Poll: Dwarf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    [video=youtube;MvF8bpowywI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvF8bpowywI[video]

New Youtube stuff!
    I was planning on buying the DVD just before PJ's livestream came online, but.. no stores open on a sunday (that planning!) had it. The newest movie they had was the latest Twilight. If I remember correctly that came out just before The Hobbit.. they should've had it ;_; Ah well, at least we have those 6 minutes, and some blogger kept me up to date throughout the whole thing.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Apparently Sauron is going to appear at the Nattle of the Five Armies. Maybe he teams up with Sir Defiler or something?
    I don't know, it could work. Would make everyone whine about how the whole Necromancer thing was completely filler to make three movies if he wasn't tied into the third movie. Especially when he in the first movie is little more than foreshadowing. Sauron would have an interest in establishing his armies within Erebor.
    That would be awful The whole point of Gandalf leaving them in Mirkwood was to go deal with Sauron, after which he needs to flee to Mordor. Would be cool if they show that confrontation, in addition to the "adventures" of Bilbo and the Dwarves. But if they either don't have Gandalf leave them, or he leaves them but Sauron still shows up at the battle.... it would really mess crap up. I would be sad

15+ Year Old Account
    Ever seen the Stephen colbert show? that guy is a freak when it comes too the whole tolkien mythology he knows everything ask him and he knows.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Yes! I crack up on those episodes so much. There is always a part of me saying "someone has to be telling him the answers, they just have to" but I doubt that is the case. He's crazy.

Did he like the movie? I guess he did, because if he showed distaste of it he couldn't be riding the media for the next two movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    He did not really answer Stephen Colbert though... The other question is that, if he took the different origins of Thranduil and his people into account, then why hasn't it been shown in Fellowship, since Galadriel (Noldor) and Celeborn (Sindar) are also not the same race of elves as the Galadhrim of Lothlorien.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    He did not really answer Stephen Colbert though... The other question is that, if he took the different origins of Thranduil and his people into account, then why hasn't it been shown in Fellowship, since Galadriel (Noldor) and Celeborn (Sindar) are also not the same race of elves as the Galadhrim of Lothlorien.
    You know i could give you a big answer too but that would be too much yes peter jackson did answer stephen colbert and why if he did take the origins of legolas and thranduil in acount this time is beacuse this is the hobbit and not the fellowship of the ring that was 12 years ago and he might not have thought about it back then.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Got my steelbook blu-ray the other day, watching it now. Dwarves have just entered the mountain.

Soon time for Barry Humphries and his ballsy chin to make an appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    You know i could give you a big answer too but that would be too much yes peter jackson did answer stephen colbert and why if he did take the origins of legolas and thranduil in acount this time is beacuse this is the hobbit and not the fellowship of the ring that was 12 years ago and he might not have thought about it back then.
    He said "yes, we did". That's not much of an answer. I would have liked more explanations. Oh well... I will have to wait.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    He said "yes, we did". That's not much of an answer. I would have liked more explanations. Oh well... I will have to wait.
    Ofc he wont fully explain what the difference between the elfs will be then he would spoil too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Yes! I crack up on those episodes so much. There is always a part of me saying "someone has to be telling him the answers, they just have to" but I doubt that is the case. He's crazy.
    If he really knows that much, I'd love to ask him the most fucking obscure lore question I can think of lol. Maybe throw in a trick question like, what ultimately was the fate of Morinehtar and Romestamo?

*Revives the thread*

The teaser trailer to The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug will be released this Tuesday, 10am PST apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're quick! I just saw the news on Facebook. Can't wait for MOAR Hobbit even if it's just a few seconds/minutes!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

The second part seems to have some of the most wonderful bits in it. Smaug, The Necromancer at Dol Guldur, Mirkwood, Laketown, etc. The third movie can only top it off by having the Battle of the Five Armies be the best battle sequence ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. There's so, so many wonderful things from the book taking place in the second movie, the third movie has to be the best ending of a trilogy ever to top it. Assuming this upcoming movie is great, but with the material at hand it sure as hell should be.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

*Revives the thread*

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMVxWzdCcAApVXu.jpg:large

The teaser trailer to The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug will be released this Tuesday, 10am PST apparently.
    December 13th , thats my birthday! Perfect birthday present, also a pretty big holiday around here, St Lucia!
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    What?? The Rankin Bass "The Hobbit" was great. It's actually what made me want to read The Hobbit in the first place when I was a kid. Plus it is extremely faithful to the book.
    Its actually far more faithful to the book than the current movie is. Its a better movie experience as well, I believe it has a better RT score as well.

I'm a huge fan of the lotr trilogy but was very disappointed in the hobbit. For the life of me I cannot understand why they changed Bilbos character from the book. I get the feeling that a script was written by Del toro during the time when PJ was fighting to make the movie and he didn't feel the need to revert the character changes.

I am still looking forward to the next movie but I am nervous about other changes that may be coming.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    For the life of me I cannot understand why they changed Bilbos character from the book.
    In what way was his character changed?

Deleted
    So, just to make sure, the second movie is around Frodo(why the hell did I say Frodo) Bilbo trying to enter the mountain, being on the mountain looking for whatever he's looking(I honestly can't remember what it is if it's something) and that's it or?

I only "read" the book once so I don't remember the things well and I hope the second movie doesn't happen on the mountain only. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    So, just to make sure, the second movie is around Frodo(why the hell did I say Frodo) Bilbo trying to enter the mountain, being on the mountain looking for whatever he's looking(I honestly can't remember what it is if it's something) and that's it or?

I only "read" the book once so I don't remember the things well and I hope the second movie doesn't happen on the mountain only. :/
    They meet Beorn and his animals (Beorn played by a Swede!!), they make their way through Mirkwood and meet the elves, they chill out at Laketown and they go to the mountain to have a little talk with Smaug.

Why the hell did you say Frodo, indeed!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt