Poll: Dwarf

Page 28 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sherlock is an excellent choice for the voice of Smaug, as well as playing "The Necromancer" *MAJOR HOBBIT BASED SPOILERS DONT READ IF YOU'VE NOT READ THE HOBBIT* also knows as Sauron... Am I the only one who is probably MORE excited about seeing Benedict rocking out as Sauron/the Necromancer and fighting Gandalf than about seeing Smaug? We know Smaug will look great, because Peter Jackson + Weta x CGI = EPIC WIN, but seeing two of my favourite actors, locked in epic magical combat? ccoommee ooonn gunna ROCK

omfg I can't WAIT for this film! Seriously gunna be the best part of december!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Sherlock is an excellent choice for the voice of Smaug, as well as playing "The Necromancer" *MAJOR HOBBIT BASED SPOILERS DONT READ IF YOU'VE NOT READ THE HOBBIT* also knows as Sauron... Am I the only one who is probably MORE excited about seeing Benedict rocking out as Sauron/the Necromancer and fighting Gandalf than about seeing Smaug? We know Smaug will look great, because Peter Jackson + Weta x CGI = EPIC WIN, but seeing two of my favourite actors, locked in epic magical combat? ccoommee ooonn gunna ROCK

omfg I can't WAIT for this film! Seriously gunna be the best part of december!
    I agree, I'm astounded that MMOChamps forums aren't abuzz over this movie. I'm giddy like a school-girl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I agree, I'm astounded that MMOChamps forums aren't abuzz over this movie. I'm giddy like a school-girl.
    it comes in waves , there was alot of buzz when the trailer came out, but it's died down since, no doubt when the trailer start popping up on TV, and the release dates get closers we'll see people talkin again. Not to mention once the film is actually OUT we'll have people in here complain it's wasn't as good as Return of the King

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Last production video is now up here: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97340

You can find the rest of the production videos/trailers/tv spots here: http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=40304

You can find the song here: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...miere-20121112

I am listening to the Soundtrack right now, and it is simply amazing. I am literally getting goosebumps.

Really looking forward to these movies!

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I am listening to the Soundtrack right now, and it is simply amazing. I am literally getting goosebumps.
    How are you doing so?

also knows as Sauron... Am I the only one who is probably MORE excited about seeing Benedict rocking out as Sauron/the Necromancer and fighting Gandalf than about seeing Smaug?
    WTF????

I truly hope that's just rumours because if that'd be true then it'd be major derp of epic propotions. The entire shift of Faramir's persona would pale in comparison and be a tiny peck.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I truly hope that's just rumours because if that'd be true then it'd be major derp of epic propotions. The entire shift of Faramir's persona would pale in comparison and be a tiny peck.
    Even if you didn't read the book it would be pretty clear, once they started to show more of the necromancer, who he really is. Makes perfect sense I think at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Even if you didn't read the book it would be pretty clear, once they started to show more of the necromancer, who he really is. Makes perfect sense I think at least.
    I know who Necromancer is, that is perfectly clear. It's the implied (by poster) fight thing with the other dude that is absolutely retarded if that is to be true.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    I want to watch to the hobbit as bad as I want to watch Les miserables, it is gonna be a good christmas this year!

15+ Year Old Account
    I know who Necromancer is, that is perfectly clear. It's the implied (by poster) fight thing with the other dude that is absolutely retarded if that is to be true.
    Well, gandalf was imprisoned by the necromancer and barely managed to escape. Did you think that all happened peacefully and without a fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Well, gandalf was imprisoned by the necromancer and barely managed to escape. Did you think that all happened peacefully and without a fight?
    Last time I read LotR there was no mention of him being imprisoned there. There was hovewer mention how he willingly went in to get the map of Erebor from dying Thráin, Thorin's father. "Only I have ever ventured into the dark tower of Sauron and even then his lesser lair in Dol Guldur, when he was called Necromancer" (Not word to word quote)

Later then by the order of the White Council the fortress was assaulted and Sauron escaped (Well, he returned to Barad Dur at the time). There has never, ever been mention of Gandalf fighting Sauron and closest to it was in the book Two Towers in the chapter Palantir where he said along the lines of "I am not yet ready to face the Dark Lord and I doubt I ever will be". And at that time he was boosted to White power level (Derp) already.

It's simply not plausible.

Smaug probably gonna be the most impresive CGI use in history of cinema, I frickin expect the costs of making him reach something like 25 million USD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope sorry, no rumours, you can even *possibly* catch a glimpse of it in the trailer, ~1:58

going black text for the rest: While this fight isn't explicitly shown in the Hobbit, it IS referenced to. At one point Gandlaf leaves Thorin and his company to 'Attend to other business' which is the White Council's Assault on Dol Guldir, to confront the Necromancer. It seems this is being expanded on in the movie, to put in a bit more 'action' and will probably be used as the climax to the first movie

Nope sorry, no rumours, you can even *possibly* catch a glimpse of it in the trailer, ~1:58

going black text for the rest: While this fight isn't explicitly shown in the Hobbit, it IS referenced to. At one point Gandlaf leaves Thorin and his company to 'Attend to other business' which is the White Council's Assault on Dol Guldir, to confront the Necromancer. It seems this is being expanded on in the movie, to put in a bit more 'action' and will probably be used as the climax to the first movie
    Confront can mean anything in this context (Even just making two armies face each others) and considering his later speeches in LotR (As pointed out in previous post) it is fairly obvious he never ever went face to face with Necromancer. It would even go against Jackson's own in movie lore as Sauron in LotR movie was said to have no physical form after losing ring.

In any case, if they add some sort of Sauron - Gandalf duel, it will be retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Confront can mean anything in this context (Even just making two armies face each others) and considering his later speeches in LotR (As pointed out in previous post) it is fairly obvious he never ever went face to face with Necromancer. It would even go against Jackson's own in movie lore as Sauron in LotR movie was said to have no physical form after losing ring.

In any case, if they add some sort of Sauron - Gandalf duel, it will be retarded.
    No one implied a duel between Sauron and Gandalf. However, there will be a battle between Sauron's forces in Dol Guldur and Gandlaf forces (White Council). In a way, it will be a fight between Sauron and Gandalf. When Sauron will feel cornered, he will retreat to Barad Dur. I agree with you though, a real duel between Sauron and Gandalf would go against the story, book and movie alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    No one implied a duel between Sauron and Gandalf. However, there will be a battle between Sauron's forces in Dol Guldur and Gandlaf forces (White Council). In a way, it will be a fight between Sauron and Gandalf. When Sauron will feel cornered, he will retreat to Barad Dur. I agree with you though, a real duel between Sauron and Gandalf would go against the story, book and movie alike.
    But that's what he specifically implied at, even linked the trailer with certain speculative scene he thinks is THAT event.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they include how bilbo tricks gollum with the riddles i don't care what else they include.

10+ Year Old Account
    But that's what he specifically implied at, even linked the trailer with certain speculative scene he thinks is THAT event.
    I see that now... I doubt that's the Necromancer though, since I've read that Cumberbatch will play the Necromancer through motion capture. This is not motion capture, but a costumed man. It looks like some undead dwarf. A reanimated Thrain, perhaps? Or just crazy and emaciated?