Wait Alduin is an Aedra.... what the fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Wait Alduin is an Aedra.... what the fuck?
    All beings except the Daedra are technically Aedra. Daedra is anything created by the blood of Padomay when Anu stabbed him in the back. Aedra is anything else that was created by Anu and Padomay's battle, as well as anything that descended from the original Aedra. Technically, all mortals are Aedra, just with 6 eras of diluted blood from the Aedra that became mortal to create Nirn.

Though Alduin is more of a "proper" Aedra, as he's the son of Akatosh, the firstborn of Anu.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

Can anyone tell me the quickest and best way to level up my archery? Is there any place specific with an archer-friendly environment?

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Can anyone tell me the quickest and best way to level up my archery? Is there any place specific with an archer-friendly environment?
    Get the horse Shadowmere from Dark Brotherhood quests. Then shoot him about 2500 times, and your archery will be max. His health regenerates faster than most bows can deal damage to him, so there's no risk of him dying.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

i cant decide! as a wood elf i would join the Stormcloaks to thwart the Thalmor's plan since they masscared alot of elves in valenwood, then again the Stormcloaks are racist while the Empire aren't but still are puppets of the Thalmor who wood elves hate. which should i choose?

Quote Originally Posted by Palapwn View Post
    i cant decide! as a wood elf i would join the Stormcloaks to thwart the Thalmor's plan since they masscared alot of elves in valenwood, then again the Stormcloaks are racist while the Empire aren't but still are puppets of the Thalmor who wood elves hate. which should i choose?
    I seem to recall you having this same problem before lol.

The Stormcloaks aren't really that racist, they just have a Skyrim first view of things. I think canonically, Bethesda will either say that the Dragonborn sided with the Stormcloaks, or use a Dragon Break to explain what happens, resulting in both sides winning and losing. Come to think of it, a Dragon Break could be very beneficial to stopping the Thalmor. Wouldn't the Thalmor crap themselves if they woke up one day and Skyrim was under Stormcloak control, with no losses on either side! I think that would be hilarious.

Anywho, take my advice for what you will. I see the Stormcloaks as the lesser of two evils, or rather, I guess you could call them the greater of two goods. Neither side is perfectly blameless, but I feel the Stormcloak's cause is more just. The Imperials are good people, but so are the Stormcloaks. Both factions seek to solve the same problem. One faction seeks to solve it by waiting, and being passive and submissive until the right time, whenever that may be. The other side seeks to solve it through fierce independence.

On the one hand, the Stormcloak plan is risky. Who knows if the Thalmor can actually be defeated in a military engagement. Last time an Aldmeri Dominion was broken, it was by Talos using Numidium. It's possible that without a similar leader, and a powerful trump card, that any efforts against the Thalmor will fail.

On the other hand, there's no end in sight with the Empire's "plan". Who knows if that day will actually come, and even if it does, will the Imperial Legion be ready for it? Who will they rally behind? Who will be the person that steps up and says, let's kick some ass. It certainly won't be any random figurehead Emperor that is chosen, now that Titus Mede is dead. Not to mention he was a spineless fool to begin with.

I see the Stormcloaks having the greatest chance for success, because they already have the two things I listed as a requirement. The Dragonborn would make a fine leader, way better than Ulfric imo. Someone with dragon blood and a real claim to the throne, the savior of the world, someone that's fought the Thalmor and won. The Dragonborn would be the perfect one to rally behind, in that regard he's probably better than the mortal hero Tiber Septim.

As for the trump card, the Dragonborn already possesses that too. He has the allegiance of Odahviing, and quite possibly all dragons after the defeat of Alduin. Too bad Paarthurnax is teaching the dragons his pacifistic way of the... oh wait. Canonically, all quests happen except for the mutually exclusive ones. This includes the Blades minor faction quests, as the greybeards quests can be done before slaying Paarthurnax. In other words, I guarantee he dies canonically, unless Bethesda saves him with a Dragon Break of course.

So the Dragonborn could potentially lead the Stormcloaks, and use the dragons as a weapon of war, his Numidium, to crush the Thalmor. That's my take on it anyway. Sorry that got a little long winded, I tend to rant about these sorts of things.
    Last edited by Laurcus; 2011-12-29 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I seem to recall you having this same problem before lol.

The Stormcloaks aren't really that racist, they just have a Skyrim first view of things. I think canonically, Bethesda will either say that the Dragonborn sided with the Stormcloaks, or use a Dragon Break to explain what happens, resulting in both sides winning and losing. Come to think of it, a Dragon Break could be very beneficial to stopping the Thalmor. Wouldn't the Thalmor crap themselves if they woke up one day and Skyrim was under Stormcloak control, with no losses on either side! I think that would be hilarious.

Anywho, take my advice for what you will. I see the Stormcloaks as the lesser of two evils, or rather, I guess you could call them the greater of two goods. Neither side is perfectly blameless, but I feel the Stormcloak's cause is more just. The Imperials are good people, but so are the Stormcloaks. Both factions seek to solve the same problem. One faction seeks to solve it by waiting, and being passive and submissive until the right time, whenever that may be. The other side seeks to solve it through fierce independence.

On the one hand, the Stormcloak plan is risky. Who knows if the Thalmor can actually be defeated in a military engagement. Last time an Aldmeri Dominion was broken, it was by Talos using Numidium. It's possible that without a similar leader, and a powerful trump card, that any efforts against the Thalmor will fail.

On the other hand, there's no end in sight with the Empire's "plan". Who knows if that day will actually come, and even if it does, will the Imperial Legion be ready for it? Who will they rally behind? Who will be the person that steps up and says, let's kick some ass. It certainly won't be any random figurehead Emperor that is chosen, now that Titus Mede is dead. Not to mention he was a spineless fool to begin with.

I see the Stormcloaks having the greatest chance for success, because they already have the two things I listed as a requirement. The Dragonborn would make a fine leader, way better than Ulfric imo. Someone with dragon blood and a real claim to the throne, the savior of the world, someone that's fought the Thalmor and won. The Dragonborn would be the perfect one to rally behind, in that regard he's probably better than the mortal hero Tiber Septim.

As for the trump card, the Dragonborn already possesses that too. He has the allegiance of Odahviing, and quite possibly all dragons after the defeat of Alduin. Too bad Paarthurnax is teaching the dragons his pacifistic way of the... oh wait. Canonically, all quests happen except for the mutually ones. This includes the Blades minor faction quests, as the greybeards quests can be done before slaying Paarthurnax. In other words, I guarantee he dies canonically, unless Bethesda saves him with a Dragon Break of course.

So the Dragonborn could potentially lead the Stormcloaks, and use the dragons as a weapon of war, his Numidium, to crush the Thalmor. That's my take on it anyway. Sorry that got a little long winded, I tend to rant about these sorts of things.
    Thanks! i got to say your reply was the most convincing and educated response on all the threads on the internet concerning that mater, thank you , i decided to join the Stormcloaks. One question though what exactly is a Dragon Brake? :P
    Last edited by Palapwn; 2011-12-29 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapwn View Post
    Thanks! i got to say your reply was the most convincing and educated response on all the threads on the internet concerning that mater, thank you , i decided to join the Stormcloaks. One question though what exactly is a Dragon Brake? :P
    You're very welcome. ^_^

A Dragon Break is when Akatosh the time god temporarily makes time non-linear resulting in really messed up stuff. Historically, Dragon Breaks have caused multiple contradictory things to happen at the same time. This has often done things that are quite literally impossible, such as creating full duplicates of people, most infamously, Mannimarco.

To put it in simple terms. Imagine two separate timelines, one where Ulfric dies, and one where General Tullius dies. A Dragon Break could be used to make both outcomes happen. The Stormcloaks win the war, resulting in General Tullius's death. The Imperials win the war, resulting in Ulfric's death. Then time converges back together. In the end you're left with a dead Ulfric, a dead Tullius, an alive, and probably very confused Ulfric, and an alive and probably also very confused Tullius.

The exact specific details are left up to Akatosh. For example, Tullius could, "wake up" so to speak, in the Imperial city. Him and all his troops survived, yet Ulfric controls Skyrim. The inverse could also happen, if Akatosh deemed it so.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    You're very welcome. ^_^

A Dragon Break is when Akatosh the time god temporarily makes time non-linear resulting in really messed up stuff. Historically, Dragon Breaks have caused multiple contradictory things to happen at the same time. This has often done things that are quite literally impossible, such as creating full duplicates of people, most infamously, Mannimarco.

To put it in simple terms. Imagine two separate timelines, one where Ulfric dies, and one where General Tullius dies. A Dragon Break could be used to make both outcomes happen. The Stormcloaks win the war, resulting in General Tullius's death. The Imperials win the war, resulting in Ulfric's death. Then time converges back together. In the end you're left with a dead Ulfric, a dead Tullius, an alive, and probably very confused Ulfric, and an alive and probably also very confused Tullius.

The exact specific details are left up to Akatosh. For example, Tullius could, "wake up" so to speak, in the Imperial city. Him and all his troops survived, yet Ulfric controls Skyrim. The inverse could also happen, if Akatosh deemed it so.
    Oh yeah that would work though it would be pretty weird what i would like is for one the sides to win and the remains of the losing side join the winning side against the Thalmor

As long as the glitches aren't game breaking and get fixed I don't have much of a problem with being a "beta tester". If you think about it having millions of play testing it, all the bugs and glitches will be found and corrected a lot quicker then if just a small handfull of testers in the company were doing it.

---------- Post added 2011-12-30 at 01:43 AM ----------

Actually you need to have it at 90

This play through as a stealth character I'm avoiding enchanting/smithing completely and only using the thief skills + one handed (So an assassin).

Decided I wanted to do all the hard speech checks in the game. So I'm strollin up to Riften and those guards want me to pay a visitors tax. Level 71 speech, got the double intimidation perk and I can't intimidate these damn guards. WTF YO.

Like 0/10 (I keep reloading), don't think it's even possible or something.

I just got this game for Christmas, and I just have a small question. Are there any mods that should be had for a first time player (such as fixing the UI or such things)?

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    This play through as a stealth character I'm avoiding enchanting/smithing completely and only using the thief skills + one handed (So an assassin).

Decided I wanted to do all the hard speech checks in the game. So I'm strollin up to Riften and those guards want me to pay a visitors tax. Level 71 speech, got the double intimidation perk and I can't intimidate these damn guards. WTF YO.

Like 0/10 (I keep reloading), don't think it's even possible or something.
    Really? I remember I had like 40 speech and I was like "Bitch I will fuck you up" and he completely backed down :P

Felt like sharing this with you guys.
    Arrow to The Knee.

Obviously fake. No one ever said anything about taking 2 arrows in the knee.

Quote Originally Posted by StenchSlash View Post

Felt like sharing this with you guys.
    Arrow to The Knee.
    1) That is exactly how I'd feel about that meme if I had roid rage.

2) Your sig including text is too large.

I went to Riften and was overwhelmed by the cities. The crime was just getting to me. I couldn't take it. So left it for laters. Reached Markarth through a drunken accident! And started questing it. Beautiful city I must admit. Haven't seen a city build around a waterfall before in a video game before (if I have I'm forgetting it).

First I was stunned by the innkeeper's daughter. Thought about marrying her then realized I'm playing a female dragonborn. Then I got into all this conspiracy theory and kept getting other quests as well. Was enjoying the whole thing.

***SPOILERS***

The conspiracy thing started to get out of hand. Nepos died first in his house. And I ended up killing 8 guards. However another guard caught me and I gave in. Went to jail. Helped the guy I was actually after, Madanach, escape prison. Then helped him escape the city while killing all the guards on my way. Then killed Madanach's men as the Jarl asked.

Went to the Temple Of Dibella. Killed everyone there... Stole everything. Went to this guy's house to find evidence of him worshiping Talos, killed him and a guard, stole everything. Did the bidding of a Daedra while killing people who I should have been helping really (loved this quest, one of my favs).

Playing a double agent throughout the whole scenario. Killing people like mad. Killing guards. By the time I was done there was one guard left in the city.

And I thought Riften was bad.

FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME.

I have been to 6 cities now. Whiterun, Windhelm, Markarth, Solitude, Winterhold and Riften.

*Whiterun is the most simple city in the game so far. Very straight forward quests and "honorable". Fun overall.

*Windhelm have been the most boring. I hardly see people in it and quests. Hate the design as well.

*Winterhold, why does this city exist again? Beautiful though. I did get an awesome Black Star from it. So something came good out of it.

*When I visit Solitude I just keep feeling bad for Elisif. Overall a very beautiful city. And quests are like Whiterun. Love the Civil War quests.

*Riften, love it. Haven't really started it, but I'm sure I will enjoy it as I really enjoy stealing stuff.

*Markarth. This city just blew me away. Wonderful. Best so far. The quests, the design, and the Jarl's room has a waterfall. Would do anything to have that in my room.

Now I must leave to complain to a guard, someone stole my sweet roll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Falkreath was a pretty neat place.
    -||My "Holy" Paladin.||-
    -||[Equilibrium||- My Guildwars 2 Guild.

Hated by many, confronted by none.

I'm starting to think these arrow to the knee jokes getting so popular is some cryptic message to me.

I had a bad knee for a year and a half. Had trouble getting health insurance, getting into see a doctor, etc. Got an MRI, had a meniscus tear. I got knee surgery 3 days before Skyrim came out (Nov 8). I sat around for two weeks playing Skyrim crippled. Believe I posted that earlier in the thread, before Skyrim's release date, as well..x,X

Weird how some things happen I guess.

I never really thought it was that funny... although it's amusing seeing it on youtube videos that have nothing to do with video games at all.