Thread: Ui Question

Deleted

Ui Question

Since i am gearing my priest for healing i need to know if there is way to heal with grid in a easy way? I want to be able to click on the players to heal them and not be able to use keybindings etc. Like in healbot. Or do i actually need to use keybindings/mouseover macros for it?

And which ui package is the best for healing in your opinion? Would want some choices. I know its all up to me but since i am kinda new to healing on classes i want every help i can get so i want a clean and nice ui for it. Since i hate theese cludderly and shitty ones that has so many boxes etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aumi View Post
    Since i am gearing my priest for healing i need to know if there is way to heal with grid in a easy way? I want to be able to click on the players to heal them and not be able to use keybindings etc. Like in healbot. Or do i actually need to use keybindings/mouseover macros for it?
    There's an add-on called Clique that does that. I've heard good things about it, but don't use it myself.

I don't use a UI package. I made my UI myself and it isn't the most pretty but it does exactly what I expect it to do.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a grid/clique user. I formally used HealBot when I started healing back in BC, but Clique Grid is the standard among a lot of healers. Once installed, clique gives you a tab in your spell book, you can open it and assign different mouse/keyboard combos to all of your spells.

Clique+Grid is a very nice combo to use. Vuhdo also can do the same job (but as one addon). I've used both, and it's really just up to personal preference for set up. Vuhdo takes up a bit more total memory, but it also has a cleaner look and more distinct configurations. Both can be customized for click healing very easily.

If you want a minimalist, small healing UI, I'd go with Grid+Clique. You can do a lot with it once you get customizing, and it can be very powerful. It's also less of a tax on your computer if you have high addon memory.

If you want something with more distinctive markings and can split up around your screen (by roles, parties, pets), then Vuhdo might be it. It can be made into a small pane like grid, but it's most useful when you take advantage of all the visuals it provides. It does take up more memory though.

Grid/clique and vuhdo like people have said it. Personally I'd say mouseovers are better but that's just me.

I use Clique and the Bliz bars. I have the 5 man bars set to raid, small energy bars big health with deficit listed. I made them almost 2x the size. If your new to healing you may find this easier. I have used grid in the past and found it a pain to set up, but if your already set-up the way you want, just get clique.

Also if your used to keybinds you may find it easy/easier to use mousover macros as keRmis said.

Grid/Clique is the way to go. You can do everything you'd need to every hit with 3 keys (shft-ctrl-alt) and 3 buttons on the mouse. Any combination of the keys and a mouse button allows for 7 combination's for each mouse button for an easy 21 combo's. Much easier than setting up 21 different key binds for mouseovers (imho). But I know lots of people use either clique or keybinds, and both are used very successfully.

I'd say Grid/Clique is the easiest way.. it's easy to setup aswell

Deleted
    Grid + Clique is awesome, I am healing like this on my heroic raiding paladin. It's absolutely amazing, I have tried mouseover macros but it just doesn't feel the same, also you can 1 hand heal heroics and easy shit with your mouse-hand only(Awesome when you're eating/drinking or just cba to use your left hand).. I have a modified version of LUI that works great for healing, since I am doing 10 mans only I have my grid/setup around 10 mans, would be easy to modify for 25 man..
    Here is a screeny:

I can fill you in on the stuff I did if you want, or any other help configuring stuff, just throw me a PM.

EDIT: I love how I blured out all the names.. But still forgot the obvious Grid. Oh well I suppose it would have ruined the purpose of the screenshot if Grid was not there, somehow, I think!