1. Get Legendary Wuuthrad mod/175% Barbarian perk mod
    2. Enchant armour with 61% to two handed
    3. Set Alduin's health meter to 110,000
    4. Watch him go down like a sack of bricks
    5. ???
    6. Profit

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Going to wear cloth (w/mage armor), dual wield bound swords and have multiple minions. Filling nearly the entire tree for illusion/conjuration/alteration/one-handed, won't even touch destruction. Some points into restoration for necromage, enchanting to boost the effects on my cloth, and alchemy up to concentrated poison/benefactor (I'm assuming poisons work with bound weapons here...)

So I have yet to install any mods, and this being my first Elder Scrolls, I'm curious how they work. Is there an easy way to manage them? What are the chances my level 81.5 save blows up on me when I start messing around?
    Poisons do work with bound weapons. As for mods, Nexus Mod Manager is the Curse Client version for TES. My savegames did blow up at one point - though I am not sure it was caused by mods, so yes, it can always happen. Just like everything else in Murphy's world. They should be safe though. Just be sure to pick the ones with lots of endorsements (like +1s or thumbups).

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    1. Get Legendary Wuuthrad mod/175% Barbarian perk mod
    2. Enchant armour with 61% to two handed
    3. Set Alduin's health meter to 110,000
    4. Watch him go down like a sack of bricks
    5. ???
    6. Profit
    Why not just type /tgm or /kill and save 5 steps? If you like to cheat, might as well cheat all the way.

Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post

Why not just type /tgm or /kill and save 5 steps? If you like to cheat, might as well cheat all the way.
    Mod's ain't cheating, and the enchantments are technically legal. If anything, I'm just making the game harder. Fighting Alduin without adjusting his health meter was a friggin' joke...

Mod's ain't cheating...
    Depends on the mod. Mods that give you overpowered items or stats with no downside, like 175% barbarian perk (this perk you have is now multiple times stronger for no reason) or legendary wuuthrad (you can now make this weapon much more stronger than it was supposed to be) certainly are pure cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    Depends on the mod. Mods that give you overpowered items or stats with no downside, like 175% barbarian perk (this perk you have is now multiple times stronger for no reason) or legendary wuuthrad (you can now make this weapon much more stronger than it was supposed to be) certainly are pure cheating.
    Eh, Wuuthrad should have been the Infinity plus one Sword anyway. And at higher levels, dual wielding outclasses 2H so damn much it isn't even funny. In my view, this levels the playing field.

And honestly, it isn't really that much stronger than a fully upgraded Daedric warhammer. Which would outclass everything else in the game for a two hander in such a way that it makes you want to run over to Mehrunes Daegon and sodomize him with a butcher's knife.

Killed Alduin when i was lvl 14. Was quite disappointing and quitted Skyrim for a while, I felt like "I beat the game, nothing to do anymore." Anyway, good thing is that it wasnt the case, game is full of other fun stuff to do so I am back playing

Quote Originally Posted by Gámbller View Post
    Killed Alduin when i was lvl 14. Was quite disappointing and quitted Skyrim for a while, I felt like "I beat the game, nothing to do anymore." Anyway, good thing is that it wasnt the case, game is full of other fun stuff to do so I am back playing
    Best time to fight him is at 36, honestly. I did the ending quest at level 61.

Best time to fight him is at 36, honestly. I did the ending quest at level 61.
    Out of curiosity, how did you pick that number lol.

I didn't get to him until 81 because I was too busy doing over 9000 side quests/dungeon clears.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Out of curiosity, how did you pick that number lol.

I did him at 81 because I was too busy doing over 9000 side quests/dungeon clears.
    Wiki said 36.

61? By the time I was done with sidequests, I decided to just stop postponing it and just kill the motherfucker. Haming's father needed to be avenged.

Mod's ain't cheating, and the enchantments are technically legal. If anything, I'm just making the game harder. Fighting Alduin without adjusting his health meter was a friggin' joke...
    I must have misunderstood you then, I thought 'going down like a sack of bricks' meant super easy. Enchanting and smithing is stupid broken. On my 2H character, all I did was Deaderic sword and smithing without any potions or fortify smithing. My sword was at 120ish damage, which I thought was just nice. Battle with Alduin - though the encounter itself was pretty anti-climactic, too many companion tanks - wasn't faceroll.

Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

So, according to this tweet, we're getting the Creation Kit on Tuesday.

Can I get a FUS RO YEAH, everyone?!

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post

No because I'm on xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post

Ooh, excitement! I'm anticipating a LOT of really great mods that give completely new play experiences. Even without the CK some of the current mods are ambitiously awesome. Choices, choices.

Quote Originally Posted by umbra View Post
    so, according to this tweet, we're getting the creation kit on tuesday.

Can i get a fus ro yeah, everyone?!
    fus ro fuck yeah!

At my 6th char now, i'm having fun in creating builds who seems weak at start but then reveal themselves as very powerful ones.

5th char was a breton with heavy armor, shiled, and destruction magic - i has been fun to go around in robes for bonuses until i got enough enchanting to get an heavy armor equally viable. Damage output seems to be less than a pure mage (due to shiled i'm tied to single cast only) but it's hella fun to run to casters and bash them in tha face

Last char is following the monk archetype - no armor at all, only robes/dresses. And to make things more difficult, i've choosen to dual wiled to cut even more defense and deal more damage. Anyway some basic protection is required, so i'm going with Alteration magic for some additional defense.

Some hints and helps:
    - enchanting and smithing are OP as hell
    - magic sucks vanilla mode, go download the tSSSS mod asap
    - the game is good because you can add your own rules to the gameplay: Dead-is-dead, RP, must sleep everyday at least x hours, no fast travel and so on.
    - open console, write "set timescale to 6", enjoy

Last thing, since CK is coming out, looking really forward to this mod
    http://ktacreations.com/dragonboneWeapons_v03.jpg

This guy is awesome.

You know, I've always wondered why no Elder Scrolls let us export our characters. Sorta like in Neverwinter Nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    - magic sucks vanilla mode, go download the tSSSS mod asap
    What sucks about Vanilla magic? (I assume you mean destruction)

I used to think the same but lightning spells (especially chain lighting) are OP as hell once you get the stun perk and significant amount of reduced mana cost. With destruction potions they became even better and you can even hit dragons in air with them and stunlock them.
    Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    What sucks about Vanilla magic? (I assume you mean destruction)

I used to think the same but lightning spells (especially chain lighting) are OP as hell once you get the stun perk and significant amount of reduced mana cost. With destruction potions they became even better and you can even hit dragons in air with them and stunlock them.
    Mostly by comparison I guess. As melee combat becomes increasingly more powerful an expedient than magic.

You know, I've always wondered why no Elder Scrolls let us export our characters. Sorta like in Neverwinter Nights.
    I think it's due to the fact that Oblivion and Skyrim take 200 years apart from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayum View Post
    I think it's due to the fact that Oblivion and Skyrim take 200 years apart from each other.
    No, just within Skyrim itself for instance. After I'm don with the game on one character, I can play it again using the same character. With the same level but no equipment, for example. I dunno, maybe it's due to the Elder Scrolls being wide open sandbox games that would make such options redundant.