Why add video of a failed assassination? :P
    Last edited by Caine; 2011-12-06 at 11:35 PM.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

im getting the bug for Blood on the Ice were the murder mystery in Windhelm isnt starting, ive done the imperial quest line and im level 34 right now

anyone figure out how to get around this?
    Omians- 90 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream
    Pokemon Friend Code- 4382 - 3430 - 6494

hi Guys, ive ran into an issue, I have finished the main quest line (killed the big bad black dragon), but now that I am just questing around - for some reasons I cannot toggle the Quest Marks on onto a map and HUD, the option toggle on map is qreyed out. it is not super big problem, but really annoying.... any suggestions?

---------- Post added 2011-12-07 at 01:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdecker View Post
    how do u fade like that? illusion spell? how do u get it
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

How do I convince the thalmor to let me release that greymanes brother? I took the quest and told him I'd do it myself, assuming that there would be some sort of speech dialog for me to convince the elves to release him, but once there they just told me that the only way they would release him was by order of the imperials. I have no idea what to do, the quest may be bugged because it tells me nothing more. I guess I'll have to kill everyone if it's the only way, but really?? Anyone know what I am supposed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Erza View Post
    How do I convince the thalmor to let me release that greymanes brother? I took the quest and told him I'd do it myself, assuming that there would be some sort of speech dialog for me to convince the elves to release him, but once there they just told me that the only way they would release him was by order of the imperials. I have no idea what to do, the quest may be bugged because it tells me nothing more. I guess I'll have to kill everyone if it's the only way, but really?? Anyone know what I am supposed to do?
    You have to go in there and kill everyone to release him. The quest isn't difficult per se but requires some planning. Like leave some destruction runes at the pathway out of the fortress or fire arrows at long distance while your "partner(s)" kite them or distract them while you destroy them all. Anything you can do will help. Just make sure you don't go overboard and just attack the first guy you see, you'll get demolished easily.
    I am KickButtMario. I kick butt because I am Mario. The coolest, longest, living, protagonist out there in the video game industry.

Currently playing WoW: BigFattMario TallKidLuigi PeachIsCute

Herald of the Titans Poppincaps's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    how do u fade like that? illusion spell? how do u get it
    The spell that was used there is kinda a spoiler so here

*SPOILER*

At the end of the thieves guild, nocturne gives you a choices of 3 abilities. That one, which I believe is Shadow of the Nightingale, gives you the ability when you stealth you turn invisible and the spell lasts like 120 seconds.

*END SPOILER*

There is also an invisibilty spell in the illusion tree when you hit like level 70.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    You have to go in there and kill everyone to release him. The quest isn't difficult per se but requires some planning. Like leave some destruction runes at the pathway out of the fortress or fire arrows at long distance while your "partner(s)" kite them or distract them while you destroy them all. Anything you can do will help. Just make sure you don't go overboard and just attack the first guy you see, you'll get demolished easily.
    I'm talking about without having the kill everyone. There must be a way, considering the quest tells me I failed to do that part of the quest every time I hostile the thalmor or just go past the guard. I can't sneak in without killing one of them. The way I took the quest was literally to prevent bloodshed on either side. I don't have those companions with me, I didn't take the quest that way. And I don't run with a henchman because they suck when you are a sneaker.

Is it possible to DE Dragon Priest mask and use the enchants on other items? The masks have some good enchants but the armor sucks.. plus they look weird.
    Sell a man a fish, and he can eat for a day, teach a man to fish, and you lose a great business opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remnas View Post
    This guy could sell more Oxyclean than Billy Mays, and make you feel like a badass while using it.

The one thing that has ruined skyrim for me is the dungeon respawn time. In oblivion it was great because you could go to a dungeon when ever you wanted and it would be freshly stocked with bandits or goblins for you to loot. But in skyrim you have to wait 30 in game days for them to respawn, which means 90% of the time when you go to a previously explored cave to make some gold you find it still hasn't reset and this makes you look for another which probably hasn't reset either.

Also I hate the fact that npcs like badits etc. always drop crap gear, apart from the final enemy in a dungeon who will usually drop a poor quality enchanted item. In oblivion almost any npc could have any armor, it use to be great wondering through a dungeon and seeing some random npc wearing daedric boots because you where like oh man I need those. Now it's like I better loot all of these corpes for some gems and gold and maybe i'll get lucky on the final enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    im getting the bug for Blood on the Ice were the murder mystery in Windhelm isnt starting, ive done the imperial quest line and im level 34 right now

anyone figure out how to get around this?
    quoting myself.. ive tryed googling it but seems there isnt really a fix outside of it being patched in at some point in the future
    Omians- 90 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream
    Pokemon Friend Code- 4382 - 3430 - 6494

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    The spell that was used there is kinda a spoiler so here

*SPOILER*

At the end of the thieves guild, nocturne gives you a choices of 3 abilities. That one, which I believe is Shadow of the Nightingale, gives you the ability when you stealth you turn invisible and the spell lasts like 120 seconds.

*END SPOILER*

There is also an invisibilty spell in the illusion tree when you hit like level 70.
    Thank you, funny enough I am doing TG quests just now.... any ideas about quest markers?
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Before I start *SPOILER* *SPOILER* *SPOILER*

I want DLC that will let me kill that hoe Delphine.... she made me kill Paarthurnax which really pissed me off.... he was a bro.

*SPOILER ENDED*

Ok in all seriousness probably something like Shivering Isles, or maybe a quest involving the Divines... where you could actually see them. Basically like the Daedric quests except with a connected storyline... I think that would be awesome.

*SPOILERS AGAIN*

*MAJOR MAJOR SPOILERS FOR END OF MAIN QUEST*

Turns out he deserves it considering if you let him live he yells that Alduin was his bro and now he's going to take his place. If you translate his name from the dragon tongue the three words are something like "brother" "ambition" "evil" or something

*YEA MAJOR SPOILERS HOPE YOU DIDN'T READ*

They NEED to make a separate set of Nightingale Armor that we can enchant as we want. The armor looks way too badass to be wasted because you did the quest way too early and stats don't scale well into later levels or because that illusion frost resist and 20 stamina is so useless compared to some other things you'd prefer in a stealth/thief playstyle.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2011-12-07 at 04:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

Herald of the Titans Poppincaps's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    Thank you, funny enough I am doing TG quests just now.... any ideas about quest markers?
    Quest markers? If you are talking about the quest marker hovering over the NPC's head, then it is an option that is on by default. I think it's in the gameplay section of the settings.

Turns out he deserves it considering if you let him live he yells that Alduin was his bro and now he's going to take his place. If you translate his name from the dragon tongue the three words are something like "brother" "ambition" "evil" or something
    No he doesnt say that at all, and no he didnt deserve it. You misinterpreted the whole thing. I know people with names like Dick, are they necessarily dicks?
    They NEED to make a separate set of Nightingale Armor that we can enchant as we want. The armor looks way too badass to be wasted because you did the quest way too early and stats don't scale well into later levels or because that illusion frost resist and 20 stamina is so useless compared to some other things you'd prefer in a stealth/thief playstyle
    No they dont, at all. Unique armor is meant to be that way, you either use it , or make your own or get 100 enchanting. And same arguments can be brought for every single item set in game.
    If you want to always look like youre in nightingale armor, use mods.
    Last edited by frozenkex; 2011-12-07 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    *SPOILERS AGAIN*

*MAJOR MAJOR SPOILERS FOR END OF MAIN QUEST*

Err no it does not. He is sad Alduin is dead because it he was one of the strongest of them, but he turned from the 'path'. Think of him as the kung-fu teacher who teaches morals along with DUS FO RAH. He is going around to teach the other dragons that eating humans is bad and that they should just chill on mountains and contemplate dragonism.

I have seen that his name translates as that, but it appears he isn't being a dick anymore? Maybe he will return to his dickish ways in the DLC? Doubt it since a bunch of people killed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Erza View Post
    I'm talking about without having the kill everyone. There must be a way, considering the quest tells me I failed to do that part of the quest every time I hostile the thalmor or just go past the guard. I can't sneak in without killing one of them. The way I took the quest was literally to prevent bloodshed on either side. I don't have those companions with me, I didn't take the quest that way. And I don't run with a henchman because they suck when you are a sneaker.
    Sorry but I think its impossible to rescue the greymane without killing them. There is just no way. Unless you got master stealth skills such as putting invis postions on you and keeping spells up at al times.
    I am KickButtMario. I kick butt because I am Mario. The coolest, longest, living, protagonist out there in the video game industry.

Currently playing WoW: BigFattMario TallKidLuigi PeachIsCute

maxed out enchanting to 100 along with dragon/daedric weapon armor with the 2 effect enchant perk.

Paralyze+Fire main hand axe
    Paralyze+Soul Tap off hand axe

All weapons/armor upgraded to legendary. Used smithing and enchanting potions.
    Levelling enchanting seems to be a pain, stuck at 80ish.

Smithing and enchanting involves making HUNDREDS of iron daggers; enchanting them with paralyze and selling them for a gigantic profit.

Now almost everything dies in 1-2 hits. Hmm. If they don't they are stunned forever lololol.

Also now that all my important skill trees are maxed out (one-handed, heavy armor, smithing, enchanting, alchemy, lockpicking) the only way I can level my character is by using crappy skills that I never used thus far.

So it's something like this - equip 2h weapon; swing at mob, block; get skillups for a minute or so; go back to dual wield and 1 shot enemy.

Or, summon familiar; sneak attack, repeat ----> levels sneak; or just go near a door and press C and go afk.

Or, Equillibrium+fast heal spam ----> levels up resto/alteration(?)

+Remember to go to a trainer every level and get 5 free levels.

Making money is a total joke thanks to enchanting+smithing.

Soul gem acquisition is RIDICULOUSLY easy.

Stealing stuff again is just too easy; close the door; bam.

Is it just me or are there just too many massively OP ways to do things in this game ?

So basically enemy scaling, crafting and the economy in this game is totally messed up. Also magic is garbage.

Now that the charm of exploration has worn off and everything feels generally the same I'm bored with this hiking sim.

Also; where on earth are all the tough high level enemies ? Dungeons with rock hard casters and daedra ? OR do we have to wait for a DLC for that ?