Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I was merely pointing out the fact that there are new players who deserve to be named here but .. be it your way, I can easily replace Evra with Glen Johnson , Ferdinand with Mamadou Sakho and Sergio Ramos with Ledley King or Rob Jones ( had his career not been plagued by injuries ).

Deleted
    Posting players in the time when i watched alot of football.

Goal : Vitor Baia
    Def : Fernando Couto, Jaap Stam, Lilian Thuram, Alessandro Nesta
    Mid : Zinedine Zidane, Pavel Nedved, Edgar Davids
    Off : Gabriel Batistuta, Roberto Baggio, Hristo Stoichkov

All time favourite player : Batistuta (Batigol)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brader View Post
    Alessandro Nesta
    F##k that's a great call, I'd somehow forgotten all about him.

surprinsingly no one's listed an unnamed Man Utd player who's been making headlines these past weeks, quite a shocker
    Page 1. We've not had many people suggest 4-4-2 setups tho, he doesn't fit in a 3 strong mid. What's more funny is the number of people playing Beckham on the left.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2011-06-18 at 01:56 AM.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    F##k that's a great call, I'd somehow forgotten all about him.

Page 1. We've not had many people suggest 4-4-2 setups tho, he doesn't fit in a 3 strong mid. What's more funny is the number of people playing Beckham on the left.

There's been absolutely no one who's put Becks on the left, what are you talking about ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devourer View Post
    I was merely pointing out the fact that there are new players who deserve to be named here but .. be it your way, I can easily replace Evra with Glen Johnson , Ferdinand with Mamadou Sakho and Sergio Ramos with Ledley King or Rob Jones ( had his career not been plagued by injuries ).
    Firstly Evra and Johnson play on opposite sides... also Johnson was dropped during the season for a youngster, that is how bad his form is. If anything i was choosing between Evra and Ashley Cole at left back.

Ledley King is also a CB and no way would i play him at RB. Choosing my RB was the hardest part of my team, but unfortunately i dont rate the brazilians Maicon and Daniel Alves defensive abilities, but thats just my personal opinion, and so i went with what i considered a solid option.

Ferdinand and Vidic are a perfect defensive combination, they contrast each other so well. Why I should break that up by choosing some young defender who has only proved himself in the French league?? And why sakho rather than say Pique who is much more proven at a much higher stage?

Bale had a good first half of the season but has done little else. He was in Rafael's pocket for the whole Man Utd game.

Hazard is a quality youngster but is unproven at the top stages and cannot claim a spot in the "best 11 in the world" surely.

Sanchez is also a quality player, but to replace Ronaldo or Messi with him? Eh, no.

Lavezzi might be a good player in your eyes, but 9 goals in 30 games last season? Rooney is just a player I love and thought would fit in nicely. Not had a great season but he is still proven quality at all stages. A personal choice that one.

All in all the title is "your dream football team", I've got a different opinion to you, why attack it? I doubt there are any highly dubious selections in my team which stand out blatantly as if I'm trolling....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohs View Post
    Firstly Evra and Johnson play on opposite sides... also Johnson was dropped during the season for a youngster, that is how bad his form is. If anything i was choosing between Evra and Ashley Cole at left back.

Ledley King is also a CB and no way would i play him at RB. Choosing my RB was the hardest part of my team, but unfortunately i dont rate the brazilians Maicon and Daniel Alves defensive abilities, but thats just my personal opinion, and so i went with what i considered a solid option.

Ferdinand and Vidic are a perfect defensive combination, they contrast each other so well. Why I should break that up by choosing some young defender who has only proved himself in the French league?? And why sakho rather than say Pique who is much more proven at a much higher stage?

Bale had a good first half of the season but has done little else. He was in Rafael's pocket for the whole Man Utd game.

Hazard is a quality youngster but is unproven at the top stages and cannot claim a spot in the "best 11 in the world" surely.

Sanchez is also a quality player, but to replace Ronaldo or Messi with him? Eh, no.

Lavezzi might be a good player in your eyes, but 9 goals in 30 games last season? Rooney is just a player I love and thought would fit in nicely. Not had a great season but he is still proven quality at all stages. A personal choice that one.

All in all the title is "your dream football team", I've got a different opinion to you, why attack it? I doubt there are any highly dubious selections in my team which stand out blatantly as if I'm trolling....
    When exactly was Johnson dropped out of the team ? Flanagan/Robinson have been covering his position because he was injured during the past months. Moreover he's been used on both left and right sides by Dalglish.

Ferdinand and Vidic are not a perfect defensive combo, not at all. Both of them lack in speed and intelligence and I've seen enough Man Utd games to justify that. Emlyn Hughes was the perfect defender .. but you've probably never seen Liverpool play in the 70s. You could say the same about Hyypia and you could also call me biased but there's no doubt that both Hughes and Hyypia have been much much better than Ferdinand and Vidic albeit playing at a 30year difference.

I'm not going to go any further with this discussion, as you've said the title clearly says "your dream football team".

Deleted
    My dream team?
    2 Wardancers with stripball,pro,catch and sprint
    1Treeman
    2 catchers with leap, block and pro
    2 throwers, with 1 having kick,leader and pro and the other having sure hands and pro
    +a load of linemen with block and guard to soak the damage

....What, aren't we talking about Blood Bowl here?

GK - Casillas
    D - Alves - Vidic - Pique - Evra
    M - C.Ronaldo - Cambiasso - Khedira - Messi
    F - Eto'o - Ibrahimovic

and my all time team

GK - Khan
    D - Cafu - Cannavaro - Hierro - R.Carlos
    M - Figo - Zidane - Beckham
    F - Ronaldo - Henry - Van Nistelrooy

and one more forward - Shevchenko, another one - Totti
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2011-06-18 at 08:36 PM.

Deleted
    The only decent topic left on this forum and it's dropping off the first page because of bloody fitness threads.

Deleted
    im going to list players who play today. Too many good players that have retired.

Neuer
    Alves Vidic Pique Evra
    Sanchez Sneijder Scholes Ronaldo
    Rooney Hernandez/Higuain/Suarez

Not listing any Barcelona players others than Alves and Pique because i want players who can stand up

GK: Pepe Reina
    LB: Roberto Carlos RB: Danny Alves CB: Sami Hyypia CB: Beckenbauer
    CM: Gerrard + Redknapp
    RM: McManaman LM:Messi
    CF: Kenny Dalglish + Klinsmann

10+ Year Old Account
    There's been absolutely no one who's put Becks on the left, what are you talking about ?
    Quote Originally Posted by iHeal View Post
    Defense:
    Left side: Ashley Cole
    Center: Sol Campbell and Beckenbaur
    Right: Roberto Carlos

Midfielder:
    Beckham, Zidane, Iniesta , Xavi

Forward:
    Ronaldo (Brazil), Messi
    Pretty sure that puts Becks on the left.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post

Pretty sure that puts Becks on the left.
    There's only been one person, what's so funny about that ?

Deleted
    Current players:

Casillas

Daniel Alves ; David Luiz ; Gerrard Piqué ; Fábio Coentrão

Khedira ; Busquets

Cristiano Ronaldo ; Messi ; Özil

David Villa

Subs: Neuer (GK), Ricardo Carvalho, John Terry (D), Gareth Bale, Sneijder (M), Pato (S)

Would love to see this team, "young" and pretty good.

Deleted
    Humm, just from my (limited) footie experience since circa 1995:

GK: Schmeichel

LB: Roberto Carlos
    CBs: A constantly fit Ledley King + Jaap Staam
    RB: Cafu

LW: Gareth Bale
    CM: Iniesta
    CM: Scholes and Gerrard to fight it out.
    RW: Christiano Ronaldo

FW: Eric Cantona
    ST: Chubster Ronaldo

Subs Bench: Ian Walker, Sol Campbell, Ruel Fox, David Ginola, Darren Anderton, Jurgen Klinsmann, Teddy Sheringham

(Might have just ousted myself as a spurs fan there...)

Deleted
    Assuming this is since forever:
    GK: Schmeichel/Banks can't decide
    LB: P. Maldini
    CB: Beckenbauer
    CB: Bobby Moore
    RB: Cafu

LM: Francisco Gento
    CM: Cruyff
    CM: Alfredo di Stefano
    RM: Garrincha

CF: Pele
    CF: Maradona

Prefer 4-3-3 but couldn't think of a whole awesome team to go around 4-3-3 so went for that^^

EDIT: For subs bench:
    Henry, Bergkamp, Van Persie, Adams, Campbell, Viera and Seaman.
    Screw Tottenham
    Last edited by mmoc131ddbc8f4; 2011-06-26 at 12:06 PM.

Deleted
    I couldn't find a more appropriate thread nor could I start a new one given the small amount of football fans on this forum, but here goes:

Tomislav Ivić has sadly passed away 2 days ago, top man and top manager. R.I.P ynwa

----------------------------------Clemence-------------------------------

--Neal-----------------Hansen-----------------Hughes------------Kennedy-

---Callaghan-----------Souness---------------Gerrard--------------Barnes-

-------------------------Dalglish--------------Rush------------------------

easy
    It seems you're a KOP~ I'm, too~Glad to meet you.

Deleted
    may eleven times messi on the court?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Im sorry, only a liverpool fan would put Glen Friggin johnson on the left instead of evra.

Glen Johnson is one of the most hated england players because he is pure garbage. Sure evra didnt have the best season, but hey he won the league, was in a F.A cup semi, played in the champions league final....what did glen johnson do last season?

Oh btw im not a Man U fan. im stritckly speaking as an England fan. Id put Micah Richards at right back before Glen Johnson when we continue our Euro qualifications in September, as a matter of fact id still try n tempt Gary neville out of retirement to replace Glen Johnson. Glen johnson is as bad as garreth Barry. Im actually quite shocked your defending glen johnson. Even liverpool fans at my work agree he is utter s**t.
    Batiatus: What would you do to hold your wife again, to feel the warmth of her skin, to taste her lips, would you kill?
    Spartacus: Whoever stood between us.
    Batiatus: How many men? A hundred, A thousand?
    Spartacus: I would kill them all.