10+ Year Old Account

Question Are epic gems coming in 4.2 patch?

Are epic gems coming in 4.2 patch?
    Any news / guesses about them?
    Will current JC tokens remain and will be a currency to buy new recipes / raw gems ?
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

Short answer, no !

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Deleted
    afaik there r no epic gems yet, prolly maybe in 4.3

Deleted
    Long answer: Nooooooooo

Deleted
    Blizzard hasn't released any information about epic gems being available in 4.2 as of yet.

Who knows though..still some time to go but I doubt we'll see epic gems until the last raid content of this xpac is out.

No, we would have known by now if they would.
    They might change their mind, since its not that hard to implement but its unlikely at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Meatgrinder View Post
    Long answer: Nooooooooo
    heh...this made me chuckle

Deleted
    In WotLK (and TBC, if my memory serves me right) they introduced epic gems in the third tier of raiding, I think its safe to assume this expansion will be the same.

History has shwon that Blizzard releases epic gems in the middle of a new expansion. If it follows the same pattern as TBC and Cata, Epic gems will hit the market in 4.3.

---------- Post added 2011-06-02 at 04:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lkalen View Post
    In WotLK (and TBC, if my memory serves me right) they introduced epic gems in the third tier of raiding, I think its safe to assume this expansion will be the same.

you are correct.

i think it would make more sense for the epic gems to come out with deathwings expansion - because blizzard releases only 2 types of gems - the mediocre ones(blueish this xp) and then for the final raid they release the epic ones.

Epic gems came out in 3rd tier of content in TBC Hyjal/BT
    Epic gems came out in 3rd tier of content in WOLK Totc
    Epic gems will probably come out in 3rd tier of content in Cata patch 4.3....

theres your long and most logical answer.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    i think it would make more sense for the epic gems to come out with deathwings expansion - because blizzard releases only 2 types of gems - the mediocre ones(blueish this xp) and then for the final raid they release the epic ones.
    Not really. You want mediocre, it's called green gems. The ones you normally just use for dailies and making into blue gems/meta gems? Those are the mediocre cuts.

We will see Epic gems for T13 (War of the Ancients if I recall right). 2 tiers of blue, 2 tiers of epic.

Actually, if they are primarily only from the WotA raid (like they were in Hyjal during TBC) I would laugh. Would make all the Pyrite-hoarders look like fools in the end :P

Quote Originally Posted by DotDotDot View Post
    Epic gems came out in 3rd tier of content in TBC Hyjal/BT
    Epic gems came out in 3rd tier of content in WOLK Totc
    Epic gems will probably come out in 3rd tier of content in Cata patch 4.3....

theres your long and most logical answer.
    mmhmm Logic, does a mind good.
    LFG is like a playground. the idea is great but retarded kids ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato View Post
    Is it bad that I think that Draenei fan art is really hot?
    fap fap fap
    What?

10+ Year Old Account
    The easy answer is no, the real answer is yes. We'll probably see some teaser epic gems before patch 4.3 similar to the stormjewels during Patch 3.2. Keep in mind that patch 4.2 is actually more like patch 3.1 than it was 3.2, since Blizzard removed the raiding content from 4.1 and pushed it into 4.2. We might not see a mass availability of epic gems until patch 4.4, who knows. Keep an eye out though

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    Blizzard hasn't released any information about epic gems being available in 4.2 as of yet.

Who knows though..still some time to go but I doubt we'll see epic gems until the last raid content of this xpac is out.
    If I remember correctly, this is how its been in most expansions, Black Temple/Sunwell and Ulduar/Icecrown, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Short answer, no !
    Thank you.

All others, flooders & flamers =)
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез