Poll: Dwarf

Page 2 of 128 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Wow, I'm so excited for this movie now. *Squee*

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or is Martin Freeman as Bilbo one of the greatest castings ever? Besides the fact that I am a huge fan of his, he really does look like a young Ian Holm. I mean come on!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penric View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

First images of the movie..

I cant wait!

I see no resemblance at all.
    /sarcasm
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for the movie it should be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    hehe so much can be blamed on that Arlee :P also it's been kinda under the radar, it's wierd I thought there would be ALOT more buzz than there is.

and that's an funny fact about Bilbo's dad and yeah the cast list is EPIC should be good.
    It's set to release in December,2012. That's like 1.5 years from now, I think we'll wait for the advertising.

I haven't seen Viggo in the cast list, but atleast I've got Orlando Bloom,which is my favourite actor, so it should be fine

\o/

That is all

Okay so it isn't... I'm INCREDIBLY excited over this film. I can't wait!

This movie is going to be amazing!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    It's set to release in December,2012. That's like 1.5 years from now, I think we'll wait for the advertising.

I haven't seen Viggo in the cast list, but atleast I've got Orlando Bloom,which is my favourite actor, so it should be fine
    Pffff... Who needs Aragorn when you have Bard. They are almost the same character. Having Aragorn would overshadow Bard. Besides the fact that The Hobbit takes place more then 60 years before LOTR. Aragorn would not even be born yet. The elves being there makes sense since they live forever. There is also alot that happens behind the scenes involving the elves and it only mentioned in passing in The Hobbit. I have a feeling this is the area Jackson is going to expand upon to make the book into two movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Besides the fact that The Hobbit takes place more then 60 years before LOTR. Aragorn would not even be born yet.
    Aragorn was 87 during LoTR. I'm pretty sure he was at Rivendell during the time period of 'The Hobbit'.

But you're right - Bard rocks.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Gandalf previews the clips in 3D

10+ Year Old Account
    FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
    I really gotta find my example of The Hobbit and actually read it.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

Now I have to wait for this and skyrim? why is my life just one big thing of waiting?
    Ben Kenobi "This isn't the signature you are looking for."

When I was very young, the Hobbit was the first fantasy adventure book I read. It opened me up to a lifelong love of all things Middle-Earth / Medieval Times type of adventure.

Great book and I am very curious to see such a little book turn into a two movie deal. With Jackson at the helm I feel confident it will be epic.

also, that pic of gandlaf wearing the 3d glasses is pro.
    Last edited by Penric; 2011-06-28 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Pffff... Who needs Aragorn when you have Bard. They are almost the same character. Having Aragorn would overshadow Bard. Besides the fact that The Hobbit takes place more then 60 years before LOTR. Aragorn would not even be born yet. The elves being there makes sense since they live forever. There is also alot that happens behind the scenes involving the elves and it only mentioned in passing in The Hobbit. I have a feeling this is the area Jackson is going to expand upon to make the book into two movies.
    ummm... I thought Aragorn was like 90 and he looked younger because of the elven blood in his family tree? o.O

When I was very young, the Hobbit was the first fantasy adventure book I read.
    True story I hated reading until I read The Hobbit and then I immediately devoured the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I still remember my mom saying I wasn't going to like it and wasn't happy about spending money on the book lol.

Also... with Andy being awesome and stuff I am sure Riddles in the Dark is going to be extremely creepy And ahmg when Gandalf saves them from the orcs...and the eagles... and then.. smaug... i wanna know who is going to voice him... gotta be someone epic.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Around 70-90 yeah.
    He's a Numenorian - I'm not sure they have elven blood, simallirion was a pain to read.
    Yea it has been ages since I read that >< I vaguely remember some mention about it though. I also could just be inserting that memory because I love the elves so much

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    He's 87.
    He's a Numenorian - I'm not sure they have elven blood, simallirion was a pain to read.

Numenorian's were granted long life and the kingdom of numenor for their efforts in the war with Morgoth during the first age.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zakayron View Post
    GODDAM THAT GANDALF PICTURE IS CAPTIONABLE!!!!

too bad i am terrible at picture editing
    Someone should post various quotes about a certain animal on it and post it in a certain thread.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqzJ1LFh6x0
    The hobbit, behind the scenes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumduh

There are plenty of ways to share your anger in calm ways that don't include "FUCK YOU SHITCRAWLER," so lets try to keep it civil.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

This movie is going to be amazing. Can't wait to see more photos from production.

Deleted

It's Sci-Fi Gandalf!