Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I was hoping someone would upload the demo onto like a torrent site by now, so the rest of us could try it. Haven't found anything yet.

Deleted
    I hope I wont breach any forum rules for positing it but it's a demo ... so...

*** link removed *** - I got it working but ...
    Last edited by mmoc50091b4062; 2011-06-04 at 11:18 AM.

Cool, but I found it on a torrent site. That will help others though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard there's a toilet scene but I don't want to know any more spoilers really

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I've played the demo too, took me 12-14mins to finish it....
    What can I say is that it's a total disappointment, only 2 weapons? why?, aim down the sights? why? health regen named Ego? why? where's the Duke humor? nowhere... (maybe I've lost my sense of humor but I doubt that), the RPG now has a homing missile? why? where's the classic Duke stuff I've been used to?
    The engine as I've heard is a modified version of Unreal Engine 3.0 but to me still looks like Doom3 plastic shit all around, too bad they couldn't get out more of the UE 3.0 engine....
    Also it's 100% scripted...in a bad way
    Overall it's not Duke, it's something else, just another "6.5 score" shooter on IGN website... (imo)
    Last edited by sys01; 2011-06-04 at 11:40 AM.
    | i9 10850K | RTX 3080 Ti Aorus | Z490 Aorus Ultra G2 | Corsair 32GB DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Seagate BarraCuda 6TB | Corsair HX1000W Platinum | Cooler Master H500M

Deleted
    You guys do know that this was the PAX demo shown last year right? I enjoyed the demo and a year of polishing will make it the duke we know.

The biggest problems are the 2 weapon limit and regenerating "Health". Those things are not duke nukem, which is a bit disappointing. I hope they care enough to change that.

Honestly as far as I know, the 2 weapon limit, and regenerating health are still in the game. They can't change it at this point, the game's gone gold. They might make a patch in like a month or something allowing all weapons but I doubt it. More likely then not, someone will have a script you can overwrite in the game files to allow carrying all weapons. Or at the very least within a week after release, a mod will be out that allows the same thing. Probably a few weeks after that at most someone will mod in the old health system as well. All will be well, except for the console kids.

To be fair, its not even his health, it's his EGO! The Demo was cool, I will definately be pre-ordering, it was to short, and the 2 weapons does suck, i did run out of ammo atleast once in the demo.... oh and the driving the monster truck needed a little work, but i guess it is an FPS not a driver.

If the demo configurations and gameplay mechanics go live Duke will be a big disappointment, if you can call it Duke in the first place.

Deleted
    OK. After playing the demo left right and center, exploring to the max everything what was given in it I have to say big disappointment. To be completely fair and with the knowledge that nostalgia can polish the shit sparkling shine I went through the trouble of finding out and running old Duke... and I spend last few hours playing it like a happy kid. Just shitloads of fun! So so so sorry that the new version is not even close. Ye, maybe console kids will love it just because they don't really know where this game comes from but for old timers? cry.

Here is the file I prepared for all those people who want to take a look at the real Duke:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O033GZ59

It could be complicated for people who never done a thing in old DOS so I did set all up and configured to start the game automatically. Follow these steps to run it:

1. Download and unpack the folder to C:\
    2. Go to C:\Duke3d folder and run DOSBox.exe as Administrator
    3. Press ALT+ENTER to go full screen.
    4. Enjoy!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabatius View Post
    OK. After playing the demo left right and center, exploring to the max everything what was given in it I have to say big disappointment. To be completely fair and with the knowledge that nostalgia can polish the shit sparkling shine I went through the trouble of finding out and running old Duke... and I spend last few hours playing it like a happy kid. Just shitloads of fun! So so so sorry that the new version is not even close. Ye, maybe console kids will love it just because they don't really know where this game comes from but for old timers? cry.

Here is the file I prepared for all those people who want to take a look at the real Duke:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O033GZ59

It could be complicated for people who never done a thing in old DOS so I did set all up and configured to start the game automatically. Follow these steps to run it:

1. Download and unpack the folder to C:\
    2. Go to C:\Duke3d folder and run DOSBox.exe as Administrator
    3. Press ALT+ENTER to go full screen.
    4. Enjoy!
    ...or just buy it from GoG.com, tailored to work with modern systems:
    http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/duke_...atomic_edition

I downloaded the demo and (since I'm not part of their first-access-special-happy-fun-time club) a crack, played through that. Didn't care for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a HUGE mistake in having only 2 weapons carrying system, Duke Nukem is NOT about realistic game play or any of that shit, Duke Nukem is about kicking some ass and blowing up pig aliens and tits, and bubble gum can´t forget the bubble gum.

And where the hell is the awesome kick?
    Last edited by Torched; 2011-06-05 at 09:50 PM.