I'm fairly certain most of the languages in game have entire alphabets. Bethesda is nothing if not thorough.

lvl 32 kitty kat. he's a mixture of destruction and one handed and conjuring and heavy armor. he's all over the place. having fun though going at my own pace. i just leveled up pickpocketing enough to get the 100 pound carry increase. every time i finish a quest though somehow i end up with 3 more. my quest log is huge and i cant seem to shrink it down any 8-(

im gonna try to get through every single quest though if it kills me. least its something fun to do in between canceling wow because it sucks ever since ghost crawler took over and buying star wars hoping to see all my old guildies again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I now got a problem logging into skyrim. The skyrim launcher continously restarts when I click Play on it. I can't seem to get into the game. Any suggestions?

Edit: Seems since the minor patch when they "Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)" I started crashing on startup. Using 48000hz though
    Last edited by xytech; 2011-11-30 at 06:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xytech View Post
    I now got a problem logging into skyrim. The skyrim launcher continously restarts when I click Play on it. I can't seem to get into the game. Any suggestions?
    I was just about to post the same question. The launcher icon isn't showing correctly either (on the taskbar). Does this have anything to do with the patch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhidios View Post
    I was just about to post the same question. The launcher icon isn't showing correctly either (on the taskbar). Does this have anything to do with the patch?
    Seems so, they said they just fixed the issue. I just started experience it after the fix though

Quote Originally Posted by garion55 View Post
    lvl 32 kitty kat. he's a mixture of destruction and one handed and conjuring and heavy armor. he's all over the place. having fun though going at my own pace. i just leveled up pickpocketing enough to get the 100 pound carry increase. every time i finish a quest though somehow i end up with 3 more. my quest log is huge and i cant seem to shrink it down any 8-(

im gonna try to get through every single quest though if it kills me. least its something fun to do in between canceling wow because it sucks ever since ghost crawler took over and buying star wars hoping to see all my old guildies again.
    You should buy a house:
    I bought a house in Whiterun as soon as I had 5000 gold, you can leave stuff there; stuff that you can't let yourself drop or sell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xytech View Post
    Seems so, they said they just fixed the issue. I just started experience it after the fix though
    I found a fix I think
    http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php...me-post-patch/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhidios View Post
    Thank you very much =)

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    I'm hardly a fanboy of anything. I appreciate any game and do not like unjust things said about any game that is worth a crap.

People could come in here (or anywhere) and say "Skyrim blows!" and I'll shrug it off as that dudes opinion. He's entitled to it, let him rock it.

What gets my goat is when someone comes and says that they played for a small amount of time or watched their brother play it or watched a video of it and then they say it sucks or it's overrated. I'll give them the suck part, that's their right, but a bit of reasoning couldn't hurt.

Now factor in the snowball effect in our present day. Someone says something sucks and they facbook it and twitter it and blog about it and talk about it to their friends (who could also all be gamers). These people take their friends opinion and roll with it. Now they tell their friends "Jim said it sucked, so dont buy it". Now that ONE guys opinion, after only playing a fraction of the actual game, has effected others.

Surely I can't be the only person to see this or think this way? And that makes me a fanboy?
    You are not alone, i agree with you 100%. - I used to be like that really, a mate was playing skyrim and said so many good things about it.... I had only hate for the game because i thought it was "first person". Then my friend showed me the game and the 3rd person view and i just had to give it a try. Now im loving it with more then 50 hours played and i'm not even halfway done with all quests, sidequests etc.

Pater! In manus tuas committo spiritum meum!

Now factor in the snowball effect in our present day. Someone says something sucks and they facbook it and twitter it and blog about it and talk about it to their friends (who could also all be gamers). These people take their friends opinion and roll with it. Now they tell their friends "Jim said it sucked, so dont buy it". Now that ONE guys opinion, after only playing a fraction of the actual game, has effected others.
    that should be affected not effected.

but that makes no sense, you disregard all the people who say skyrim is awesome, who facebook it and twitter it and blog about it and talk about it to their friends.

So yesterday I got bored and went on an all out killing spree after getting all the Daedric artifacts and saving the game. I'm currently at a 20k septim bounty in Whiterun and am making my across to all of the other towns on foot for some more massacre. Have it as a separate save but now I can't decide which one I'll stick to. Questing and structure can only be so fulfilling until you just want to kill every guard in sight.

P.S. I really wish the PS3's processor speed could work better with the game. I'm glad the new patch is fixing the performance issues in long term play but those loading screens are getting repetitive now.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2011-11-30 at 08:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Anyone else getting Error Code 51? Is it because of the patch? (The patch Steam isn't telling me anything about, by the way)

EDIT: Saw the fix linked above, trying it now.
    Last edited by Umbra; 2011-11-30 at 08:44 PM.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob from Accounting View Post
    Joke of the week. The 1.2 patch notes. Good to know Bethesda thinks the only problems with the game are just some rare glitches. Sarcasm btw.

UPDATE 1.2 NOTES (all platforms unless specified)

Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)
    Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)
    Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)
    Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away
    Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead
    Dragon corpses now clean up properly
    Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
    Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug
    Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely
    Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory
    Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor
    Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death
    ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)
    Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)
    General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)
    Oh THANK GOD!! I can get my esc key functionality back!! YEAAA!!!!

Seriously that was driving me crazy.. and the fixes related ot remapping - I hope that either means (or both) that remapped keys will display the RIGHT key in the interface and/or that everytyhiing is now remappable.

I hate the tab key, a/d keys etc. being unremappable - being a left-handed player its really annoying constantly moving my hand off the trackball to do things .
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob from Accounting View Post
    Joke of the week. The 1.2 patch notes. Good to know Bethesda thinks the only problems with the game are just some rare glitches. Sarcasm btw.

UPDATE 1.2 NOTES (all platforms unless specified)

Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)
    Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)
    Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)
    Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away
    Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead
    Dragon corpses now clean up properly
    Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
    Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug
    Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely
    Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory
    Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor
    Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death
    ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)
    Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)
    General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)
    Is it already out now or coming at some point?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Is it already out now or coming at some point?
    Already out, at least on console.

just made this lol

Quote Originally Posted by NobodyThere View Post
    Anyone else noticed very little quests that could be solved in different ways with different result? I often expect some quests to give me more options to complete them, but unfortunately it ain't happening. This is serious drawback for rpgs and make it rpg of 2dn categhory.
    Yeah that is why I started over after hitting level 53 with my "Paladin"

Made a character that would instead have no qualms raping, pillaging, murdering, lying, and stealing and I find the game to be more easily immersed in. Trying to play a paladin was impossible from a RP/Immersion stand point unless you wanted to not do the majority of the quests.

The new patch breaks any kind of resistances. it won't matter if you run around naked or with max armor rating enchanted to 100% resists, you'll take full damage either way.

If you have not yet patched to 1.2 I strongly suggest you wont. If you have, for pc users there are win7 auto backups and torrents of patches to fall back on. Console players are screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    How is it creative? Simple, it's more than just elf, dwarf, human, orc and a homemade race. (Fyi the dwarves in TES aren't dwarves, but you'd know that if you knew a bit more about the franchise). 12 races is a lot for an rpg, obviously it isn't the 40+ like in D&D, but it surely beats anything else. As for the bugs, like I've said, not everyone suffers from those. Shit happens.
    lore spolier

Won't he get more mad if he finds out that the dwarves are just another sub-race of elves? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    The new patch breaks any kind of resistances. it won't matter if you run around naked or with max armor rating enchanted to 100% resists, you'll take full damage either way.

If you have not yet patched to 1.2 I strongly suggest you wont. If you have, for pc users there are win7 auto backups and torrents of patches to fall back on. Console players are screwed.
    As an addendum to this, it appears the shield block perk that reduces elemental damage while blocking is the ONLY resist unaffected. My guess is it's because it's conditional rather than always on.