Win32/OnLineGames.KK

So I turned my computer on after getting home from work this afternoon, merrily browsing my google reader account of which mmo-champ is one of my feeds. I click on the latest news item which opens up mmo-champ in a new tab, and after about 30 seconds Microsoft Security Essentials pops up saying it's detected Win32/OnLineGames.KK which is listed as a key logger. Anyone else had this pop up in the last couple of days?

No, but it is what it says it is. Format to be safe, or just run a bunch of cleaners in safe mode and hope it goes away. There's instructions on removal from most websites that are "supposed" to get rid of it.

Deleted
    Not as of yet no. But MMO champion also isn't allowed to run any plugins or Javascript (nor am I running Firefox which has had a very large collection of exploits the last few years) - so attack angle is very small.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2011-06-03 at 06:44 AM.

MSE cleaned it up without any hassle, I was mainly curious to see if anyone else had been nailed from it. I'm running the Chrome beta channel with addblock on, wonder how it got in.

Because chrome doesn't have the required API to truly block scripts and such. Things like Notscript and whatnot for Chrome only stop the scripts/ads from displaying. On Firefox, they don't even get downloaded if you have them blocked with NoScript or AdBlockPlus
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    Because chrome doesn't have the required API to truly block scripts and such. Things like Notscript and whatnot for Chrome only stop the scripts/ads from displaying. On Firefox, they don't even get downloaded if you have them blocked with NoScript or AdBlockPlus
    This.

Chrome still loads ads and javascript, it just hides them. Firefox prevents them from being downloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    Oh true, so guess it was prob a flash drive by then, don't think anything else can really get out of the Chrome sandbox can it?