Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Is a Archer build viable ?

What do you do when the bandits come running at you? I only played mage so far, and when the enemies rush me I can still throw some fireballs while running.
    But with the archer it`s very difficult...
    Archer is Totally Viable. Try to focus on Sneak attacks, when spotted run away/slip into the shadows. Use arrows as a distraction to break camps. Crossbow makes more noise than a bow but is base slightly stronger.

But Yeah Archer, I love the Archer playstyle... did it in oblivion too.

Is it just me or does vampire lord suck?

Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    Is it just me or does vampire lord suck?
    Only thing that sucks about them is forced third person. Otherwise, I use him often.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    One of my favourite homes! I tend to use it for my sneak characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    That is the coolest looking door in the history of doors....
    Thanks for your comments guys. I'm glad someone is enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Only thing that sucks about them is forced third person. Otherwise, I use him often.
    I found that my regular character was much better, unlike the werewolf ...

Sry if repost but most epic mod ever:
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20797

Still no word on how to get http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18997 to work. I download it using NMM but the download fails at ~95% every time. I have SKSE and Monster Mod version 8 and REALLY want to enjoy this mod.

Also: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=80879735 + http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...74&searchtext= = Grade A Badass.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Xenogeist View Post
    Thanks for your comments guys. I'm glad someone is enjoying it.
    No problem, It's always great to hear from authors of mods

I've recently begun playing around with the SCK trying to get a understanding of things.

I am a little late to the party, but I am starting to think this game is overrated.. I got bored within 2 days, I think I am level 7ish. I did the magic quests and a few thieves guild quests and it just seems like too much work.. my character feels weak too.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    I am a little late to the party, but I am starting to think this game is overrated.. I got bored within 2 days, I think I am level 7ish. I did the magic quests and a few thieves guild quests and it just seems like too much work.. my character feels weak too.
    Of course your character feels weak, he's level 7...

I didn't like the game that much to begin with, the main story is god awful to best honest. Never play it. But there's so much to do in the game, that's what fun to me. Sure, it's mostly dungeon crawling but the quests are interesting enough to keep me playing.

The game is DEFINITELY overrated though. People are already putting it on "best game of all time" pedestals and other nonsense. I personally liked Morrowind and Oblivion more.

Quote Originally Posted by 0mni View Post
    The game is DEFINITELY overrated though. People are already putting it on "best game of all time" pedestals and other nonsense. I personally liked Morrowind and Oblivion more.
    Agreed, It's a good game but I won't say its best game of the year let alone all time worthy. The only reason I really continue to play is because I love archery/spell casting and find it fun in skyrim and the mods keep things new/fresh.

I wish someone would do a TRUE combat overhaul. Not just some changes to weapon mechanics. Something like being able to do barrel rolls for dodging attacks or slice and dice type of two hand strikes that are really quick. Basically changing the combat system to be more like an action RPG like Kingdoms of Amalur.

Also, I finally got monster mod to work. Pretty cool and all but not amazazing. What IS amazazing though is Santum of the Fallen. I went in 20 levels early and died repeatedly after the first room. And it was GLORIOUS. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19913
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

The Unstoppable Force Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 0mni View Post
    That's their opinion, one I happen to share. Skyrim is, in my opinion, one of the best games I've ever played (It's among my top 5). It's not nonsense; it's an opinion. You don't like it much? Well, you have different tastes.

I just love the wide open world, the ability to dick around and do whatever the hell you want. I don't care that the main quest is "meh," the game is not about the main quest.
    They ask me why I'm bringin' - A baby into battle - That's really irresponsible - And getting them rattled
    I say "give me a break - Get off of my back damn, it" - I didn't learn parenting - My daddy was a planet

short question guys:

I have some gloves that give me +10% dmg if I use bows. Do you know if that bonus applies to x-bows too ?
    thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    short question guys:

I have some gloves that give me +10% dmg if I use bows. Do you know if that bonus applies to x-bows too ?
    thank you.
    Yes, it applies to crossbows too, so do all of the Archery perks.

i think skyrim is a little outdated on release and riddled with bugs, but i think people like it for the concept. it allows any mods you want, DRM is not bad and you can play any way you want. many players complain about this in games like diablo 3 and others
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Guys I'm pretty sure dragons flying upside down just says all about how great a game is.
    Hey everyone

The Unstoppable Force Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Guys I'm pretty sure dragons flying upside down just says all about how great a game is.
    Never seen that one.
    They ask me why I'm bringin' - A baby into battle - That's really irresponsible - And getting them rattled
    I say "give me a break - Get off of my back damn, it" - I didn't learn parenting - My daddy was a planet

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Never seen that one.
    Look closer.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Yes, it really does. It says that despite the overall seriousness of the game, the bugs it has only add a new dimension to it's atmosphere. One that's light hearted and even more entertaining. Honestly, I don't think I would enjoy the game as much if it didn't have the random awesome glitches. As long as it's not game breaking, 'tis not just ok, 'tis good.

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 04:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    Yes, it applies to crossbows too, so do all of the Archery perks.
    Except quick shot. Nothing seems to be effecting the reload time for crossbows for me. Even mods that are supposed to have crossbows that "reload faster" have no such thing. I'd go back to using bows but the daedric and dragon crossbows are just so much powerful that I'm gimping myself pretty bad not using them playing on Master with a bunch of difficulty increasing mods.