Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    The path to your Skyrim folder should be C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim

Or C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim, depending. Point being, its in that path I mentioned starting in your steam folder.
    Awesome! Thanks for the quick response. Any idea on what might be going on with my graphic settings?
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for the quick response. Any idea on what might be going on with my graphic settings?
    Sadly, no idea. Sounds familiar to when I had a less than optimal graphics card, but I might just be remembering it wrong. When in doubt, reduce graphic quality. If it keeps happening even at lower qualities, it might be the game simply weirding out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Sadly, no idea. Sounds familiar to when I had a less than optimal graphics card, but I might just be remembering it wrong. When in doubt, reduce graphic quality. If it keeps happening even at lower qualities, it might be the game simply weirding out.
    Turns out it was something with the new video card drivers. I went to the previous version and everything was fixed. Not only that, I've been able to run the game at even higher settings without FPS drops with graphical improvement mods.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by PiOchagnon View Post
    I think they're going to work exactly like bows do.
    From what i hear the crossbow won't have a pullback like the bow does for increased damage but the reloading will take longer. They'd basically be on par and upto user preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    The DLC was highly lackluster. Being 81 you don't get access to any of the new vampire/werewolf perks and are forced to reroll if you want them. In terms of difficulty it was pretty much faceroll using my stealth archer/mage/rogue hybrid. I don't even have weapons or armor glitched out to the max and I found it too easy on master. There seemed to be lag issues when doing the wayshrine part of the quest. All in all I feel like it wasn't worth the money and I'm unlikely to buy another DLC for skyrim. Beth really needs to update their engine and smooth things out for the next elder scroll to even be considered as something I'd buy. Don't get me wrong, I love the story and adventure but it's just going downhill for me.
    I haven't played most of the DLC, as it's on my brother's XBox and my copy of Skyrim is on the PC, but if Vampire Lord perks are inaccessible to you at 81 then that's a glitch. If not, you didn't pay attention to the rules of being a Vampire Lord; you earn perks exclusively for Vampire Lord by killing enemies with your Vampiric Abilities — same with Lycanthropy.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone have a theory for where ES:VI will take place?

I have one, but my knowledge of the ES universe lore isn't the best (it's decent, but nothing compared to the WoW universe lore).
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    I haven't played most of the DLC, as it's on my brother's XBox and my copy of Skyrim is on the PC, but if Vampire Lord perks are inaccessible to you at 81 then that's a glitch. If not, you didn't pay attention to the rules of being a Vampire Lord; you earn perks exclusively for Vampire Lord by killing enemies with your Vampiric Abilities — same with Lycanthropy.
    Right. It's meant to be accessible to everybody regardless of your level. The only time you wouldn't be able to get anything out of the DLC is when you're under level 10 and unable to start it.

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post

I have one, but my knowledge of the ES universe lore isn't the best (it's decent, but nothing compared to the WoW universe lore).
    I wouldn't mind seeing it take place in a combination of Elseweyr and Valenwood. There's a mod for Oblivion that adds in the province of Elseweyr, though there wasn't much in it to do other than explore as far as I could tell. Blackmarsh and High Rock could be interesting, though I'm not sure if there would be enough land there to keep up with the expectations that Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim set up.
    Last edited by Grizzly Willy; 2012-07-03 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post

I have a theory, and I think the province has so much possibility right now that I honestly believe Bethesda would be foolish not to set the game there.

Elder Scrolls VI: Alinor/Dominion

Set in Summerset Isles, or Alinor as the Thalmor have named it, only a few years after Skyrim.

And here are some supporting reasons (I used to have a better list, I just can't find it)

1. The Aldmeri Dominion and the Thalmor received too much build up to be addressed in Skyrim DLC alone
    2. Summerset Isles is almost entirely unknown, and even with Elder Scrolls Online, a lot can happen in a few hundred years (if ESO is even canon, which I doubt), and this leaves them a fairly blank slate
    3. The Thalmor are already involved in many shady deals and could easily be at the heart of a crisis equal to the Daedric Invasion or Alduin.
    4. Even with how little we know about it, Summerset Isles could easily meet any requirement for types of dungeons:
    • Caves, Mines, and Bandit Camps are a given
    • Aldmer Ruins
    • Sload Ruins
    • Wizard Towers a plenty (on a related note, good tower dungeons were sadly missing Skyrim)
    • Maormer Camps/Caves/Forts/What-have-you
    5. A more 'High-Fantasy' setting than Skyrim or Oblivion, allowing it to be even more visually interesting.
    6. The Psijic Order of Artaeum could act as the Mages Guild, a counterpoint to the Mages Guild, or even a faction similar to the Blades (both Skyrim and Oblivion) in relation to the Main Quest.
    7. Since we know the Thalmor constantly do purges of dissidents in the dominion (and occasionally outside the Dominion) we know we have plenty of room for warring factions (either two different rebel groups, or the ability to join the Thalmor (if they aren't the main villains))

I swear the old one was ~12 points long.
    And as a point to address the issue that is always raised about this: most High Elves are not the assholes they're made out to be. The Thalmor are, but look at Sinderion, Legate Fasendil, Nurelion, Calcelmo, Taarie, Niranye, etc..., the majority are no different than anyone else.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

Deleted
    Hopefully the next game focuses on one of the non-human provinces as they strike me as the most elaborate and intriguing, both visually and in terms of their lore. Seeing two human provinces in a row bugged me a little, but at least it means the Imperials and Nords are largely done with for now and when we finally visit the other races, technology may have advanced to allow and even larger game than what we've seen so far.

Alternatively, playing from the perspective of the Thalmor could be pretty interesting. I like them a lot, since elves that persist as a threat to humanity are very rare in today's fantasy settings.

Found this mod last night, Yet to try it out due me deleting my characters to start over with mods and dawngaurd once its released. But it seems to be really good and adds a completly new style of play.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...56&searchtext=

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taenathal View Post
    Hopefully the next game focuses on one of the non-human provinces as they strike me as the most elaborate and intriguing, both visually and in terms of their lore. Seeing two human provinces in a row bugged me a little, but at least it means the Imperials and Nords are largely done with for now and when we finally visit the other races, technology may have advanced to allow and even larger game than what we've seen so far.

Alternatively, playing from the perspective of the Thalmor could be pretty interesting. I like them a lot, since elves that persist as a threat to humanity are very rare in today's fantasy settings.
    I could see Hammerfell being an interesting location while still within a human province. That said, I will agree that it would be nice to have a native population that isn't predominantly human.

I have a wishlist for what I'd want from the next ES game.

1. Vast OPEN world. As in no loading screens between zones. As in you can stroll into a dungeon and it'd still be part of the game world. This necessitates a huge upgrade in hardware.
    2. More immersive quests. More interesting quests. More puzzles etc. Skyrim was a step back from Oblivion in the questing experience.
    3. A better combat system. I want to be able to dodge duck dip dive and dodge away from enemy blows. I want to be able to properly parry attacks.
    4. Ability to equip multiple weapons and swap between them mid battle without having to pull up a menu. Probably something a mod can fix. Or something already in the game I don't know how to use.
    5. Greater variety of monsters/people.
    6. Have war scenes actually seem like war scenes. Invading Whiterun to overthrow Balgruuf sounds epic. Doing it with 4 fellow Stormcloaks? Yea no.
    7. Summerset Isle. Obliterate the Thalmor. They've been causing trouble for long enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    2. More immersive quests. More interesting quests. More puzzles etc. Skyrim was a step back from Oblivion in the questing experience.
    No it wasn't. Oblivion was fucking awful in many ways.

6. Have war scenes actually seem like war scenes. Invading Whiterun to overthrow Balgruuf sounds epic. Doing it with 4 fellow Stormcloaks? Yea no.
    Only the top 1% of gaming rigs would be able to run it, but it'd be worth it amirite?

Only two problems I have with your list.

Personally, I feel that that the first great blow dealt to the Thalmor should be in Skyrim DLC. The destiny between Nords and Elves is far too entwined and the hatred between them reaches back to the Early Days of the First Era. So the first part of the war should have the Nords take center stage.

Oblivion's quests were nothing to sing about, but they're quite a bit better when you compare them to Skyrim. Consider that Skyrim is the first one to be released on time without any delays (Oblivion was initially scheduled for 2005 and Morrowind for 2001). Naturally, were going to be some significant tradeoffs for that to happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Oblivion's quests were nothing to sing about, but they're quite a bit better when you compare them to Skyrim. Consider that Skyrim is the first one to be released on time without any delays (Oblivion was initially scheduled for 2005 and Morrowind for 2001). Naturally, were going to be some significant tradeoffs for that to happen.
    I'm curious, what's wrong with them? I find the main quest, the civil war and the Companions mostly entertaining.

Deleted
    I felt as if many of the faction quests were over pretty swiftly in Skyrim compared to how long and in-depth they were in Oblivion. The Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion was very satisfying, yet I found the Skyrim variant to be a step backwards. It was pretty sinister in Oblivion, yet pretty much every NPC involved in the faction in Skyrim ended up being a gimmick, considering how assassins are supposedly meant to go unnoticed.

I also liked how elaborate the Mages Guild was in Oblivion. You had to prove yourself in each city to gain entry to the main quest chain, yet in Skyrim you...fire a spell on the ground and suddenly you're trusted enough to carry the fate of Winterhold in your hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taenathal View Post
    I felt as if many of the faction quests were over pretty swiftly in Skyrim compared to how long and in-depth they were in Oblivion. The Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion was very satisfying, yet I found the Skyrim variant to be a step backwards. It was pretty sinister in Oblivion, yet pretty much every NPC involved in the faction in Skyrim ended up being a gimmick, considering how assassins are supposedly meant to go unnoticed.
    Agreed in that Oblivion's Dark Brotherhood was by and large superior (but I've never see the appeal of the Brotherhood in the games, anyway. Mostly cause I don't go for the stealthy assassin stuff so meh). But if you're arguing that the mostly forgettable characters of the Oblivion chain being leagues better than those in Skyrim, I'd have to disagree. All the characters aside from Lucien LaChance were mostly the same archetype of 'sickening lovey-dovey assassin who's disposition is at odds with their line of work'. The Skyrim incarnation mostly have some semblance of character -- Astrid's control freak tendencies and rampant insecurity, Cicero's insanity, Ambjorn's lust for combat. It was a step up from Oblivion; how much is one's own opinion. But three colourful characters is an improvement over merely one in Oblivions.

I also liked how elaborate the Mages Guild was in Oblivion. You had to prove yourself in each city to gain entry to the main quest chain, yet in Skyrim you...fire a spell on the ground and suddenly you're trusted enough to carry the fate of Winterhold in your hands.
    To be fair, some people found that monotonous. During the Winterhold quest chain, you prove yourself as a capable as you ingratiate yourself into the college itself. It's generally a more organic way of rising through the ranks, rather than having to do the same basic thing to every Mage's College in every county of Cyrodiil.

Yes, the faction quests weren't very in-depth and were over when you felt like you were just getting started. I first noticed something just felt really off when the Silver Hand was just a faceless, one-dimensional bandit faction. Also if you dig around in the CK/game files you'll notice the civil war quest line was meant to be a lot bigger. Every city was supposed to have its own big invasion event, including smaller ones like Winterhold. Instead you just capture some far away hold and suddenly the whole region is yours. It's clear they had to cut a lot of corners just to make the November release date.

I'd also be willing to bet there were supposed to be quests involving the Vigilants of Stendarr (aside from the small cameo in a daedric quest). They have their own headquarters and a leader, but they merely exist without any real purpose in the game.

In addition, I have also found several references to an arena in Windhelm while rummaging through the Creation Kit. Most likely it was going to be like the arena in Oblivion, but ended up being cut from the game.
    Last edited by Lazy Gecko; 2012-07-04 at 02:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Yes, the faction quests weren't very in-depth and were over when you felt like you were just getting started. I first noticed something just felt really off when the Silver Hand was just a faceless, one-dimensional bandit faction. Also if you dig around in the CK/game files you'll notice the civil war quest line was meant to be a lot bigger. Every city was supposed to have its own big invasion event, including smaller ones like Winterhold. Instead you just capture some far away hold and suddenly the whole region is yours. It's clear they had to cut a lot of corners just to make the November release date
    Exactly how enemy factions in all Elder Scrolls games have been portrayed, the Blackwood Company in Oblivion and the enemies of Morrowind. Why is Skyrim singled out in this respect? At least the Silver Hand has the overreaching theme of basically being well-intentioned in its werewolf hunting and Aela and Skjor are a bunch of arrogant jerks enthralled to a Daedric Lord, which gives the Companions more depth than the Fighter's Guilds of both preceding games ever did.

And honestly, if we just had to violently invade every city, it would have just gotten even more repetitive. With the taking away of various strategically important fortresses you basically take away the brunt of military protection that hold had and route the CW faction from the area. I don't know if you've noticed, but the cities of Skyrim are pretty small with only Windhelm, Solitude and Markarth as the exceptions. Taking away the base of operation for their military and not to mention everything else you'd have done would pretty much had left them in no shape to defend themselves.

I'd also be willing to bet there were supposed to be quests involving the Vigilants of Stendarr (aside from the small cameo in a daedric quest). They have their own headquarters and a leader, but they merely exist without any real purpose in the game.
    As of Dawnguard they've been slaughtered just to show fearsome the Volkihar are; maybe they were just there to add flavor to the world.

Deleted
    I don't think city invasions would have gotten repetitive. The developers could have quite easily added flavour based on the various factions operating in the area. In regards to Winterhold, for example, political depth could have been added by having the college defend Winterhold itself to both prevent it from coming under the control of both the Stormcloaks or the Imperial Legion as well as earning the trust of the locals who harbour such suspicion for them. Actually losing a battle and having to retreat in a particular region would have been pretty interesting, instead of mysteriously being able to single-handedly solve every problem you come across in the game world.

That's not to say the game is terrible, but it was sorely lacking in terms of consequences. If you beat someone up or kill their relatives, you can still make them into your best friend by completing a favour for them which they still offer even after you've done something horrible to them. Previous titles had much more risk involved with such things, as it should. If you get involved in shady business in a setting that prides itself on immersion, then there should be real drawbacks.
    Last edited by mmoc454417f773; 2012-07-04 at 03:16 PM.