Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    i hate how linear it is up until the point of you get your shouts(the most awesome part of gameplay)

i wish you could easily respec your character so you dont have to go through it again. i guess you can in mods but it requires some console codes
    Skyrim and linear don't go in the same sentence.

The only real linear part is the tutorial. After that, you can go in whatever direction your heart desires.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    The only real linear part is the tutorial. After that, you can go in whatever direction your heart desires.
    well even in the starting quest u can choose to go with either the stormcloak guy or the legion rep and they can get you the starting quests for either faction

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Skyrim and linear don't go in the same sentence.
    The level scaling is extremely linear.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I'd be okay with someone changing the replacing the menu theme with this.

Has magic been fixed yet in a official patch? (mainly that old issue where destruction spells weren't scaling at higher levels) Or do I still need a mod to fix it? I went to a cave full of casters with my melee dude at level 25+ and they were insanely hard to kill. I play on normal (Adept?).

Also is there some large dungeon under Whiterun? I found a possible dungeon exit in a tower ruins just a bit outside the town to the east. It has a ledge with some cave entrance/exit or ladders down.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Also is there some large dungeon under Whiterun? I found a possible dungeon exit in a tower ruins just a bit outside the town to the east. It has a ledge with some cave entrance/exit or ladders down.
    That leads to Jovaskker, the companions place. Will not say any more.

Sooo, one thing that's been nagging me. The mage-looking tall guy in the Dark Brotherhood (Nazir, after checking) is voiced by the same guy that does one of the main voices in Fallout. Thinking about it now I'm wondering if it's the radio-guy three-dog. Can anyone confirm/deny? I've just heard his voice soooo many times, and as soon as I started talkto him (dark brotherhood guy) I got this picture of a black guy in fallout. Can't remember exactly who tho!

So, in short. Nazir = Three-dog?

Quote Originally Posted by Maliciouspriest View Post
    Sooo, one thing that's been nagging me. The mage-looking tall guy in the Dark Brotherhood (Nazir, after checking) is voiced by the same guy that does one of the main voices in Fallout. Thinking about it now I'm wondering if it's the radio-guy three-dog. Can anyone confirm/deny? I've just heard his voice soooo many times, and as soon as I started talkto him (dark brotherhood guy) I got this picture of a black guy in fallout. Can't remember exactly who tho!

So, in short. Nazir = Three-dog?
    Yes Nazir is voiced by the same actor who did Three Dog.

Been reading through this thread, and it seems I -have- to powerlevel enchanting and/or smithing... Now, I'm on my 2nd char (lvl 36 sneaky archer), and neither of my chars have levelled enchanting or smithing. Neither of my chars have had a hard time with gameplay either.

My very first thought on Skyrim was "meh, they made it just as breakable as morrowind and oblivion". Then I realized if I want to break the game and be OP I can do that. If I want to RP some pacifist healer I can do that too, with little to no drawbacks in gameplay.

I've always been the min/maxer in previous games, but now in skyrim i CBA. I could grind alchemy, make fortify enchanting pots, then enchant fortify alchemy gear, then make stronger fortify enchanting pots etc etc. I could then make ridiculously OP fortify smithing pots and make a silly 2-hander with some crazy fortify 2-H enchant on it. I could then 1-shot everything.

But WHY? Stand by a trainer and grind until everything becomes too easy, or actually playing the game? I'll play the game tyvm

I loved this game, but I felt the ending was a bit anti-climatic. Also, the game was a bit too easy for my taste.
    Still it was great fun exploring and killing. Not as fun as Fallout 3, but pretty close.

---------- Post added 2012-02-29 at 02:58 PM ----------

I play on normal (Adept?).
    It has difficulty settings? I hadn't even noticed, no wonder I thought it was too easy.

Has anybody tried rolling a Kajhiit fist-fighter? I'm finding that it's pretty easy if you level up your heavy armor, smithing, and shield skills. I currently have full upgraded Orcish Armor (at 81 in smithing and saving my resources to make Daedric armor), along with 60 in heavy armor, making my unarmed attacks do about 73 damage. It's gotten to the point where I can pummel my way through a bandit camp with very little resistance. Of course, that's on adept. If you want to survive on master you're going to need a shield with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    It leads to the underground cave 'neath the Skyforge where they force you to drink their AIDS infested werewolf cum.
    For starters, they don't force you (you can walk away and not continue the companions quests), and secondly, I'm pretty sure that's blood coming out of her wrist. And you're not saddled with lycanthropy for the rest of the game if you don't want it.
    Last edited by Grizzly Willy; 2012-02-29 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    Edit: It appears I can't figure how to upload screenies from steam on to imgur. Shame.
    Head into your Steam folder. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam, most likely.)
    Type "screenshots" into the Search field.
    Open up the first folder you find. It contains all of your screenshots.
    Proceed to upload as normal.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Has magic been fixed yet in a official patch? (mainly that old issue where destruction spells weren't scaling at higher levels) Or do I still need a mod to fix it? I went to a cave full of casters with my melee dude at level 25+ and they were insanely hard to kill. I play on normal (Adept?).
    Have they actually be broken? I own anything with my destruction tree at hardest game difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    Have they actually be broken? I own anything with my destruction tree at hardest game difficulty.
    A lot of people have themselves convinced that magic is broken or unbalanced because they can't master one tree and destroy everything in the game.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

im gonna make an assassin mage, what skill should i invest it, stealth, alteration, destruction and light armor are must haves what else?

Quote Originally Posted by Palapwn View Post
    im gonna make an assassin mage, what skill should i invest it, stealth, alteration, destruction and light armor are must haves what else?
    If you're going alteration you shouldn't go light armor. Alteration provides with spells like oakskin that provide you with more armor if you're not wearing any items that provide their own armor.

I think an assassination mage might do well with conjuration. The bound weapon skills it provides are far better than any items you can obtain early in the game. But if you go that route you'll see that you're not using destruction as much as you'd want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    Destruction in Skyrim is .. a bit inconsistent. I personally didn't like that NPC mages (even low level ones) have tons of magicka and can keep wards up for ages while kicking out tons of damage, while the Dragonborn's own magic damage output is vastly overshadowed by melee/archery.

Also didn't like that the spell damage didn't scale at all, with next-tier spells being completely different in form and function. I'd have preferred to have the magic damage scale, letting me choose which spell(s) best fit each situation rather that simply "cast the highest tier one 'cos it does the most damage."

Lack of mage-oriented enchant/blacksmithing options too.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    A lot of people have themselves convinced that magic is broken or unbalanced because they can't master one tree and destroy everything in the game.
    Most people only have a problem with destruction. When compared to even unexploited weapons, melee or ranged, the damage output is pitiful. Yes, you can easily stunlock an enemy and/or paralyze it and wail away until it dies, but against higher level opponents you could have used melee to defeat 20 of them in the time your master destruction takes care of one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    If you're going alteration you shouldn't go light armor. Alteration provides with spells like oakskin that provide you with more armor if you're not wearing any items that provide their own armor.
    Frankly, the armor spells are a joke when compared to a good set of actual armor you have a decent skill with, and armor doesn't need to be recast constantly, sometimes even middle of combat... Plus you can still get some boost out of armor spells even on top of your armor set. Maybe early game when you want to play mage and really need that extra regen from robes, but as soon as you can get some decent enchants of your own rolling... get some armor.

Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    Most people only have a problem with destruction. When compared to even unexploited weapons, melee or ranged, the damage output is pitiful. Yes, you can easily stunlock an enemy and/or paralyze it and wail away until it dies, but against higher level opponents you could have used melee to defeat 20 of them in the time your master destruction takes care of one.
    And against higher level enemies with a melee weapon you are going to be taking some hits so you need a high armor skill and/or a high block skill. Or with archery you'll need a decent sneak skill to get the drop on them and/or alchemy for poisons. And it's very likely both of these characters would have blacksmithing.

The problem with this entire ordeal is that people think they are comparing destruction with one/two-handed/archery, when in reality they are comparing a retarded mage who is only using destruction to a fully kitted out warrior.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014