Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    No, just within Skyrim itself for instance. After I'm don with the game on one character, I can play it again using the same character. With the same level but no equipment, for example. I dunno, maybe it's due to the Elder Scrolls being wide open sandbox games that would make such options redundant.
    If you started out same level, it really would make the game dull. There are some games that just belong with that feature, e.g. Skyrim, and some that do, e.g. Mass Effect.

Is there a list of recommended mods somewhere?

And not one done by a stupid PC magazine who recommends stupid shit?
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Is there a list of recommended mods somewhere?

And not one done by a stupid PC magazine who recommends stupid shit?
    I recommend you just hit skyrim.nexusmods.com and start browsing.

I'm astounded by the amount of game-breaking bugs in this game. Mostly it's just a minor annoyance since I'm on the PC and can just setstage and stuff, but missing out cool scripted sequences is stupid. I just did the Forsworn questline, was so excited to see how it ends. What do you know? It doesn't end for me. Not unless I setstage, in which case I'd have completely missed out on a whole battle.

Not only that, I looked up uesp and the likes, and they have PAGES of buglist for that part of the quest alone. I lost all my quest items too, and setstage doesn't bring them back, which meant I could never complete all those unfinished quests I had. Patch 1.4 completely missed this quest line. le sigh.

Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    What sucks about Vanilla magic? (I assume you mean destruction)

I used to think the same but lightning spells (especially chain lighting) are OP as hell once you get the stun perk and significant amount of reduced mana cost. With destruction potions they became even better and you can even hit dragons in air with them and stunlock them.
    Vanilla magic still sucks compared to the damage a bow/sneak attack or a melee char deals - the fact is that the game is balanced around a stunlock + no mana cost fr spells that then hit like a wet noodle.

tSSSS just makes spells hit harder (and not like melee anyway) while you cannot achieve anymore infinite mana - way more fun, i suggest at least to try it. Impact is still OP, that's why i've left it behind.

Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    I recommend you just hit skyrim.nexusmods.com and start browsing.
    I'd rather not spend hours wading through the legions of HURR DURR I RECOLORED DEADRIC ARMOR and giant titty mods, thank you.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

I'd rather not spend hours wading through the legions of HURR DURR I RECOLORED DEADRIC ARMOR and giant titty mods, thank you.
    Those are the best kinds of mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Vanilla magic still sucks compared to the damage a bow/sneak attack or a melee char deals - the fact is that the game is balanced around a stunlock + no mana cost fr spells that then hit like a wet noodle.

tSSSS just makes spells hit harder (and not like melee anyway) while you cannot achieve anymore infinite mana - way more fun, i suggest at least to try it. Impact is still OP, that's why i've left it behind.
    Maybe if you would post link for that tSSSS, we could see how much better it is.

If we already have a few mods on, when the creation kit comes out, will we need to uninstall all the mods? Does anyone know how long it will take for modders to post mods to the Steam Workshop.... I wouldn't think it would take too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaaaaaaaan View Post
    If we already have a few mods on, when the creation kit comes out, will we need to uninstall all the mods? Does anyone know how long it will take for modders to post mods to the Steam Workshop.... I wouldn't think it would take too long.
    If I remember correctly from the preview, they said the old mods would still work. No need to uninstall them.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Hopefully there'll be a mod that will diversify the Call of Heroes shout. As much as I like Hakon and Felldir, it would be nice if the shout was more randomized to bring in others. Like Olaf One-Eye or Kodlak.

I'm having trouble lvling my alchemy, could anyone give me some tips?
    "The world is filled with lies! Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not steal. Thou shalt not bear false witness. Thou shalt not commit adultary. These are all lies, deceptions. I don't want to be killed. I don't want to be victim of theft. That is why they use lies like justice and moral to protect their weak selves. The original truth is the survival of the fittest. One must devour it all, wether it be other humans, wealth, power or the world itself! All hail Britannia!" - Charles vi Britannia

Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    I'm having trouble lvling my alchemy, could anyone give me some tips?
    1: Pick ANY flower you see. Flowers don't weigh much, but eventually they will (200 stacks of X mountainflower that just does'nt match your other stuffs)
    2: ALWAYS empty out the storage of local herbalists. You might not need what they have right now, but you might later!
    3: Rob the places if you're a thief. It'll look ugly when their shelves are empty, but by god some of the things they carry are hard to come by!
    4: Do not be affraid to eat your ingredients. Rule of thumb, if you don't OOC'ly know what a reagent does the first time you encounter one, eat it.
    5: Mix and match! Try to read through which of the potions you can make are worth most. The more the potion is worth, the more it sells for (Har har) and the more skill you get by brewing it!

- And that's essentially it. Also, don't be 100% sure that just because a herb/ingredient is valuable by itself, it'll make valuable potions and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    1: Pick ANY flower you see. Flowers don't weigh much, but eventually they will (200 stacks of X mountainflower that just does'nt match your other stuffs)
    2: ALWAYS empty out the storage of local herbalists. You might not need what they have right now, but you might later!
    3: Rob the places if you're a thief. It'll look ugly when their shelves are empty, but by god some of the things they carry are hard to come by!
    4: Do not be affraid to eat your ingredients. Rule of thumb, if you don't OOC'ly know what a reagent does the first time you encounter one, eat it.
    5: Mix and match! Try to read through which of the potions you can make are worth most. The more the potion is worth, the more it sells for (Har har) and the more skill you get by brewing it!

- And that's essentially it. Also, don't be 100% sure that just because a herb/ingredient is valuable by itself, it'll make valuable potions and vice versa.
    Ahh, well I already pick up everything I see but buying everything was a nice tip. I'm also a thief >: ) so number 3 works out just nicely, hehehe! Thanks.
    "The world is filled with lies! Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not steal. Thou shalt not bear false witness. Thou shalt not commit adultary. These are all lies, deceptions. I don't want to be killed. I don't want to be victim of theft. That is why they use lies like justice and moral to protect their weak selves. The original truth is the survival of the fittest. One must devour it all, wether it be other humans, wealth, power or the world itself! All hail Britannia!" - Charles vi Britannia

They got categories and a truckload of sorting options for that. It is actually rather fast and easy to find a bundle of really good mods that suit you exactly, and you can be sure it'll suits you better than any arbitary mod list put together by a third party.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Maybe if you would post link for that tSSSS, we could see how much better it is.
    Yeah sorry

Here's the link http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=2585 - as i said, nothing umbalanced imho. If by any chance someone doesn't like it, just unistall and the game would be back original

a note: before loading the mod, it's better to unequip any armor with spell school enchants then save and load the addon - to avoid issues

Does anyone know if there are any "gameplay changing"-transforms (like the vampire), or anything else that drastically changes gameplay other than just classes?

Skyrim DLC possibility: Thalmore trying to erase mankind from Tamriel?
    http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comme...source=message
    sorry if this was already brought up. SOO many pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yeah sorry

Here's the link http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=2585 - as i said, nothing umbalanced imho. If by any chance someone doesn't like it, just unistall and the game would be back original

a note: before loading the mod, it's better to unequip any armor with spell school enchants then save and load the addon - to avoid issues
    There's also a mod (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=3425) that makes all spell effects scale with skill. Now, the schools aside from destruction aren't that unbalanced, but hey, it is fully customizable, down to setiing different scaling factors to different schools or disabling scaling for any given school alltogether, or even making multiple skills (even non-magical) modify a single school.
    The FAQ on the explanation page is somewhat out fo date, so don't mind the enchantment problem. The fix is in the files. The customization is all in a single, easy-to-read .ini file you can open and edit with a notepad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any "gameplay changing"-transforms (like the vampire), or anything else that drastically changes gameplay other than just classes?
    Vampire has easier time sneaking and has one less frost resist enchant on his gear, replaced by a fire resist enchant. (you WILL build resist eventually, or be trashed by high level dragons/spellcasters). other that that, you just need to sneak up on a sleeping character every few game days, easily accomplished in imperial/stormcloack camps on the wounded. Not really a huge impact on gameplay.
    Werewolf isn't really anything special either; it is quite vulnerable to to spellcasters/dragonbreath and thus has a limited usefulness. You'll propably end up using it very rarely.
    No other transformations exist. Some artifacts cater specifically and powerfully to a certain playstyle, but won't really bring any new options to the table.

---------- Post added 2012-02-06 at 10:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garrikk View Post
    Skyrim DLC possibility: Thalmore trying to erase mankind from Tamriel?
    http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comme...source=message
    sorry if this was already brought up. SOO many pages.
    Oh goody, if there's one thing I love in Skyrim it has to bee a paralyzed thalmor agent I slowly cut up with a soultrapping dagger. One-handed can be a bit of a bitch to train when you're a sneaky character on master =P

In an new DLC, Bethesda will introduce the unthinkable; A LIKABLE THALMOR.

Because they're good at subverting expectations and ideas like that...