will ruin the movie with all this Tauriel and Legolas bullcrap. I've seen enough silly elves already.

But I'm really afraid that Peter will ruin the entire trilogy with Tauriel and Legolas. Legolas didn't appear in the books and Tauriel is just a made up character to make the movies more interesting "WWWOOO GURL POWER YEAHHHH!"

Daín II Ironfoot better show up in The Desolation of Smaug. I mean, he should. He and his dwarven army fought at The Battle of Five armies, and Dáin became king under the mountain after Thorin perished. Anyhow, I'm really looking forward to this movie though. Either it will turn out great, or it will be a dissapointment.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    Hmmm....

I don't remember the Wood Elf King offering to help the dwarves. He imprisoned them. Unsure of what to think about this.
    Iirc, the elf king offered to aid the dwarves after they escaped from the Spiders, but would only do so if the Dwarves agreed to share the profits from recovering their old kingdom. The Dwarves refused and he imprisoned them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    I still haven't seen or heard ANYTHING from Dáin II Ironfoot. IMO he plays a major role in The Hobbit... and I'm really afraid that Peter Jackson will ruin the movie with all this Tauriel and Legolas bullcrap. I've seen enough silly elves already.

But I'm really afraid that Peter will ruin the entire trilogy with Tauriel and Legolas. Legolas didn't appear in the books and Tauriel is just a made up character to make the movies more interesting "WWWOOO GURL POWER YEAHHHH!"

Daín II Ironfoot better show up in The Desolation of Smaug. I mean, he should. He and his dwarven army fought at The Battle of Five armies, and Dáin became king under the mountain after Thorin perished. Anyhow, I'm really looking forward to this movie though. Either it will turn out great, or it will be a dissapointment.
    The third movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    The third movie.
    *sigh*. I knew it. Oh well... I guess the second movie will be all about Tauriel and Legolas. I mean, just take a look at the teaser and main trailer of The Desolation of Smaug. WHOOPDY DOO LEGOLAS IS BACK!!1111!!1 YAY TAURIEL SO HOT GURL POWER111!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating here. I've got the utmost respect for Peter Jackson... but he went a little overboard with all of this Tauriel/Legolas crap.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    *sigh*. I knew it. Oh well... I guess the second movie will be all about Tauriel and Legolas. I mean, just take a look at the teaser and main trailer of The Desolation of Smaug. WHOOPDY DOO LEGOLAS IS BACK!!1111!!1 YAY TAURIEL SO HOT GURL POWER111!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating here. I've got the utmost respect for Peter Jackson... but he went a little overboard with all of this Tauriel/Legolas crap.
    We haven't even seen it. Like, at all. They didn't have a scene in the first movie. They're a subplot to give some depth to the elf side of things for the third film when they team up with the humans against the dwarves.