Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    It's in Markarth. And they actually do something, they just don't really have quests. They act as mobile shrines. Vigilants of Stendarr will cure any diseases you have when you talk to them.
    One gives the Molag-Bal Daedric quest. It's held up by many as one of the most nightmarish ones in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    One gives the Molag-Bal Daedric quest. It's held up by many as one of the most nightmarish ones in the game.
    I know, I already mentioned that in my post, stating that it's in Markarth. In general they don't give quests though, there is no joinable faction associated with them, such as the Companions, Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeshka View Post
    with all perks light armor = heavy armor; they are identical in terms of mitigation
    without perks
    heavy armor >>>>>>>>>>>> light armor

1h + shield offers gigantic mitigation but the damage potential is horrendous compared to pure dw.

imo if you do not plan on putting perks into armor trees THEN straight 1h dw with heavy armor
    if you do then light armor + 1h dw is the most optimal.

Given how strong other trees are - enchanting, smithing, alchemy, one-handed; it will be a while before you are really able to put points into light armor.

Another thing try to get smithing and enchanting to 100 1st; these are hands down the strongest perk trees.
    Daedric armor & Weapons are both fine and extremely easy to get very early on. Pick ONE.
    Dragon armor seems like a wasted investment since it doesn't give you weapons and is on a totally different branch of the smith branch (it's NOT connected to daedric as the constellation would have you believe)

Get the dual enchant perk asap (100 skill ench) and get paralyze+<something> on each weapon.

Axes have the highest attack damage; Swords are somewhat lower but 3/3 in the perk gives 30% crit chance. Not sure about maces. Daggers are for sneak builds obviously.
    Why is heavy superior without all the perks? Yes it offers more protection BUT you can't sneak, you're slow and your stamina expires in seconds when sprinting. With harder difficulty, the cons clearly outweights the pros as taking 10-20% less damage from a hit that takes away half your HP is clearly not worth losing the ability to avoid taking hits at all.

Oh and dragon armor IS connected to daedric, you can get it by going steel->dorf->orc->ebony->daedric path too and to be honest, this seems like the only right path to use. Dragonscale is the best light armor so you get both heavy and light armors this way and the ability to improve daedric weapons too which are much better than glass.

And another thing, maces deal the highest damage, not axes..

Heavy armor doesn't affect sneak all that much if you put points in the sneak perk. By then you also have high enough sneak so you can walk up to people do a little dance and they still won't notice you. However if you would have problems you can always cast muffle which lasts 3minutes.

Light armor only gets better once you get to the stamina regenerates 50% faster perk since everything else is the same and the 100skill perk is pretty useless for both armor types (imo).

Deleted
    How much will having it on console (unmoddable?) eat gaming experience?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirtus View Post
    How much will having it on console (unmoddable?) eat gaming experience?
    quite a lot IMO, you also deal with longer load times, worse graphics, and after a while, you might get fps problems because the the PS3, and to some extent the 360 have laughable amounts of RAM. Haven't had these myself but there's a lot of complaints on the forums. I own a pc and an xbox version
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Honestly, the amount of bitching in this thread is unsettling. In my brief time away from the internet, I had forgotten how the people who inhabit it can and will bring down anything they can for any reason they can. Thanks for taking my faith in humanity down another peg.

Hello guys , i'm hoping that somebody can help me out of a jam .

My problem is i cannot marry anyone . I married Ysolda at a an earlier stage in the game but now the eligible NPCs simply do not give me the option to marry .I have done most of the quests in game , i am wearing ofcourse amulet of mara , even mara's blessing , but i simply cannot get anyone else to marry me.Further more , i bought Proudspire manor in Solitude , where i moved Ysolda , but after Aela gave me one of them animal cleansing quests which happened to take place in my manor , both Ysolda ( my only wife ) and the housecarl are now gone ( no corpse or anything ).I looked all over the web ( uesp , elder wikia etc. ) but couldn't find anything.

My house is a really lonely place.Please help.

People talking about how easy the game is if you keep making iron daggers, or max out something long before everything else, or keep doing something that increases shit by billion. I ask, why would you ever this if not for making the game easier?

Deleted
    It's funny to see how so few people here actually roleplay the game, but just get the OP trees to 100 asap and get all the best shit at level 3 so to speak. Reminds me about Fallout 3 so much.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    [/COLOR]
    Btw, great way to level sneak: just spam sneak attack on delphin and esben once you meet them in the main quest (fairly early tbh).
    Great way to level heavy/light armor/block - go to a mudcrab; rubber band right mouse button and go afk.

Given how ridiculously grindy and ridiculous these techniques are it sometimes feels like more sense to just use some kind of cheat code to max out skills Now that can't be a good thing, o well.
    or you could..just..PLAY and level them. Then they are not grindy or stupid or ridiculous.

You just PLAY the game and level them as you PLAY - you know - the way WoW makes you? Doesnt that also "make sense?"

I can cheat on almost any other game too. Doesnt make it a bad game.

Just seems pretty obvious and sensical to me - if you don't want to grind/game your way into OP too early then..just..dont? If you know you dont have fun one shotting stuff..then..don't cheat the system?

Its like complaining about knowing what is under your tree for Xmas because you hunted down your parents secret present hiding place.

So..don't! (Saying this really for other players, as I realize Neek you are done with the game aand its too late LOL)
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Is there anything that can beat Gauldar Amulet? 30 stamina, 30 health and 30 magicka is quite good.

Also, can the Skyforge Smith (Eorlund Gray-Mane) make a more powerful weapon to you after Kodlak Whitemane has been laid to rest? He keeps talking about that the Skyforge feels more young, and he think he could make a more powerful weapon there.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2011-12-12 at 06:56 PM.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    Why not Hrothgar Bloodrage? Harbinger of the Companions, Bearer of the mighty axe of Ysgramor; Wuuthrad. The Heir of Ysgrarmor. Shield-brother of Kodlak Whitemane. The Stormblade, Champion of Ulfric Stormcloak, the true High King of Skyrim! I am the conqueror of Solitude! The Slayer of General Tullius! I am the Slayer of Dragons! The Killer of Alduin the World Eater! He who Lifted the Curse of Hircine from the Companions of Jorrvaskr! The Slayer of the Glenmoril Witches am I! I am He Who Walked the Paths of Glorious Sovngarde Before the End of my Count of Days! I am the Assassin of the IV Legion! I am Thane of Whiterun and Windhelm both!

Dick swinging aside, I play as two-handed Nord warrior. A very badass one who can wipe out Elder Dragons in one hit.
    How nice for you.

I'm the Dragonborn.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Is there anything that can beat Gauldar Amulet? 30 stamina, 30 health and 30 magicka is quite good.

Also, can the Skyforge Smith (Eorlund Gray-Mane) make a more powerful weapon to you after Kodlak Whitemane has been laid to rest? He keeps talking about that the Skyforge feels more young, and he think he could make a more powerful weapon there.
    All that changed at the skyforge is that you're not able to make Ancient Nord Armor and upgrade the Ancient Nord weapons into Nord Hero XXXXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    It's funny to see how so few people here actually roleplay the game, but just get the OP trees to 100 asap and get all the best shit at level 3 so to speak. Reminds me about Fallout 3 so much.
    I roleplay the most powerful motherf***er dragonborn in skyrim, thank you very much

10+ Year Old Account
    yup; it just means if you are not capped on mitigation stuff will 1 shot you.

Enemy attack damage is just higher and so is enemy health.

Harder difficulty just means spamming health potions more; and as a result spending more time fast travelling all over to buy them or materials to make them.

It does not in ANY WAY force you to use a totally different combat strategy; and obviously enemy AI and the way they attack you remain identical.

The whole "don't complain if you play on adept" argument is getting really old; since the same problems remain on adept/expert/master. It doesn't fix anything. This isn't like WoW where heroic and normal/lfr are completely different encounters; or something like an fps (say crysis) where the enemy AI completely changes.

Btw, great way to level sneak: just spam sneak attack on delphin and esben once you meet them in the main quest (fairly early tbh).
    Great way to level heavy/light armor/block - go to a mudcrab; rubber band right mouse button and go afk.

Given how ridiculously grindy and ridiculous these techniques are it sometimes feels like more sense to just use some kind of cheat code to max out skills Now that can't be a good thing, o well.
    I try to be as civil as I can, but this is freaking ridiculous. So, instead of playing better you would rather go buy a bunch of potions and just spam them until you beat your enemies and then you complain that you have fast travel all over the place to buy them. *facepalm* I'm done arguing with you.... I just feel like you're trolling me.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    changing the difficulty just changes how much health things have.
    Uh no...it increases their dmg output as well, an adept lvl Arch Wizard deals shit spell dmg compared to the Master lvl arch wizard. And unless you're a retard like the guy spamming health potions (yeh, that must be fun......sarcasm if you didnt get it), then you have to change your play style drastically when upping the difficulty lvl. Especially when going from adept straight to master.

And anyone who thinks archery sucks...my daedra bow with paralyze and 45points of frost dmg says otherwise. I bet 100k gold i can take out any enemy before you even get near them.

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 05:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Why is heavy superior without all the perks? Yes it offers more protection BUT you can't sneak, you're slow and your stamina expires in seconds when sprinting. With harder difficulty, the cons clearly outweights the pros as taking 10-20% less damage from a hit that takes away half your HP is clearly not worth losing the ability to avoid taking hits at all.

Oh and dragon armor IS connected to daedric, you can get it by going steel->dorf->orc->ebony->daedric path too and to be honest, this seems like the only right path to use. Dragonscale is the best light armor so you get both heavy and light armors this way and the ability to improve daedric weapons too which are much better than glass.

And another thing, maces deal the highest damage, not axes..
    I tried doing this in my game, going from dragon armor to glass. So i could upgrade Chillrend....it wont let me. Not sure if its just my game bugging out or how it really works but some more confirmation would be nice. Tried both ways too, going down light armor then trying to get daedric for the weapons, didnt work that way for me either. I decided on my light armor person just to go up heavy armor, since dragon smithing is at the end either way and you can smith both light and heavy either way you go. And daedric weps are the best in the game with a few exceptions.
    Last edited by Blackout15; 2011-12-12 at 10:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ Blackout did you take the Arcane Blacksmith perk? It won't let you upgrade enchanted weapons unless you have it.

Yeah i did. I can upgrade Chillrend, just not to legendary. Not sure if thats just because you cant, or because i dont have glass smithing and it (i believe) is considered a glass weapon.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://skyrimcalculator.com/#2441

Curious to see what you guys are doing for your perks! I have a few more perks selected in-game than on the calculator. Not sure if I'll make any changes to it or just stick with what I originally planned.