---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 02:04 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazer4500 View Post
    i recently choose to join the stormcloaks, i already took whiterun and i'm on the process to take falkreach so i'm wondering if i can still become thane of the other cities aside of solitude after i complete the stormcloak quests?
    tryin to remember, but i think i was able to be thane still. don't want to ruin anything, but i'd say yes but i could be wrong. if it doesn't work out, just do it on your next playthrough on another character type. i did all quests on my first build. then specialized on each new character. mage strait to the mage's college, rogue to the thieves guild, DB quest line and stormcloaks. vamp did the same as the rogue, but was completely different. pally/spellsword did companions, bards, and empire. all else was done on my main (dedric, achievs, etc)
    Last edited by DDazzle; 2012-01-09 at 10:04 PM.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazer4500 View Post
    hello, i'm enjoying skyrim on xbox. i have a couple of questions

Spoilers alert

i recently choose to join the stormcloaks, i already took whiterun and i'm on the process to take falkreach so i'm wondering if i can still become thane of the other cities aside of solitude after i complete the stormcloak quests?
    You should be able to, though it's recommended that you do all the thane quests first before picking a Civil War faction, due to changes in Jarls and questgivers.

i.e small chance of glitching out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is everyone still thoroughly enjoying this game? I played through FINALLY on my first character, and I think I completed every single quest in game along my chose quest line (joined dark brother hood, windhelm, and all optional side factions that did not conflict). I played through as an assassin style thief, and I think I'm going through again as a pure magic user.

Blood on the Ice Quest... fixed yet?

I was just wondering if anyone had read anything from Bethesda on whether or not they were working on fixing this questline...? I'm a completionist of sorts, and it's constantly gnawing at me that I can't get the house in Winterhold because of this dang glitch. Thanks in advance.

~Shad~

Deleted
    Can anyone tell me if it is possible to not remove or kill Balgruuf and leave Ulfric alive but still complete the civil war quest or get it out of the way by other means so I could buy the house in Windhelm? I've heard something about a Seasons Unending quest or something with a similar name but not sure how to start it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadgalaul View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone had read anything from Bethesda on whether or not they were working on fixing this questline...? I'm a completionist of sorts, and it's constantly gnawing at me that I can't get the house in Winterhold because of this dang glitch. Thanks in advance.

~Shad~
    I feel you man.
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim_talk:Blood_on_the_Ice This is a knowledgebase of some sort for this bug-riddled quest. I only play my releaseday save game of my warrior and I cannot start it through any conceivable way and do not intent to do another playthrough, so I am extremely frustrated. I tried console commands to make it start, I stole the key to the Hjerim house from one of the Shatter-Shields and found the crime scene, multiple visits in quick succession to Windhelm. In any case, I felt it would only jinx it more and had no effect whatsoever. It feels like a stain on my Redguard, who has achieved god status...
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadgalaul View Post

~Shad~
    Yeah that quest bugged like crazy for me, had to console command through a few of the middle parts to get it working again.

Us poor xbox users are stuck with important broken quests until its fixed...

I joined the hype train and bought Skyrim for Xbox two days ago. As much as I hate to say it, I'm not overly impressed. It's hard to pin-point what it is that I don't like about it though. I have only played one other Bethesda RPG before, Fallout 3, and that is easily one of my favourite games ever.

I think the problem I have with Skyrim is that it's almost too complex and vast for its own good. I feel alienated as a player because I sit there scratching my head wondering what the hell is going on and what I should do. The whole crafting/enchanting system was a confusing mess, and I eventually had to read online to get some grasp of how it worked. In addition, I feel like I'm just being bombarded with side quests left and right, making me extremely confused and almost making them all feel like chores.

Furthermore, I just don't think the game feels as epic as everyone claims. I have spent about 6 hours playing the game, and have killed my first dragon. Honestly, I still haven't come in a situation where the game felt truly epic, even the dragon battle just felt "meh".

However, by FAR the most frustrating thing is the lack of auto saving. On PC I guess it's better since you can quick save, but it's just infuriating on the Xbox version. I spent about 30 minutes trying to find my way up a mountain. Suddenly, out of fucking nowhere, a bear pops up and kills me in two hits. Wonderful, I gotta redo that whole thing, including getting another level and trading equipment with my companion.

Honestly, I doubt I'll even pick up the game again. I just can't bring myself to get invested in the world of Elder Scrolls, which is weird considering how much I loved Fallout.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    That'll teach y--- Nah, I can't do it.

I've never been a fan of other platforms than PC, but even I cannot bash at that right now. All I feel is sympathy for you. Let's hope the bugs are fixed soon, eh? =)

15+ Year Old Account
    I havent had too many quests break for me, and I am on Xbox as well. The Blood on the Ice quest is one of them. I fubarred it so I couldnt finish it because I though I could hold onto the necklace to sell later. Redid the quest and just sold it when appropriate and was able to finish it no problem.

Its not just Blood and Ice and the Thieves Guild quest for me. Its also the minor quest annoyances I can't work around without console commands. Quests not counting progress correctly. Not letting me turn in quests, or quests not showing up in my log after I take them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its not just Blood and Ice and the Thieves Guild quest for me. Its also the minor quest annoyances I can't work around without console commands. Quests not counting progress correctly. Not letting me turn in quests, or quests not showing up in my log after I take them.
    I understand. As I said though, I haven't encountered any quests bugging yet for me. Like I know a lot of people complained about Esbern's quest, where you have to find him in the Ratway. I had no problem with it. I guess I'm just lucky.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I understand. As I said though, I haven't encountered any quests bugging yet for me. Like I know a lot of people complained about Esbern's quest, where you have to find him in the Ratway. I had no problem with it. I guess I'm just lucky.
    It's mostly people with cracked versions who's having trouble with Esbern. But there's an update somewhere I believe for those cheapskates :P (An update that does'nt work with Steam because Steam already should've installed the update to fix it)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Same with me.. although I get a lot of non-game breaking bugs like the old tree in Whiterun not disappearing after they plant the new one and lot's of items that get stuck in the inventory as well as numerous quest that don't disappear from the journal after completing them or those that remain in the journal because I got them after completing the quests and it's not possible to do them any more. Like the "talk to Brynjolf about joining the thieves guild" although I'm the guild master there already:P

Oh yea, almost forgot about Skjor coming back from the dead suddenly after being killed by the Silver Hand and hanging around Jorvasskr, calling me a whelp:P
    Last edited by mmocdd0c32dcfc; 2012-01-12 at 09:10 AM.

Deleted
    This is ofcourse a fake, but it stirred a damn good laugh for me:

http://i.imgur.com/oFi96.jpg

I got skyrim for christmas and I am far into the game. So far only one downside. I am new to these kind of games and there isn't much tutorial. For example I made some perk choices in the start which I really regret now. I now play an archer with about 96 skill and all perks, but I also invested perk points into heavy armor and destruction which are kinda useless now, as I read that I should use light armor for achery and I never use magic spells So I either gotta accept these stupid choices or I use a console cheat to fix it. I wish they instructed better or had a way of respeccing like in WoW, but for a very very high cost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaen View Post
    I got skyrim for christmas and I am far into the game. So far only one downside. I am new to these kind of games and there isn't much tutorial. For example I made some perk choices in the start which I really regret now. I now play an archer with about 96 skill and all perks, but I also invested perk points into heavy armor and destruction which are kinda useless now, as I read that I should use light armor for achery and I never use magic spells So I either gotta accept these stupid choices or I use a console cheat to fix it. I wish they instructed better or had a way of respeccing like in WoW, but for a very very high cost.
    Well, the beauty of Skyrim, among other things, is the replay value. I think I had about three characters before I settled with my main archer. Archery is my favorite playstyle and I've had several kinds by now. (First one was a bit failure as I was getting used to the system like you. He also wore heavy armor and sneaking was unheard of xD). My second was more of a success, but he ended up with skill points again I was not happy with. My third was played as an 'evil' character and although I finally developed the archery/light armor/sneak combination I enjoyed, I rerolled to a 'good' character who is now my main. Most of them were stopped around level 25-30 to reroll a new archer character. My current is 40 and I'm very happy with him, aswell as keeping him. He's got just about 110 hours of playtime on him and I'm FAR from done enjoying the game on him.

So i'd really recommend you rerolled instead of simply wishing you could respec. Trust me, you'll find tonnes of new alternatives and things each time that makes you go "Oh! I'm glad I went X instead of Y this time as it made Z happen".

Don't want to start a new one right now to be honest. I just got to a point where I start feeling powerful.
    So here is my question, is it bad to wear heavy armor as a sneaking archer? I enter each dungeon in sneak mode and got the 3X dmg perk for sneaking. Is light armor so much better? I really like the looks of daedric heavy armor :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaen View Post
    Don't want to start a new one right now to be honest. I just got to a point where I start feeling powerful.
    So here is my question, is it bad to wear heavy armor as a sneaking archer? I enter each dungeon in sneak mode and got the 3X dmg perk for sneaking. Is light armor so much better? I really like the looks of daedric heavy armor :<
    It doesn't really matter if you get silence perk from sneak and have some fortify sneak gear.