Heroic Maloriak P2 Kiting

I've killed this boss 8 times now and it still drives me crazy every time. Last night was no exception with multiple magma jets turning and casting on me even after waiting about halfway through the cast bar before moving. At this point I'm looking to hear some answers from anyone who has perfected a good method for the kiting. I've seen some videos where they barely move the boss at all and was hoping to hear some movement patterns used for this. I know there will always be only 3 fire trails present at once so a kite pattern around that is something I've pondered instead of the usual walk around the wall method. It feels like from week to week his RNG for spinning during the middle of the cast changes.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I usually make my movement just as he does his physical emote where he sticks his hand in the air. That always seems to work for me at least.

Is that on heroic, because he casts almost back to back at times in comparison to the leisurely stroll I could take with him on normal.

Deleted
    Thread title says heroic...

I believe our tank turns him at the very moment the magma jets cast finishes, he has been doing that for all our hc kills and it worked out fine.

Yeah, on heroic he's casting magma jets pretty much back to back. At the start of the phase when he's casting release all minions, I just park my back against the cauldron and have him facing away from the room entrance. Then I just sidestep to the left slightly every time he casts magma jets. Just keep going to your left with your back to the wall, around the room until he's down.

You don't even have to move very much out of the magma jets. I do most of my moving in that phase when I'm keep myself and the melee away from spawning orbs.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barawr View Post
    Is that on heroic, because he casts almost back to back at times in comparison to the leisurely stroll I could take with him on normal.
    Ah sorry, I havn't had enough coffee this morning and my reading skills are suffering. =p

I'm on add duty for him on heroic mode, so I'm not entirely sure.

In the last 2-3 weeks, our tank has started noticing issues where he'll be in the middle of his cast and he'll turn anyways. Someone said they'd heard that things like Curse of Tongues can do that to him. It's completely possible that something in our raid comp changed to cause the bug to come to light recently where your raid has had it all along. Don't know if any of that helps... but I do believe he is somewhat broken in that regard.

Well at least someone else acknowledges it. It is a complete pain in the ass when you have a perfect attempt and then his turn while casting turns it into chaos. I was quite impressed with this jet kiting strategy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPOCZHqHdCw, but I'm not sure if it's still valid since it dates back to December. At this point I'm just trying to find a way to down this now farm content while avoiding this bug as much as possible.

That strategy should be effective still. It looks somewhat like some preemptive Marrowgar tank work. =)

My suggestion if you're not interested in changing it completely is that you call for a cooldown here and there as the cast comes up. We had the bug crop up last night, but the tank barely survived and I'm not sure he had any cooldowns at all, so with one, you'll be fine. The healers can pick it up for a second to keep you up while you take the hit. Honestly, there is not really a point where a tank desperately needs a cd in the final phase, so I wouldn't think that a problem.