Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Renard117 View Post
    It's clearly Bill Gates trolololing since he's already experienced everything money can buy.
    Lmao, i can imagine bill gates at his desk
    "IM A TROLLIN YOUSS SONY!"

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    Two completely separate sectors? Incidents are completely unrelated other then the fact it's under the same Sony name. Unless we're going to just pretend PSN and Sony Pictures is the same thing.
    Well, actually 3 Sony companies were hacked. SOE was hacked not long after the PSN was. Stop pretending this is all completely unrelated. Sony's security team is horribly incompetent all-around, in every division. That much is clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    So there are cases where even I hate both sides...

God the hackers sound like the internet version of a terrorist who will harm people who have nothing to do with it to prove a point. And Sony for having such poor security.

Quote Originally Posted by blackangel209 View Post
    Well, actually 3 Sony companies were hacked. SOE was hacked not long after the PSN was. Stop pretending this is all completely unrelated.
    Theres nothing to pretend. Is there issues with Sony's defenses? Yes. But to sit here and try and relate what goes on with PSN to Sony Pictures is just retarded. It's not a third hacking to the exact same place. It's not Sony being unable to fix things after they happen. It's separate places that sucked in the first place.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's sad to see about half of the posters here if not more are nothing but asshats who cheer the hackers.

Hacker's should not be praised if they are comprimising the security of others over the internet.

This is how you know, that humanity has slowly lost its moral standard.

Such a shame.

This could happen to anyone, sony is just specifically being targeted as punishment.

They pissed off the wrong people, and it isn't surprising.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by justlols View Post
    It's sad to see about half of the posters here if not more are nothing but asshats who cheer the hackers.

Hacker's should not be praised if they are comprimising the security of others over the internet.

Such a shame.
    It's really not a reflection of humanity so much as a reflection of just the Internet kiddie community and fanboy land. The average person isn't sitting here wetting themselves in glee. Just the spiteful "We know everything" crowd the roams the 'net.

Two completely separate sectors? Incidents are completely unrelated other then the fact it's under the same Sony name. Unless we're going to just pretend PSN and Sony Pictures is the same thing.
    Its sony thats suing Gehoff and not PSN thats doing it, so it does make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by justlols View Post

Such a shame.
    Yeah like the moral standard of slavery-- oh wait
    Maybe the moral standard of forcing people to kill other people for our amusement -- Oh oops

Humanity has always sucked. It hasn't lost anything lately. It just has better tools nowadays.
    And in fact, it is getting better on the whole. Albeit slightly.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

probably some Xbox 360 fanboy kids trying to prove a point by hacking sony.

Quote Originally Posted by Minka View Post
    And why they do it? Not really funny : ( and also I don't know why is everyone finding it funny if someone hacks other persons, it's harming Sony and their customers. Maybe your wow account needs to get hacked that all of you who found it funny feels that it's not, and btw EVERYTHING ONLINE IS NOT SAVE : ).
    You can just hack everything so nothing really hard or special what they are doing 100% security in internet, never.
    WoW accounts been hacked, still find this hilarious. Don't know what you're even trying to get at with that statement. We're laughing at the incompetence of the company.

Wait, I thought they improved the security system?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhustle View Post
    The improved the security in another area. For the millionth time in three pages, this isn't the same area as the previous issues.

Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    So there are cases where even I hate both sides...

God the hackers sound like the internet version of a terrorist who will harm people who have nothing to do with it to prove a point. And Sony for having such poor security.
    Not exactly. Their goals for this attack are pretty obvious. Selling e-mails and personal information to advertisers is very lucrative. That doesn't make it right though.

Honestly, there's only 3 things "funny" about this and not one of them is "lol@Sony for failing at security."

1. People who have no experience with network security at all actually think fixing a problem like this is easy
    2. People think that Microsoft's or Nintendo's networks are any more secure (which can't be proven unless the same group of people attacks them as well and fails)
    3. People are actually applauding cyber terrorists for attacking a company simply because they chose to sue someone for breaking a TOS that they agreed to

People bashing Sony need to stop being idiots.

PS I'd love to see any of you people saying Sony is incompetent do a better job. Please, go tell Sony how they should fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhustle View Post
    They put their security systems IN The dumpsters, rather than just next to the dumpsters outside their building.
    EDIT: And i'm just poking fun, the people who hacked sony are just evil and should go away, (what i think of every hacker)
    stealing peoples emails and, personal information pisses me off, considering some friends of mine have been having problems with it since the hack.
    i saw some people in another thread saying that people deserve their info stolen for siding with sony, which is stupid. just because they like a certain company better doesn't mean you can justify them being hacked. console wars (sorry for getting a li'l off topic. time for bed )
    Last edited by Hunterpower; 2011-06-03 at 06:08 AM.

I don't really take sides on this issue other than: it's awesome/cute/funny/rofl/cool when Sony gets hacked and personal info is taken... until your identity gets fucked over for it, and you can't buy a house or car in the future because your credit is fucked... right? Grow up.

Second of all: I own all the consoles. They all have their ups and downs, but I will always say one thing about M$, i.e.- Apple2.... Proprietary shit. I can't put anything in or onto my Xbox that wasn't explicitly made or licensed by M$ to do so. Whereas Sony allowed poeple to install any OS they chose, or Hard drive for that matter, and tinker around with the hardware, and use Open Source shit to recustomize it. The thing I find interesting is that this would be most optimal for Hackers, and everyone seems to be supporting them by sayin "Yeah! Glad I got a 360!" Well, no shit, why would anyone want to bother with something that you can't modify anything in without bricking? Like I said, they all have their strong and weak points.... but I think the "I'm so glad I have a 360 not POS PS3!" is just a very lame copout excuse for saying "I couldn't come up with the extra $ so I have a 360, but now I pay the extra $ out in M$ only parts and supplies."

Sony got hacked again, so what? Sony doesn't run the wealthiest software distribution company in the world (M$) so of course they don't have the beefed up security. It's like saying "Zomg, someone just robbed the neighbor's lemonade stand!" instead of "Zomg, someone just broke into Wells Fargo database and hacked all the information on half the world economy!"

Nothing will come of it really, I imagine Sony will line the right pockets, and someone will pay, somewhere. At least they compensate people for a free service they receive, most likely if it happened to the 360 or any M$ service you would be compensated for your time lost that you paid for and that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

We recently broke into SonyPictures.com and compromised over 1,000,000 users' personal information, including passwords, email addresses, home addresses, dates of birth, and all Sony opt-in data associated with their accounts. Among other things, we also compromised all admin details of Sony Pictures (including passwords) along with 75,000 "music codes" and 3.5 million "music coupons".

Due to a lack of resource on our part (The Lulz Boat needs additional funding!) we were unable to fully copy all of this information, however we have samples for you in our files to prove its authenticity. In theory we could have taken every last bit of information, but it would have taken several more weeks.

Our goal here is not to come across as master hackers, hence what we're about to reveal: SonyPictures.com was owned by a very simple SQL injection, one of the most primitive and common vulnerabilities, as we should all know by now. From a single injection, we accessed EVERYTHING. Why do you put such faith in a company that allows itself to become open to these simple attacks?

What's worse is that every bit of data we took wasn't encrypted. Sony stored over 1,000,000 passwords of its customers in plaintext, which means it's just a matter of taking it. This is disgraceful and insecure: they were asking for it.
    I don't support hackers in any shape or form but both sony and this hacker group should be sued.. Hackers for making information they got public and sony for their horrible incompetence.

i have a PS3 i never use it for online i like the games thay have better than 360 i dont see the how if the server is down how this efficets my ps3 games o no now i cant enjoy the sound of kids over a mic. 360 game are very few9the exclusives) and are all most ALL FPS not my cup of tea but w/e. i just dont under stand how not having online = shitty games, 360 fan will say any thing to make the 360 seem cooler i swear. The ceo of sony could get sick and every 360 fan would be like o see he cant even keep him self from getting sick that proves how lazy and stupid sony is hr hr hr.

10+ Year Old Account
    The worse part about this is that as reported by the hacker team, the guys at sony "protected" their client's data so poorly that a simple SQL injection was enough to access it, plus nothing was encripted.. (any computer nerd as myself lurking this forum will know what im talking about).

It's just like they're asking to be roughtly violated by a sequoia, in terms of data security..