Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Everyone is forgetting the best EVER striker Ronaldo (and not cristiano)
    Ain't no chuch when you're living in the wild

  2. #42
    Epic! Tearor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Դժոխք
    Posts
    1,641
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaBigBird View Post
    Everyone is forgetting the best EVER striker Ronaldo (and not cristiano)
    He was in a team already.
    No point mentioning these bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

  3. #43
    Got my dad to help on this one :P cos he plays too much Football Manager
    and we got 2 Danish players in the team


    GK - Schmeichel
    LB - Maldini
    CB - Moore
    CB - Beckenbauer
    RB - Cafu
    DM - Roy Keane
    CM - Zinedine Zidane
    CM - Michael Laudrup
    AMR: Messi
    AML: Maradona
    ST: - Pele

  4. #44
    Only picked players I actually saw play, pele etc might have been awesome back in their time but compared to nowadays they're a joke. My list consists of players ( when they were in their prime ) who would still be the best in the current condition of the game.


    -----------------Schmeichel--------------------
    ------------------------------------------------
    ---------Baresi----Maldini-----R.Carlos---------
    ------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------
    C.Ronaldo---Zidane---Scholes---Ronaldinho------
    -------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------
    ------------------Messi----------------------
    ------------Ronaldo-----Nilis------------------

    Yea 3-4-3 couldn't think of a 4th name worthy next to the other 3 Backs.

    Scholes, most underrated player ever that's why I put him in, otherwise I guess I'd pick Rivaldo.

    Putting Nilis in is sort of a joke but then again it's not, great player that made football a feast to watch back in his PSV days with Ronaldo & Van Nistelrooy, one of the best finishers ever.

    Stats :

    1986-1994 Anderlecht 224 Matches - 127 Goals
    1994-2000 PSV 164 Matches - 110 Goals
    2000 Aston Villa 3 Matches - 1 Goal and then the horrible horrible injury that ended his career


    Edit: Forgot Cafu ofcourse, so playing with 4 backs he would be one of them.
    Last edited by Vrykolas; 2011-06-14 at 12:13 PM.

  5. #45
    Dreadlord Devourer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    780
    surprinsingly no one's listed an unnamed Man Utd player who's been making headlines these past weeks, quite a shocker

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Devourer View Post
    surprinsingly no one's listed an unnamed Man Utd player who's been making headlines these past weeks, quite a shocker

    Cos i don't believe Phil Jones is even close to proving he deserves to be there....

    And i'd be too afraid Giggsy would be too busy shagging anything with P&P!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

  7. #47
    Any team that had these 4 players in would surely dominate. One for each role, the rest of the team could be built around them.
    Almunia Eboue Denilson Bendtner

    As you can tell, I'm an Arsenal fan dissappointed with the last few seasons

    This is a little offtopic, but oh well
    I'm getting my fifa11 fixed tomorrow (tilted xbox broke it), and I've been thinking of starting a new season as Arsenal, but selling the players that are likely to go this summer, and then trying to rebuild the team. I'll get rid of Fabregas, Nasri, Denilson, Squillaci, Bendtner, Clichy and Almunia, then bolster the squad with good replacements. Replacing Fabregas will be hard, especially since I don't want to just go out and buy straight up world class players (I like to play a little more realistically) so I'd probably get a player to fill his role who won't be quite as good, but then use the extra money to buy another good player, possibly in another area. I'll most likely replace Nasri with Ozil, since they seem like copies of eachother in game, only difference being their feet (right/left) and since Arsenal don't have a Left footed attacking midfielder, it'll work well.

  8. #48

  9. #49
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    37
    Currently:

    ---------------------Casillas--------------------

    --Ramos------Ferdinand-------Vidic-------Evra--

    ----------------------Xavi----------------------

    -------Sneijder------------------Iniesta---------

    --Messi--------------------------------Ronaldo--

    ------------------Rooney-----------------------








    edit: iniesta and sneijder were on the wrong sides, it matters!!
    Last edited by Bohs; 2011-06-15 at 12:13 AM.

  10. #50
    Wayne Rooney
    Bechamm
    david Villa
    gerrard
    iniesta
    kaka
    cole
    _________________
    Download The Art of Getting By movie

  11. #51
    Dreadlord Devourer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    780
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Cos i don't believe Phil Jones is even close to proving he deserves to be there....

    And i'd be too afraid Giggsy would be too busy shagging anything with P&P!
    yet you can't deny ( neither can I as a liverpool fan ) that he's been amazing for united during his career, credit where it's due

    ---------------------Casillas--------------------

    --Ramos------Ferdinand-------Vidic-------Evra--

    ----------------------Xavi----------------------

    -------Sneijder------------------Iniesta---------

    --Messi--------------------------------Ronaldo--

    ------------------Rooney-----------------------
    Evra ? Sergio Ramos ? Ferdinand ?

    Players such as Eden Hazard, Gareth Bale, Alexi Sanchez and Lavezzi were rock solid this season and you're listing Evra ?
    Last edited by Devourer; 2011-06-15 at 09:52 AM.

  12. #52
    -----------------God--------------------
    ------------------------------------------------
    ---------Robotcop----Terminator-----Ironman-----
    ------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------
    ---John McClane---Rambo---Wolverine------
    -------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------
    ------------------Superman----------------------
    --------Darth Vader-----Bruce Lee-------------

  13. #53
    Glad to learn sth. about football team from you.

  14. #54
    ALL-TIME

    GK: Thomas Ravelli

    Defense:
    Left side: Ashley Cole
    Center: Sol Campbell and Beckenbaur
    Right: Roberto Carlos

    Midfielder:
    Beckham, Zidane, Iniesta , Xavi


    Forward:
    Ronaldo (Brazil), Messi

    2011

    GK: Neuer

    Defense:
    Left side: Maicon
    Center: Vidic, Pique
    Right: Dani Alves

    Midfielder:
    Modric, Xavi, Iniesta, Bale


    Forward:
    Messi, Ronaldo


    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    LOL Nerd.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Devourer View Post
    yet you can't deny ( neither can I as a liverpool fan ) that he's been amazing for united during his career, credit where it's due


    No denial on this front, but in terms of the actual player i don't believe he's as good as either Beckham or David Cooper who i picked, Becks has him in shooting & vision, Cooper had him in crossing & strength - class player no doubt about it, but for the way i'd like the team to play not the right fit.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

  16. #56
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Norwich, England.
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffe View Post
    -----------------God--------------------
    ------------------------------------------------
    ---------Robotcop----Terminator-----Ironman-----
    ------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------
    ---John McClane---Rambo---Wolverine------
    -------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------
    ------------------Superman----------------------
    --------Darth Vader-----Bruce Lee-------------

    That's a good solid back line, with some aggression in midfield with a quick, nimble attack centered around the big target man Vader.

    Good call.



    All-time list:

    ________________ G. Banks

    Cafu _____Baresi _______B. Moore _______Maldini

    ____________
    Beckenbauer

    _______ Pele _____________ B. Charlton

    Jairzinho ______ Ronaldo (Brazilian) ____ J. Cruyff


    Greatest of all time, in my opinion. Messi will most likely take over from Jairzinho eventually, if he can continue what he's doing for a few more years.
    Last edited by Baggers; 2011-06-15 at 12:45 PM.
    DwarfPaladinBaggers
    Ravencrest - EU

  17. #57
    Surely though you'd have been better putting Jesus in, God's good and all, but Jesus Saves if you buy into the signs/t-shirts/material!!!

    Oh and i think i'd have went with Yoda up front too - "Jedi" mind trick ftw!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

  18. #58
    Dreadlord Devourer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    780
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    No denial on this front, but in terms of the actual player i don't believe he's as good as either Beckham or David Cooper who i picked, Becks has him in shooting & vision, Cooper had him in crossing & strength - class player no doubt about it, but for the way i'd like the team to play not the right fit.
    I've seen your team and it was pretty ok but ... David Villa ? Fowler in his youth was three times the forward Villa is today; he's a very odd name in an otherwise pretty balanced team. But then there's also Messi whom I can't see playing in a 4-4-2, not with Pele upfront at least.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Devourer View Post
    I've seen your team and it was pretty ok but ... David Villa ? Fowler in his youth was three times the forward Villa is today; he's a very odd name in an otherwise pretty balanced team. But then there's also Messi whom I can't see playing in a 4-4-2, not with Pele upfront at least.
    It's kinda like Brasil's theory on defenders - they're there, they're called defenders, but really they're just forwards who're too bloody lazy to run up and down the park all day, whoever's within 30 yards of goal in that team is likely either having a crack or passing to someone in a better position to do so.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Devourer View Post

    Evra ? Sergio Ramos ? Ferdinand ?

    Players such as Eden Hazard, Gareth Bale, Alexi Sanchez and Lavezzi were rock solid this season and you're listing Evra ?
    Hazard, Bale & Sanchez are wingers, Lavezzi a nr10 ... sure Bale could pull it off but it's not his best position, rest of them are pure offensively minded players.

    If I'd have to fill the spots in his team with the players you mentioned it would be :

    Bale for Iniesta
    Hazard for Ronaldo
    Sanchez for Messi
    Lavezzi for Rooney

    Yea .. seems a bit silly doesn't it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    It's kinda like Brasil's theory on defenders - they're there, they're called defenders, but really they're just forwards who're too bloody lazy to run up and down the park all day, whoever's within 30 yards of goal in that team is likely either having a crack or passing to someone in a better position to do so.
    I wouldn't say that, just look at Maicon, Alves, R.Carlos, Marcelo they always make their miles/kms
    Last edited by Vrykolas; 2011-06-16 at 10:21 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •