changing battery types

heyoall,

im currently using a dell battery 56Wh lithium battery(not sure if its called lithium, nvm), and I am wondering can I change to a 7800mAh/87Wh? They are the same voltage - 11.1V. also i looked it up(the one I want to buy) on amazon and it has this strange thing on the side ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battery-Dell...7022025&sr=8-3 , that longish black thing) and im not sure if it will fit? (rest of the battery seems the same, jsut that strange...part).

also it is for a dell studio 1555, basically everything is the same but the mAh/Wh, aka this one should last longer, correct?

thanks in advance!

Well, yes it would last longer but make sure it will actually fit. I'm not sure why there is a difference between the 6 cell and 9 cell layout but just take yours out and make sure it looks the same. You can upgrade to 9-cell batteries, but obviously it must fit.

from what I see on amazon its exactly the same, BUT for that weird looking *part* at the bottom -_-

this one: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...lackthing.jpg/

rest is the same 1:1, also it says it fits exactly the studio 1555, which I have, anyone changed batteries lately ?
    Last edited by klaps_05; 2011-06-02 at 03:01 PM.

Deleted
    Larger capacity batteries will always extend out slighty out of the casing. This is normal.
    (Maybe I should place an order myself, since the one in mine is currently sitting at 32% chargable capacity)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    Larger capacity batteries will always extend out slighty out of the casing. This is normal.
    (Maybe I should place an order myself, since the one in mine is currently sitting at 32% chargable capacity)
    Confirmed!
    Jamshield - Silvermoon EU

Also im wondering, how long does one of these batteries last for? I mean having ventrillo and wow turned on and on a "Balanced power plan"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Also im wondering, how long does one of these batteries last for? I mean having ventrillo and wow turned on and on a "Balanced power plan"?
    For that you have to check up on the specific laptop. But typically you'll not last more than an an hour or so when running games.

Power draw (and therefore battery length) varies widely from machine to machine and from configuration to configuration. But it should basically be original battery + 50%.