1. #4481
    Cant, im on console. And it doesnt even have to be particle affects, id prefer it wasnt like you said. But for the unique items it would have been nice to see a different model every now and then....instead of Ancient Nord Sword....over....and over.....and over........AND OVER....again.

  2. #4482
    I prefer making and upgrading ebony bows, then selling them to thieves guild fences for making money. For the price of 4 ebony bars I can make like 2k gold with my smithing set equipped. Making those in bulk, you get gold fast. Though my way requires that you already be high level, as you need a consistent supply of ebony bars, and the only quick way to get massive amount is via buying them.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  3. #4483
    Easy way to get ebony if your a lower level, go to the orc strong hold in the far east, the one nearest Windhelm...forget the name. In their mine you can mine 30+ ebony ore.

  4. #4484
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackout15 View Post
    Easy way to get ebony if your a lower level, go to the orc strong hold in the far east, the one nearest Windhelm...forget the name. In their mine you can mine 30+ ebony ore.
    I know, but 30 isn't very much, and it takes a LONG time for veins of ore to respawn. I probably went through 500 pieces of ebony ore just from making ebony bows and selling them to level speech.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  5. #4485
    Why does Destruction take sooo damn long to skill up compared to other skills? I have only Alchemy and Destruction left and every other skill is at 100. So if I cast "Flames" it takes ages to gain a lvl (57 atm). I have nice magica and 300% reg, but it takes literally forever although I can basically just cast flames all the time (Master).

    What am I missing? Is there some spell that gains you more and faster xp?

    Edit: I know that I need to be in combat for it to work
    Last edited by The Illusive Man; 2011-12-20 at 01:26 PM.

  6. #4486
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Why does Destruction take sooo damn long to skill up compared to other skills? I have only Alchemy and Destruction left and every other skill is at 100. So if I cast "Flames" it takes ages to gain a lvl (57 atm). I have nice magica and 300% reg, but it takes literally forever although I can basically just cast flames all the time (Master).

    What am I missing? Is there some spell that gains you more and faster xp?

    Edit: I know that I need to be in combat for it to work
    I used the expert level spell wall of storms, along with 4 -25% destruction spell cost items that I enchanted myself. I then shot Shadowmere with that. It went extremely quickly, around 10 minutes if I recall.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  7. #4487
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I used the expert level spell wall of storms, along with 4 -25% destruction spell cost items that I enchanted myself. I then shot Shadowmere with that. It went extremely quickly, around 10 minutes if I recall.
    Ah well so i will try that out when I am at home thx I was raging really hard because of the slow xp from flames and I was never sure which spell will net me more

  8. #4488
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Ah well so i will try that out when I am at home thx I was raging really hard because of the slow xp from flames and I was never sure which spell will net me more
    No problem. My heart goes out to you for the alchemy grind though. That takes forever. The only tip I can give for that is that regenerate magicka potions seemed to give a little more experience.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  9. #4489
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    No problem. My heart goes out to you for the alchemy grind though. That takes forever. The only tip I can give for that is that regenerate magicka potions seemed to give a little more experience.
    Yeah this will indeed be a grind because i´m only lvl 30 or so (never cared) well I will look into that when destro is at 100

    Edit: I will prolly go with invisibility potions! As Chaurus eggs and moth wings are easy to come by. On http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/A..._Tips#Leveling it says that:

    "The most expensive single effects are invisibility, paralyze, slow, and the regenerate types (health, stamina, magicka). These are two to three times more effective than other potions when giving skill points. Since the effect costs are additive, a potion with more effects may have higher cost than a potion with one of these high value effects. Hanging Moss + Bear Claws, Dwarven Oil + Salt Pile, and Vampire Dust + Luna Moth Wing are the best cost/reagent combinations."
    Last edited by The Illusive Man; 2011-12-20 at 02:50 PM.

  10. #4490
    Anyone else noticed that Falk Firebeard in the blue palace in Solitude looks just like Chuck Norris?
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  11. #4491
    Just reached level 10. Loving the game. It started slow. But after level 4 and especially getting the shout training and become a trusted member of the companions (you know what I mean ), the game has just become too amazing. I also got the hang of the professions etc.

    Still haven't join any side in the civil war. I went to Windhelm and saw Ulfric and his army. It was pretty impressive, the talk, the voice acting, the city. Thought about joining them but it didn't feel right. Thought I would join the Empire on my warrior (playing warrior right now), and join Stormcloaks on another character for different kind of story.

    That being said, I'm enjoying the whole civil war thing much more then the dragons storyline so far. The story is immense. It took me sometime to get used to it (I didn't know the Imperial supported the Empire, who Ulfric was, Stormcloaks etc). and still need to learn a lot.

    Can anyone tell me the highest level a player can get and if it is possible to get every single talent. If yes, how. Please let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

  12. #4492
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    Just reached level 10. Loving the game. It started slow. But after level 4 and especially getting the shout training and become a trusted member of the companions (you know what I mean ), the game has just become too amazing. I also got the hang of the professions etc.

    Still haven't join any side in the civil war. I went to Windhelm and saw Ulfric and his army. It was pretty impressive, the talk, the voice acting, the city. Thought about joining them but it didn't feel right. Thought I would join the Empire on my warrior (playing warrior right now), and join Stormcloaks on another character for different kind of story.

    That being said, I'm enjoying the whole civil war thing much more then the dragons storyline so far. The story is immense. It took me sometime to get used to it (I didn't know the Imperial supported the Empire, who Ulfric was, Stormcloaks etc). and still need to learn a lot.

    Can anyone tell me the highest level a player can get and if it is possible to get every single talent. If yes, how. Please let me know.
    Nice to see that you enjoy the game! The max. lvl is 81 and you can´t get every perk, you can get a lot but not all tho (80 to be exact). I like the civil war storyline much more than the main story! The main story just does not feel epic and in depth enough for my taste
    Last edited by The Illusive Man; 2011-12-20 at 09:50 PM.

  13. #4493
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    Can anyone tell me the highest level a player can get and if it is possible to get every single talent. If yes, how. Please let me know.
    The highest possible level is 81, I believe, which requires you to get every skill (One-handed, Destruction, Alchemy etc.) to 100 through training. Doing so gives you 80 perks, or talents, which is about a third (I think?) of the total. So no, you can't get every single talent.

    You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

  14. #4494
    The Lightbringer dragothica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,120
    Skyrim got patched today on Steam and LAA (Large Adress Aware) or Skyrim 4GB Loader shouldn't be required anymore to run the game smoothly, it was build in the game with the patch. It also fixed the resistance ratings and dragons flying backwards I think, among other stuff.

  15. #4495
    Downloaded the newest PS3 patch and now it randomly freezes....
    Sapperwix
    Blue Poster

    The turtles... they're learning!

  16. #4496
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    15,995

    [Skyrim] Any way of quick switching from 1H+shield to spell+shield?

    Hey,

    I know of the favorite list, and the quick selections (1-9). They do not, however, work the way I'd like. What I want on my "paladin" is to switch from shield+weapon to shield+spell, so that my left hand retains my shield at all times, and my right hand switches between a weapon and a spell.

    To me it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to put away your shield when you're casting a healing spell in the middle of combat. Obviously I want to keep the shield, and use the spell in my weapon hand.

    If I have shield+weapon, and choose the spell with a quick selection, I end up with spell+weapon. Then I'd have to quick select the spell again to have dual casting, and then select the shield to get to shield+spell. Talk about an asinine system.

    I tried the extended hotkeys which give me 40 "configurable" (yeah, from the .ini, not in game) hotkeys, but it doesn't seem to work either.

    Does anyone know of a mod that allows us to switch from shield+weapon to shield+spell with one quick key, or am I doing something wrong here?
    we will be • when you will be no more

  17. #4497
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ghlight=skyrim

    Every skyrim thread other than that one and the technical issues one have been locked so far as I see.
    You might want to post the question in there.

  18. #4498
    Hey All...So I’ve decided to pick up Skyrim since I am really fascinated by the entire game and the reviews that I’ve read.

    Let me start of by saying that I have no experience with the Elder Scrolls Series. Skyrim will be my first. Ever since being exposed to the LOTR books and films I’ve had a soft spot for elves. Even in WoW, when I played the game, I created night elves and blood elves. I love using a bow.

    I am currently deciding between a High Elf, Dark Elf, Wood Elf and Nords. What would be a good race to start with in the game?

  19. #4499
    Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    Hey All...So I’ve decided to pick up Skyrim since I am really fascinated by the entire game and the reviews that I’ve read.

    Let me start of by saying that I have no experience with the Elder Scrolls Series. Skyrim will be my first. Ever since being exposed to the LOTR books and films I’ve had a soft spot for elves. Even in WoW, when I played the game, I created night elves and blood elves. I love using a bow.

    I am currently deciding between a High Elf, Dark Elf, Wood Elf and Nords. What would be a good race to start with in the game?
    Any race is good, just depends on what you want to look like. Personally, after you reach a certain level the powers of each race become slightly useless, though the 50% frost resist with Nord and 50% first resist with Dark Elf are both good. The high elves start with extra mana and have the power to regen mana quickly for a short time, very good for mages or battlemages who wish to focus more on weapons. Not sure about wood elves, they start with better stats in things for thieves, but their command animal power is (i feel) kind of useless.

  20. #4500
    Oh ok ..So I was thinking of starting a Nord and probably joining the Stormcloak. Which guild should I work towards? I am going to be levelling as a warrior .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •