Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Well, the mod page says you can do it side to side and stuff too, not tried it myself, just remember seeing it.
    The stealth roll looks really silly in 3rd person too
    It does and it makes me sad modders haven't looked into making it smoother and just making combat a lot more interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    I wish Heavy armor wasn't completely outclassed by Light armor once you hit the cap. Anyone knows any mod for this?
    SkyRe does this I believe, it also changes blacksmithing so that you need to invest much more perks to be able to bring light armors up to the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Centerra View Post
    SkyRe does this I believe, it also changes blacksmithing so that you need to invest much more perks to be able to bring light armors up to the cap.
    The fact that you can't even craft leather armor without the perks is really annoying. Never mind that half the perks in the marksman tree on skyrim redone necessitate that you have smithing perks if you wanna roll with crossbows.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"

Just adds immersion imo , although I'm ignorant of the crossbow stuff as I haven't bothered with dawnguard yet. But the extra play options Skyre open up really add alot to the game for me, valid hand to hand, fencing style swordplay, balanced magic, all got me back from being bored of skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    The fact that you can't even craft leather armor without the perks is really annoying. Never mind that half the perks in the marksman tree on skyrim redone necessitate that you have smithing perks if you wanna roll with crossbows.
    I think that's just the bolts, which you can find from enemies/guards
    I get plenty of bolts from dead guards with Deadly Dragons too
    Don't think you need (many at least) perks to craft the basic bolts from Dawnguard.
    Deadly Dragons seriously makes me run for cover sometimes... spawning 3 buffed dragons at a time.

Ahoi pepz, I'm having some annoying bugs that I can't seem to find any freaking way to fix.

1- Alt+Tab, everytime I do it, I can’t go back to the game. All I get is a black screen with borders… can still hear game sounds.
    2- Can’t see underwater, every time I dive the screen becomes gray-ish.
    3- Glitchy shadows, I already tried to change some option in the config file & use some mods, yet I can’t see to fix or just get rid of them completely =(

Any ideas? =P

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Ahoi pepz, I'm having some annoying bugs that I can't seem to find any freaking way to fix.

1- Alt+Tab, everytime I do it, I can’t go back to the game. All I get is a black screen with borders… can still hear game sounds.
    3- Glitchy shadows, I already tried to change some option in the config file & use some mods, yet I can’t see to fix or just get rid of them completely =(

Any ideas? =P
    Do you have this?
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19

Any ideas? =P
    1- Just alt tab one more time.
    2- Install this: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/14007. After you install it the waters around you will still be bugged. Go somewhere far away and test it.
    3- I have no idea.

Any ideas? =P
    For the alt tab thing, this happens to me. If I alt tab out, and then maximise Skyrim, it's totally black, but then, when you're on the maximised black-screen, if you alt tab again and cycle through a full cycle of all your windows to the skyrim window a second time (so you're basically tabbing into skyrim, from skyrim) then it comes back for me. Don't know if that will help for you.
    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

Currently playing: No MMOs | Diablo 3 | LoL | Hex TCG | Hearthstone
    Steam | Twitter

Pit Lord
    Alt+Tab then Shift+Alt+Tab to move left (back) through the list.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Yeah, alt-tab thing is annoying as hell, but I managed to live with it. As mentioned above, just alt tab back to it again and it should solve it. Another thing to note is before you do alt tab, make sure to open inventory or just press ESC for options before doing it. By doing this, you will avoid the mouse glitch which can pop occasionally when you press alt-tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Demidov View Post
    Yeah, alt-tab thing is annoying as hell, but I managed to live with it. As mentioned above, just alt tab back to it again and it should solve it. Another thing to note is before you do alt tab, make sure to open inventory or just press ESC for options before doing it. By doing this, you will avoid the mouse glitch which can pop occasionally when you press alt-tab.
    Ohh, I didn't know that avoided the mouse glitch. Thanks, that's been annoying me
    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

Currently playing: No MMOs | Diablo 3 | LoL | Hex TCG | Hearthstone
    Steam | Twitter

For the alt+tab, it USED to work. After reinstalling the gamae couple of weeks back, alt+tab'ing back to the game won't fix it, it's still a dark screen with borders.

The water, fixed it by switching a value in the configs. xD

As for the shadows.... it's the most annoying thing ever really >.<

Might as well add the extremely generic build I used for Dawnguard.

Name: Hand of Akatosh/Auriel
    Profile: Snow elven culture has nearly vanished from Tamriel. You took up the duties of a Knight-Paladin in an effort to spread the word of Auriel back throughout Skyrim.
    Race: Any except Nord, Khajiit, Orc and Argonian
    Class Archetype: The Ranger + The Paladin
    Morality: Good
    Perks: *= 1 to 4 perk points . **= 5 to 8 perk points. ***= Over 8 perk points. N/A= No perk points.
    Destruction: N/A
    Restoration: **
    Alteration: **
    Heavy Armor: N/A
    Blocking: **
    Two-Handed: N/A
    One-Handed: ***
    Archery: ***
    Light Armor: ***
    Sneak: *
    Lockpicking: N/A
    Pickpocket: N/A
    Speech N/A
    Illusion: *
    Conjuration: N/a
    About Crafting. Take them however you like. They're game-breaking no matter your build, so it's up to you how much you want.

Armor: Ancient Falmer set, Auriel's Shield
    Weaponry: Auriel's Bow, One-handed Maces or Dawnbreaker. Never use blood arrows.

Factions: Join the Dawnguard. Destroy the Dark Brotherhood. Fight for the Empire in the civil war.

Recommended Mods:
    3rd person dual wield animation fix: if dual wielding.
    Dual wield Parrying: Also if dual wielding.
    Any no helmet mod: due to the lack of a helmet in the falmer set.
    Bowlegged jump animation fix: so you don't look like a troll jumping with a bow.
    Deadly Combat: Always.
    Momo Acrobatic Jump: I don't like putting anime-style stuff in the game, but this one is definitely an improvement.
    New animation for running with a bow: Same reason as the jump.
    Project Reality:Climates of Tamriel: I can't play without this.
    Last edited by Valenhil; 2012-11-15 at 09:49 PM.

For graphical issues like shadows and under water stuff the thing that worked for me was either updating drivers or uninstalling the latest ones.

Does anyone else have problems when playing Skyrim above 60 fps? I have no idea whats causing it but when I let it be at 120, weird things start happening. Pots and pans start flying and making the collision noise indoors. Sometimes I get a weird submerging underwater and out of the water flicker. Chickens and other animals just die for no good reason etc.

After limiting it to 60 max, the problems seem to have disappeared but its a lot less smooth than it was before..
    Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

I keep getting the collision noise indoors for no reason. Creepy as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Yes, that is the one.

And honestly, I simply don't understand how people can say that mods make the game 1000% more contentrich- most of them simply adds better game mechanics/graphics, but I simply can't find any gameplay additions.
    man what the hell do you think a game is? mechanics and graphics are about 2/3 of what makes an RPG, you left out the thousands of hours of custom stories and if not for a dialogue bug you'd see more quests than there are.

not sure what you're expecting but hours and hours of free content that is limited by the modders imagination is exactly what makes bethesda games better. if you're getting your shit from the steam workshop, that's problem one, the best shit there is ripped off from the guys who put up on skyrim nexus. you tel me what you're looking for and i'll tell you where to find it. you want an addon where you fuck hookers in the inns? they made one. you want one where you can look like MLP and staby shit? they got one. mods will be created for the next 5 years for skyrim.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 06:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Does anyone else have problems when playing Skyrim above 60 fps? I have no idea whats causing it but when I let it be at 120, weird things start happening. Pots and pans start flying and making the collision noise indoors. Sometimes I get a weird submerging underwater and out of the water flicker. Chickens and other animals just die for no good reason etc.

After limiting it to 60 max, the problems seem to have disappeared but its a lot less smooth than it was before..
    known bug, don't play at 120fps

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 06:14 PM ----------

It does and it makes me sad modders haven't looked into making it smoother and just making combat a lot more interesting.
    then take an hour to learn how to create your own mods with all these free tools and do it. you people who don't create mods, DO bitch about it and run quality modders off (like the guy who made WIS) hold us all back

if you can't make it, you really don't have a right to bitch about nobody else making it. stop being lazy and learn how, you'll be amazed how simple this stuff can be and how many people are willing to help you with the stuff that isn't so simple (papyrus scripting)

I LOVE mods and really appreciate the work modders put into them and know that I would be hard pressed to make anything bordering on passable in comparison to the stuff I'm using on Skyrim right now.

It just surprises me that something so big as the combat system outside of perks seems to have gone largely unnoticed by moders and mod users alike.

For graphical issues like shadows and under water stuff the thing that worked for me was either updating drivers or uninstalling the latest ones.
    Makes sense, yet, huge problem for me. I'm using a Qosmio x300, nvidia & toshiba gave up on the model 2 years ago... therefore no updates, since the most recent ones ain't compatible.

( http://pt.computers.toshiba-europe.c...jsp?service=PT )

Edited:

What happens if I kill Ulfric and Elisif ?
    Last edited by Myobi; 2012-11-16 at 02:43 AM.