Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Heroic Chim 10, Disc Necisary?

How essential is disc to heroic chim 10 man? I know it is amazing for p2 just to sit back and bubble everything, but our raid comp is Holy Pally, Disc Priest and Resto Shaman..., which is kinda bufuing us. I'd love to go back to holy, I like it a lot more, and I can actually help AoE heal, but then I couldn't bubble bot p2...(Unless I went some odd spec). Our current problem is tanks dying, but we had a healer doing the wrong job(wtf why were all of us healing the slime targets... /glare at shaman). Thought? Strats?

1 healer for tanks, 2 healers for each group...If someone dies then the responsibility belongs to the healer of that group, plain and simple.

our healing setup is hpriest (me ) rshammy and rdruid , i heal the off tank (he tank the feud and doubles attacks ) as holy ( idk as disc) u can heal double attack just with PoM .in feud x2 flash heal and gheal to top the tank and heal the raid too. tanks change positions after feuds. after they change position the off tank will have 4 or more break , so u need to top the tank for double attack and he need to use a CD (divine protection/barking/shield block/bone shield) , and after that u can heal just with PoM .u should heal the off tank in double attacks just with pom and the pally in hael the tank in feuds so u can heal raid

and every1 stay at 6yard in the healing rain , is awesome pmuch with healing rain and coh after smiles = ez mode.
    Last edited by Nyne; 2011-06-02 at 04:13 PM.

We run Shaman, Paladin, and priest for this fight... and I prefer holy.

No reason to bubble the raid in P2. Feel free to bubble people that enter the phase with low health... but you're really just padding the meters and wasting dps time if you put bubbles on people who are near full health.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylanthus View Post
    We run Shaman, Paladin, and priest for this fight... and I prefer holy.

No reason to bubble the raid in P2. Feel free to bubble people that enter the phase with low health... but you're really just padding the meters and wasting dps time if you put bubbles on people who are near full health.
    Alright, I was under the impression that if you don't have a bubble spammer, it was impossible or some crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    Alright, I was under the impression that if you don't have a bubble spammer, it was impossible or some crap.
    Far from it. You only really need the disc shields if you have terrible dps, people that don't use cooldowns to manipulate threat, cooldowns to stay alive and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Our current problem is tanks dying..."

How is your group handling tank damage? Are you having a melee DPS help taunt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madam View Post
    "Our current problem is tanks dying..."

How is your group handling tank damage? Are you having a melee DPS help taunt?
    Two tanks and dps 'tanks', 1 tank does all double attacks, the other tank and the dps alternate breaks and the two tanks alternate feuds. I was getting to the point tho, if I moved or healed the raid, the tank, break or DA or feud, whoever was getting attacked, died. So I'm hessidant tho go holy and help AoE heal a bit more, if the holy pally can't even keep the tanks up. I'll have to try the PoM thing for DA, it didn't seem to be working for me, but maybe my Disc PoM wasnt healing for 9,999 or something.

As other posters have mentioned, the 2 Tanks, and one DPS (plate wearer) tank strat worked very well when my guild first got him down, but prior to that, we found running with only 2 tanks was doable, so long as we didn't get RNG'd to shit and had double/triple fued phases in a row.

As for healing, a Disc priest isn't a requirement, although it would surely help in p2 once healing is useless, but shields still absorb the 2k ticks coming from neffy. We didn't have a disc priest at the time, so we just had to time our transition correctly, so it was after a massacre giving healers time to top everyone up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by devboy View Post
    As other posters have mentioned, the 2 Tanks, and one DPS (plate wearer) tank strat worked very well when my guild first got him down, but prior to that, we found running with only 2 tanks was doable, so long as we didn't get RNG'd to shit and had double/triple fued phases in a row.

As for healing, a Disc priest isn't a requirement, although it would surely help in p2 once healing is useless, but shields still absorb the 2k ticks coming from neffy. We didn't have a disc priest at the time, so we just had to time our transition correctly, so it was after a massacre giving healers time to top everyone up.
    Indeed, one thing that will help greatly is, while we were timing our transitions, disc cant put out the burst healing holy can, so by the time we pushed him, we only got the raid up like half way, so shields were needed. As holy though, I can do much higher AoE healing, so that obv gives a much bigger health buffer from Nef.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did Heroic Chim (10) with Holy Priest, Holy Pala and Resto Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    No. But you do want to transition into phase 2 with everyone having full health.

Barrier is ridiculously good as well, during Feud and I'm pretty sure it works during phase 2 as well... but it is by no means required.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Yeah, What disc does is give you a buffer if you fail at triggering P2 w/ everyone @ full health. However, if you execute the timing of your big healing CDs to get everyone to full as soon as P2 triggers, then Disc bubbling just isn't necessary, assuming your raid's flatfooted DPS is at least at the minimum bench mark.

Deleted
    Transition to P2 is what is important. Start P2 with the raid full life and there's absolutely no need for a bubble bot.
    That being said, fail the transition by pushing P2 just after a Massacre and having a bubble bot at hand may save the kill.

Also, for the "tank dying" problem. Have the healers pre-cast a greater heal before the massacres. Rotate wings/loh and things like that can help too.
    Last edited by mmoc4a1158ae20; 2011-06-02 at 07:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    Yeah, What disc does is give you a buffer if you fail at triggering P2 w/ everyone @ full health. However, if you execute the timing of your big healing CDs to get everyone to full as soon as P2 triggers, then Disc bubbling just isn't necessary, assuming your raid's flatfooted DPS is at least at the minimum bench mark.
    ^

I prefer holy for 10M Chim and instead of spamming bubbles in P2 you're just alternating less absorbent bubbles with smite or whatever. Disc is definitely not necessary for this fight.

Disc priest is pretty useless in p1, and in 10m p2 is ridiculous easy, if you top off everyone before going into the phase he should be down before the second tank dies, in 50% of all cases and even in our first heroic kill nobody died - but that of course depends on avoid luck on the tank.

15+ Year Old Account
    We do it with holy pally, 2x resto druid. Disc is not necessary.
    "And then, as though awoken from a blind stupor,the people of the internet realised that: no one gives a damn.
    And no damns were given." - Calon, MMO-Champion (source)

The biggest thing is the healer thats healing the tanks after the feud, he doesn't have to stack up right away. Being the holy paladin in our group, I can stay there for 5 seconds or so topping off our tank and then holy radiance and help heal the raid. I know our holy priest covers most caustics with imp renew and I toss out holy shock on CD. Just have lay on hands, Guardian spirit, spirit link totem rotations ready for the tanks if need be.

Also with a r.shaman, he should have healing rain down 100% of the time and in 10 man, we fit at least 6 people into it and he'll end the fight with 20k+ HPS easily.

Use all the tools you have and it's a easy encounter.

As for the spec, both work well But I think Holy is better if your set up. More tank support for GS and the shaman will go oom on the raid alone.

go holy, love life, just at about 23% after a massacre spam heal the raid up and go into p2, gs the tank thats about to die, let the dps tank die and brez him

Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    Transition to P2 is what is important. Start P2 with the raid full life and there's absolutely no need for a bubble bot.
    That being said, fail the transition by pushing P2 just after a Massacre and having a bubble bot at hand may save the kill.

Also, for the "tank dying" problem. Have the healers pre-cast a greater heal before the massacres. Rotate wings/loh and things like that can help too.
    This.

Also, you have restoshaman. Let him do all the slimes and you can have two healers on tanks, especially when Feud starts, which is probably the only problematic thing.