10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer heavy armor mostly because it looks cooler, as well as the fact that the Ebony Mail chest piece is heavy armor, so I wear Ebony armor to complete the set. Well, that and a dragon priest mask. Works well with my anti-mage, since I can just run up to mages and passively damage them while spamming destruction spells thanks to them constantly refilling my magicka.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    it's not because we would be leaving skyrim, but because the war with the elves is a huge thing in the elder scrolls lore. man has been fighting with elves since the beginning of elder scrolls. the end of that battle will be one of the biggest events in elder scrolls.
    Then they were fighting in Oblivion too but it wasn't so much the case. All the DLC would entail would be returning power to humans in their respective regions and allowing Cyrodiil to once again be ruled solely by Imperials.

I still think it could be done in the scope of Skyrim. I will admit though that it would be an enormous project probably bigger than dawnguard, dragonborn and shivering isles combined.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's bigger than those three combined, I would expect it to be a standalone product. Shivering Isles was huge by itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Then they were fighting in Oblivion too but it wasn't so much the case. All the DLC would entail would be returning power to humans in their respective regions and allowing Cyrodiil to once again be ruled solely by Imperials.

I still think it could be done in the scope of Skyrim. I will admit though that it would be an enormous project probably bigger than dawnguard, dragonborn and shivering isles combined.
    I respect your point however you really should start to think about it a bit more logically. As others have already stated numerous times on the last few pages a DLC featuring the war with the Aldmeri and other Elves would be far too big for a Skyrim DLC, this is fact. If Bethesda want´s to deal with that topic properly then the only way to go is "The Elder Scrolls: Summerset Isles" !!

There is no way to deal with that big war in a single DLC. To be honest Skyrim is more about the Dragonborn than the Elves, it is merely leading up to a war with them (Stormscales). A DLC that deals with the Elves would be way too halfarsed and bad and would probably leave way too many holes.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 09:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    If it's bigger than those three combined, I would expect it to be a standalone product. Shivering Isles was huge by itself.
    Yeah that would probably be the best solution. A whole new TES game featuring Summerset Isles and the Aldmeri. With that Bethesda is able to deliver that huge topic properly and without scrapping too much like they would have to do in a DLC (size limit and stuff)

does anyone know if valerica reacts to serana curing herself? kinda silly if she doesn't lol

The thing is the ES games always seem to be set hundreds if not thousands of years apart from each other. If the Thalmor weren't defeated in Skyrim it would effectively mean the Dragonborn did nothing to end that war and let the rest of Tamreil be oppressed for another few hundred years until another hero came along to finish that job.

From a game development point of view and how large the story arc is I definitely understand where you folks are coming from and agree that's what Bathesda probably thinks of it as well. It's just this is how I hope they'd address it.

The Civil War seems to be just as big in Skyrim as the return of the dragons so I would at least like to see the beginning of the start of that war with the Dragonborn helping the side he chose (imperial or stormcloak) to oust the Thalmor from Skyrim.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 05:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    does anyone know if valerica reacts to serana curing herself? kinda silly if she doesn't lol
    Valerica is Serana's mother right? I couldn't be arsed to go back into the Soul Cairne again after I was done with Dawnguard. I'm playing another sneak character with a lot of mods like Skyrim redone so I might revisit it and see.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-11-12 at 05:20 PM.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

i took serana to her and she did nothing. that's kinda lame, i was hoping she would be all omgwtfbbq :/

I know it's the lull between DLC's but this thread needs to be kept alive!

Talk about mods, new quests, compatibility, character builds etc. SOMETHING.

On my end, I wish the perk system was refined in some way. I feel like things in the perk trees should be baseline so that perks actually feel like perks. You should be able to smith whatever you want as long as you have the materials. Smithing perks should allow you to make better versions etc. Some perks can be consolidated like pick pocketing, sneak and lock smithing. Things like faster movement and nocking speed as a marksman should be baseline as melee don't have to suffer from super clunky play until high levels. Magic can do with a removal of the perks that reduce mana cost and perks that actually make the play style more interesting. Even Skyrim redone mod doesn't address these concerns.

Also, dive rolling (outside of sneak mode) needs to be added to the game to make combat more interesting and seamless.

I need to learn how to mod.

Also, dive rolling (outside of sneak mode) needs to be added to the game to make combat more interesting and seamless.
    That sir needs to be added, It would greatly add to the defensive capabilities of none sword and board builds, and actually give some defense to DW builds.

Deleted
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20923

Is actually on the SkyRe suggested mods

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20923

Is actually on the SkyRe suggested mods
    That mod looks neither seamless nor interesting. It's like a slight twitch in any direction. I want the dive roll stealth ability to be usable while standing up. Distance and all also usable while strafing and back peddaling.

I'll try it out though and see how it feels.

P.S. I'm still looking for that mod that adds the bard bear spell.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-11-15 at 07:10 AM.

Deleted
    That mod looks neither seamless nor interesting. It's like a slight twitch in any direction. I want the dive roll stealth ability to be usable while standing up. Distance and all also usable while strafing and back peddaling.

I'll try it out though and see how it feels.
    Well, the mod page says you can do it side to side and stuff too, not tried it myself, just remember seeing it.
    The stealth roll looks really silly in 3rd person too

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Well, the mod page says you can do it side to side and stuff too, not tried it myself, just remember seeing it.
    The stealth roll looks really silly in 3rd person too
    It does and it makes me sad modders haven't looked into making it smoother and just making combat a lot more interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    I wish Heavy armor wasn't completely outclassed by Light armor once you hit the cap. Anyone knows any mod for this?
    SkyRe does this I believe, it also changes blacksmithing so that you need to invest much more perks to be able to bring light armors up to the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Centerra View Post
    SkyRe does this I believe, it also changes blacksmithing so that you need to invest much more perks to be able to bring light armors up to the cap.
    The fact that you can't even craft leather armor without the perks is really annoying. Never mind that half the perks in the marksman tree on skyrim redone necessitate that you have smithing perks if you wanna roll with crossbows.

Deleted
    Just adds immersion imo , although I'm ignorant of the crossbow stuff as I haven't bothered with dawnguard yet. But the extra play options Skyre open up really add alot to the game for me, valid hand to hand, fencing style swordplay, balanced magic, all got me back from being bored of skyrim.

Deleted
    The fact that you can't even craft leather armor without the perks is really annoying. Never mind that half the perks in the marksman tree on skyrim redone necessitate that you have smithing perks if you wanna roll with crossbows.
    I think that's just the bolts, which you can find from enemies/guards
    I get plenty of bolts from dead guards with Deadly Dragons too
    Don't think you need (many at least) perks to craft the basic bolts from Dawnguard.
    Deadly Dragons seriously makes me run for cover sometimes... spawning 3 buffed dragons at a time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Ahoi pepz, I'm having some annoying bugs that I can't seem to find any freaking way to fix.

1- Alt+Tab, everytime I do it, I can’t go back to the game. All I get is a black screen with borders… can still hear game sounds.
    2- Can’t see underwater, every time I dive the screen becomes gray-ish.
    3- Glitchy shadows, I already tried to change some option in the config file & use some mods, yet I can’t see to fix or just get rid of them completely =(

Any ideas? =P
    Do you have this?
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19

Ahoi pepz, I'm having some annoying bugs that I can't seem to find any freaking way to fix.

1- Alt+Tab, everytime I do it, I can’t go back to the game. All I get is a black screen with borders… can still hear game sounds.
    3- Glitchy shadows, I already tried to change some option in the config file & use some mods, yet I can’t see to fix or just get rid of them completely =(

Any ideas? =P
    1- Just alt tab one more time.
    2- Install this: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/14007. After you install it the waters around you will still be bugged. Go somewhere far away and test it.
    3- I have no idea.

Deleted

Any ideas? =P
    For the alt tab thing, this happens to me. If I alt tab out, and then maximise Skyrim, it's totally black, but then, when you're on the maximised black-screen, if you alt tab again and cycle through a full cycle of all your windows to the skyrim window a second time (so you're basically tabbing into skyrim, from skyrim) then it comes back for me. Don't know if that will help for you.