Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

maloriak hard dark adds

hello! my guild recently started trying maloriak, and we seam to have a bit of problems.

1 thing, the adds in dark phase dont seam to die in time. there is allways 1 alive at start of first red/blue phase for some reason.

atm we are single targetting them, but we arent sure if we should aoe. seams a bit silly for just 5 mobs. how does your guild handle it?

Single target the first one. AoE the hell out of the rest. Pretty simple. You can also have a single set of release abberations go out just to get AoE'd down with them.

Deleted
    What's your raid setup?
    Are you 10 or 25?
    We run with a Demo lock, Marksmanship Hunter, Arcane Mage, Combat Rogue and Frost Death Knight for DPS and a Protection Warrior to pick up the adds as they have the strongest AoE.
    We have no problems at all AoEing them down, just avoid the black pools and if there is one left at the end, the tank can take care of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You want to AoE, or at least cleave. Switch single target dps to the highest health ones to keep AoE damage high, unless the puddles are a real problem for you. Really want them dead by the phase change. I think when we were attempting it we were too heavy on dps the last attempt we did, and pushed him over about a phase or two too early, but yeah It's easy if you can handle the dark phase imo.

Deleted
    you know, pulling some abberations might be a good idea, we seam to have problems getting them killed in the green phases when there are 9
    gonna suggest it

also as for our raid setup:

we got a MM hunter, arcane mage, destro lock, fury warrior and enhancement shaman normally.

you are going to want your hunter to go sv, and your mage to go fire, adds will die fast then
    Sky
    Lightning's Blade - Milk and Honey

That should be more than enough to do some serious AoE. Have the MM hunter chamber Rapid Fire/Readiness for the Black Adds, having Rapid Fire up makes Multi-Shot spam that much more awesome.

We let a group of abberations spawn before dark phase starts. We then aoe everything while keeping them moving out of black stuff. The group of abberations makes the rest of the fight alot easier on the add tank.

Deleted
    Also, its not that bad thing if theyre not dead as soon as new phase begins. Theres still plently of time kill em, since it doesnt require too much boss dps. (We always have boss at around 40% when second dark phase begins)

Deleted
    im the hunter and allready saving my CDs for adds but ive been single targeting, seams to do more dps that way, but ill try some for aoeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Azxkin View Post
    you are going to want your hunter to go sv, and your mage to go fire, adds will die fast then
    not needed at all surv aoe is behind mm aoe
    "Do not fear the darkness, but welcome its embrace."
    ~Ezio Auditore Da Firenze
    "Killing you won't bring my family back. I'm done. Nulla e reale; tutto e lecito. Requiescat in pace."
    ~Ezio Auditore Da Firenze

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Single target the first one. AoE the hell out of the rest. Pretty simple. You can also have a single set of release abberations go out just to get AoE'd down with them.
    This is what our guild does on 25m.

We use a warrior tank for picking the adds up and kiting them around.

Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    What's your raid setup?
    Are you 10 or 25?
    We run with a Demo lock, Marksmanship Hunter, Arcane Mage, Combat Rogue and Frost Death Knight for DPS and a Protection Warrior to pick up the adds as they have the strongest AoE.
    We have no problems at all AoEing them down, just avoid the black pools and if there is one left at the end, the tank can take care of it.
    Another class to add is boomkin, I am topping damage meters on the fight fairly often by multidotting adds and chaining mushroom explosions. And I don't even do as well on the boss as other people. Being in a solar eclipse for the entire black phase is crazy.

Also yes, it is good to release one set of aberrations to get them out of the way, because the swills aren't affected by the growth catalyst (if anyone is wondering).
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2011-06-02 at 07:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezio Auditore Da Firenze View Post
    not needed at all surv aoe is behind mm aoe
    Strictly speaking, Surv is higher still, but not by nearly as large of a margin anymore. The sacrifice you give to single target DPS as Survival is what really makes it not worth switching to for fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    That should be more than enough to do some serious AoE. Have the MM hunter chamber Rapid Fire/Readiness for the Black Adds, having Rapid Fire up makes Multi-Shot spam that much more awesome.
    This ^^ I stay MM and blow 2 rapid fires per dark phase, two more in the final phase. It's great. With RF up, multi shot spam is insane.

Log from our kill last night, I did 31.4k.... http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3850&e=4448

To the hunter that said they are single targeting dark adds.... no. Stop that.

In our 10M runs we use a protection warrior to pick up all the adds (aoe taunt doesn't affect maloriak btw) and he starts tanking them away from maloriak while staying out of black sludges. We do the everyone aoe strat with a spriest/MM hunter/boomkin/rogue or frost dk and the adds seem to consistently die about 5 seconds before the blue/red phase starts. The most important mechanic to factor in during black phase is that if you have melee dps, make them dps in front of the sludges, on top of the tank, so that they aren't trapped when ooze comes out (and thus lowering dps time since they have to run around to keep dpsing).

You have a warlock going destro? Have him go demo. They can easily pull 100k+ DPS AoE on the adds.

Feral druid tank on slimes is win, berserk = 60k dps burst on each round of slimes for about 15 seconds. Got me ranked 3rd on World of Logs feral tank damage for maloriak even though I'm the add kiter, if only our DK could kite the adds I'd be first =D
    Druidjezus' Law: "As the length of any online discussion increases, the probability that [insert any topic here] will be mentioned approaches 1, duh."
    I am the Druid Jesus, and I approve of this message.

Usually we mark one with a skull which is a focus. But in general AOE is very effective.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah aoe helps a lot. On my warrior (arms) I generally thunder clap once, while I'm still on mal, to spread rend on them all, then stay on him for ~8-10 so I don't pull threat as fast, then I charge, tclap again, sweeping strikes, deadly calm, and go nuts on one of them, with cleaves thrown in. I keep TClapping on cd, and after my cd's are over I pop my trinket and bladestorm, which generally kills most of them or gets them under ~10 percent, after which I just spam execute and finish them all off quickly. Its a very fun fight as a warrior :P.

MM hunters have room rapid-fire / ready to add the black, with a rapid fire up, so that multiple shooting junk mail, more awesome....