1 0.46%
  • Oin

0 0%
  • Ori

2 0.92%
Page 28 of 123 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    While some of them look a little less dwarvish, it's better than the alternative of 13 flavors of Gimli IMO.
    Yea ofcourse i do not want 13 Gimli lookalikes. But they some of them should look more dwarvish. Atleast Thorin. He look more like Captain Hook

I like the Dwarves, they each have personality. Too many beards that all look the same would be lame.

I am really excited about this, and this is going to be the 1st movie to use High Frame Rate, so it should look really pretty.

This movie is goin to be awesome! iv been waiting for a new LoTR Movie to come out since i first saw the 3rd one. cant Wait!!!!

I have mixed feelings about this movie. I'm a big fan of the original trilogy "The Lord of the Rings", and with this one, I almost feel like there is no way possible for it to have near the excitement its predecessor was able to achieve. You already know the ending, and how the ring was destroyed by Frodo. How can it possibly get any better than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquan View Post
    I have mixed feelings about this movie. I'm a big fan of the original trilogy "The Lord of the Rings", and with this one, I almost feel like there is no way possible for it to have near the excitement its predecessor was able to achieve. You already know the ending, and how the ring was destroyed by Frodo. How can it possibly get any better than that?
    Unless you have read the book, you do not know how this story ends. The Hobbit is its own story. It is about 13 dwarves and a hobbit who are journeying to the Lonely Mountain to retake it from the dragon Smaug. The ring only plays a small (well, not so small) part in it. It is only a trinket Bilbo finds that helps him in his role of burglar.

I have my fears. I have heard more negative critic than positive about this upcoming movie. Of course, I'm a huge LotR fan when and will definitely go watch 'The Hobbit'. But maybe that's the problem, LotR is in it's very own category and that's why I'm going to get dissappointed most likely. My expectations are just way too high, there's just no way anyone will pull off anything like LotR in a while. But of course, one can always hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Friyn View Post
    I have my fears. I have heard more negative critic than positive about this upcoming movie. Of course, I'm a huge LotR fan when and will definitely go watch 'The Hobbit'. But maybe that's the problem, LotR is in it's very own category and that's why I'm going to get dissappointed most likely. My expectations are just way too high, there's just no way anyone will pull off anything like LotR in a while. But of course, one can always hope.
    It's always good to go into movies with low expectations because then you enjoy them more. I always have friends that get overly excited for a movie and it ends up being ok or above average. Usually that makes the movie seem much worse than it was as well. I hope my expectations don't get too high, I love lord of the rings and I loved The Hobbit. However when I read The Hobbit for the first time it took me a while to get into it because it isn't like LotR, it's not any worse than LotR either I think people just have this expectation that since the books are in the same universe they are going to be really similar.

All I want to see before the movie is a picture, sketch ANYTHING! of Smaug!

I also dislike half the Dwarves looking like humans.

On the plus side, I like Martin Freeman much, much more as a main actor than Elijah Wood. Looking forward to his performance

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 07:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    All I want to see before the movie is a picture, sketch ANYTHING! of Smaug!
    I'm the opposite, they better not spoil him!!!
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    I liked the song. Not really sure if it is a fitting song for the movie though So different from the Lord of the Rings songs!
    Just so you know book wise the Hobbit is a lot different from the Lord of the Rings. The book is more comical and the journey although grand is a lot more personal and less of the entire world is at stake. And I am glad that it really looks like Jackson is really getting ahold of the books tone in the trailers.

I love the Lord of the Rings but the Hobbit is not the Lord of the Rings and should not be made like such.

We have Dr Watson as Bilbo and Sherlock as dragon, doesn't get any better than that.

Sherlock is an excellent choice for the voice of Smaug, as well as playing "The Necromancer" *MAJOR HOBBIT BASED SPOILERS DONT READ IF YOU'VE NOT READ THE HOBBIT* also knows as Sauron... Am I the only one who is probably MORE excited about seeing Benedict rocking out as Sauron/the Necromancer and fighting Gandalf than about seeing Smaug? We know Smaug will look great, because Peter Jackson + Weta x CGI = EPIC WIN, but seeing two of my favourite actors, locked in epic magical combat? ccoommee ooonn gunna ROCK

omfg I can't WAIT for this film! Seriously gunna be the best part of december!
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Sherlock is an excellent choice for the voice of Smaug, as well as playing "The Necromancer" *MAJOR HOBBIT BASED SPOILERS DONT READ IF YOU'VE NOT READ THE HOBBIT* also knows as Sauron... Am I the only one who is probably MORE excited about seeing Benedict rocking out as Sauron/the Necromancer and fighting Gandalf than about seeing Smaug? We know Smaug will look great, because Peter Jackson + Weta x CGI = EPIC WIN, but seeing two of my favourite actors, locked in epic magical combat? ccoommee ooonn gunna ROCK

omfg I can't WAIT for this film! Seriously gunna be the best part of december!
    I agree, I'm astounded that MMOChamps forums aren't abuzz over this movie. I'm giddy like a school-girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I agree, I'm astounded that MMOChamps forums aren't abuzz over this movie. I'm giddy like a school-girl.
    it comes in waves , there was alot of buzz when the trailer came out, but it's died down since, no doubt when the trailer start popping up on TV, and the release dates get closers we'll see people talkin again. Not to mention once the film is actually OUT we'll have people in here complain it's wasn't as good as Return of the King
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

I've still super excited. Release day is my birthday, and I think Les Miserables was supposed to debute around then too!
    Good time of the year.

Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.

I am listening to the Soundtrack right now, and it is simply amazing. I am literally getting goosebumps.

Really looking forward to these movies!