15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the replies. That makes the choice a little easier. Didn't want to go down a bad path.

Might go stormcloaks since the idea of a rebellion is appealing. The racism is a little weird but I'm playing a Nord so I guess it fits

I did stormcloak side once, but never after that. I always pick imperials. Why? I think Ulfric and his friends are jerks. Compared to them the imperial general (can't remember the name) just seems to take things much more casually and sounds much more sensible.

Down with the stormcloaks!

10+ Year Old Account
    I did like Tulius better than Ulfric. He was the typical gruff military CO, whereas Ulfric comes off as arrogant and jerkish. Legate Rikhe is better than Ulfric's second in command as well. A lot less war mongering.

15+ Year Old Account
    Odd you guys say that because I get the impression that he's a reluctant warrior. I just played up to the point where you attack Whiterun and have the Jarl surrender. It's almost as if he was pushed into conflict from his number 2. Maybe he get's more arrogant in the future but I like him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, I've only done the Empire's side of the quests, so your perception of the Stormcloaks may differ. I mean, from what I've heard Ulfric is pretty fair to his enemies later on.
    Last edited by Grizzly Willy; 2012-08-25 at 01:05 AM.

I found Ulfric to be thoughtful as well. I actually liked him better than Tulius. Tulius was just a guy more or less being ordered to fufill his duty. Ulfric had a past and felt like a richer character.

i wanted to like the stormcloaks... i really did... but i just can't get passed their racism. it just... bothers me. like, the first thing i was greeted with when i went to join the stormcloaks were two guys harassing a dark elf woman... not a good first impression >.>... i was delighted when i found out i could beat the guy up though!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    i wanted to like the stormcloaks... i really did... but i just can't get passed their racism. it just... bothers me. like, the first thing i was greeted with when i went to join the stormcloaks were two guys harassing a dark elf woman... not a good first impression >.>... i was delighted when i found out i could beat the guy up though!
    It might have something to do with all the murders in windhelm too. not sure. I haven't got that far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    His brother is Ulfric`s second in command, no wonder he acts like pompous jerk.

Lets just say that there was an explosive accident when he tried to sleep in his bed.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2012-08-25 at 02:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Driving the Imperials out of Skyrim sounded like a great idea at first, but I threw that out the window because it seems that would only help the Dominion in the end. Present day Nords just don't have the unity and strength of the old Nords.

10+ Year Old Account
    I generally go Stormcloak if I play a Nord. It just seems right. Otherwise, For the Empire!

Oh and some interesting trivia, General Tullius is voiced by Mike Hogan, who plays Saul Tigh in Battlestar Galactica. He is also in Mass Effect 2/3 as Captain/Commander Bailey and the doctor in FNV, which surprises me because I didn't recognize his voice that time.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2012-08-25 at 11:17 PM.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Oh and some interesting trivia, General Tullius is voiced by Mike Hogan, who plays Saul Tigh in Battlestar Galactica. He is also in Mass Effect 2/3 as Captain/Commander Bailey and the doctor in FNV, which surprises me because I didn't recognize his voice that time.
    Awesome, good to know. Lot's of good voice acting for the actual characters. Some are just absurd though.

Quote Originally Posted by raist474 View Post
    Driving the Imperials out of Skyrim sounded like a great idea at first, but I threw that out the window because it seems that would only help the Dominion in the end. Present day Nords just don't have the unity and strength of the old Nords.
    my hope is that either in an expansion or in the next game we'll drive the dominion out of skyrim and the empire and take the fight to then. Maybe TES: Summerset Isle? ohhhhh

10+ Year Old Account
    Could have a similar story line to the civil war in Skyrim. Either join the Dominion and repel the Empire's advances, or join the Empire and crush the Dominion. What would be cool is if they went the Mass Effect route and loaded in save data regarding who you helped, so you could start with either a united human empire, or have to go and reunite the Imperials, Nords, and Redguards. Doubt they have the ability to do that, though, and I have to imagine that doing so would add even more complexity to an already massive set of systems working together.
    Last edited by Grizzly Willy; 2012-08-26 at 01:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Could have a similar story line to the civil war in Skyrim. Either join the Dominion and repel the Empire's advances, or join the Empire and crush the Dominion. What would be cool is if they went the Mass Effect route and loaded in save data regarding who you helped, so you could start with either a united human empire, or have to go and reunite the Imperials, Nords, and Redguards. Doubt they have the ability to do that, though, and I have to imagine that doing so would add even more complexity to an already massive set of systems working together.
    Yeah, that works in ME because ME is still more or less linear with a few branches, but TES is too open world for that sort of thing.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    I was just enjoying some of the comments, Skelly the skeleton dragon falling out of the sky, giants bashing people into orbit with their clubs etc. The best glitch for me was Aela from the companions, for some reason she wouldn't stop talking to me and I had to keep pressing tab to get out of the dialogue menu before I could run away so she was out of ear shot. Was walking in the woods on the way to some dungeon or some such and she started going on and on and then unannounced, a giant just pummelled her into the ground with one deadly swing of his club on her head. That shut her right up. After that back in Whiterun I used the hug mod and she fell down dead after I hugged her and her lifeless body slid down a flight of stairs!

Deleted
    On the topic of Skyrim, I have a question, I'm wondering if anyone knows the answer to. I was thinking of getting the Dawnguard expansion, however I have a Vampire character (not Vampire Lord - just with the regular 4 stage disease). Am I still able to join the Dawnguard faction as a level 1 vampire, or will they automatically detect me and bar me from joining? I haven't decided who to side with, I'm just curious and can't seem to find any answers via google.

Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    On the topic of Skyrim, I have a question, I'm wondering if anyone knows the answer to. I was thinking of getting the Dawnguard expansion, however I have a Vampire character (not Vampire Lord - just with the regular 4 stage disease). Am I still able to join the Dawnguard faction as a level 1 vampire, or will they automatically detect me and bar me from joining? I haven't decided who to side with, I'm just curious and can't seem to find any answers via google.
    You will have to join them anyway to start, you decide later where will you stay so i guess that if you are stage 1 they wont notice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You will have to join them anyway to start, you decide later where will you stay so i guess that if you are stage 1 they wont notice.
    That would be good if true. I like having vampirism, but I'm not sure which suits me or if I want to get a cure for it to join Dawnguard.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't test you right away. Only after you decide who to join, and subsequently after doing the quest for the Dawnguard where you have to recruit two people, do they test you. If you fail the test you'll be given a quest to go to Morthal to cure your vampirism.