1. #6061
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Dawnguard was pretty damn awesome up until the anti-climactic ending.
    I didn't even care about the ending what with the OTHER parts. Know what I'm sayin'?
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  2. #6062
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I didn't even care about the ending what with the OTHER parts. Know what I'm sayin'?
    Okay, let me lay out for you how disappointed I was when I beat that.

    So we wind using not one but THREE elder scrolls for the vampires! WOW! Three fucking elder scrolls! This is going to be epic! What do they do? Well, one of them is a cheat since it's the same one we get in the main storyline (which I find fucking hillarious that the orc in the mage's guild will sell back to you for ANY amount of gold... really kills the mystique of the elder scrolls), one of the others is a friggin map, and the other one is the prophecy for the vampires.

    Wow. Did we really need elder scrolls for that? It's a little demeaning considering how in Skyrim's main storyline an elder scroll is used to first send Alduin, THE DRAGON THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BRING ABOUT THE END OF THE WORLD, forward in time and then it's used again to look back through the rift caused by the first usage to when Alduin was sent through time. And in Oblivion an elder scroll was used to alter history and break a curse made by a dearic lord.

    But if we ignore that then we have the result of having an god's bow (and not just any god) that uses just a little bit of Serana's blood to blot out the sun for a day. Really? Why did Serana want to kill her father again? Why did ANYONE think ANY of this was a big deal AT ALL? We have a sect of vampires that is one of the oldest IN THE WORLD that got into a fued over this thing, one of them fleeing to alternate plane of existence where she could be snuffed out by eldritch abominations beyond her understanding without any warning. And then there's the snow elf vampire who played a hand in furthering the extinction of his race and waited around for thousands of years for the right kind of vampire to come along to fuel the bow with the power of her blood.

    To blot out the sun for one day.

    With all this build up I was expecting the sun to be obscured permanently or something.


    But despite this the DLC was a blast. It's just the ending is really, REALLY weak.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  3. #6063
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    *spoilerz*
    Serana, as a vampire, is obviously selfish. To permanently blot out the sun, every last drop of her blood must be used to empower the bow. Also Harkon was an asshole and wanted to dispose of that new vampire that basicaly helped him with everything. Then there was that lame excuse that "with permanent night, every mortal would go vampire hunting". Yes, I was dissapointed that we couldnt blot out the sun and yes, I would gladly kill Serana to do that.

  4. #6064
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    spoilers
    And to add insult to injury we can't even marry her. Meaning the only real reason we have for sparing her is out of the kindness of our blood-sucking, deadric worshipping hearts.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  5. #6065
    The Forgotten Vale is the most beautiful outdoor zone of the game. And it comes after a kickass pitch-black dungeon.

  6. #6066
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I keep getting my ass kicked as a low level sneak archer on SkyRE. The sneak changes are ridiculously unforgiving to the point that you really can't just run away and hide somewhere else and are always going to be detected if you're under a sneak skill of 60 it seems.

    And then there's the fact that skeevers can 3 shot me and I'm only playing on apprentice.
    Hm, that seems a bit strange. I'm currently also in the process of playing a sneak archer with SkyRe and I've had no problems with sneaking or skeevers 3 shotting me, and I play on adept. I actually really enjoy the sneak changes in SkyRe as the vanilla sneak was pretty much cheating.

    What kind of bows do you use? I tried Shortbows, but they didn't feel right to me and I do much better with Longbows (luckily I discovered this before I started going picking perks for either, would've felt bad if I had to "cheat" for a respec potion).

    Also what stats do you usually pick when leveling? I tend to go for health until at least 200 and then always keep it at least 50 above stamina after that, but that is more of a personal choice.

    Final question, do you have some sort of melee weapon set to switch to if needed? Sometimes you will be discovered and mobs will get to you, I personally don't like using bows in close range and as such I always keep a melee set with me, in most cases I go for 1h+light armor shield (or torch, at least until I get night vision, dark dungeons are scary! :P).

    Oh and keep in mind, heavy armor does NOT work with sneaking in SkyRe, even with only 1 heavy armor item equipped your sneak is 50% worse.

    Of course I do not know your situation, I'm just trying to assure anyone who might've been scared off by your post that it does work, it's just harder than it used to be.

    ---

    On to a completely different topic:

    Can anyone recommend a good ENB that is fairly performance friendly? I'm completely in love with a config called A Realistic Hope, but while I can play without too much trouble in most areas, my framerate completely dies whenever I go to the forests near Falkreath (Flora Overhaul, Skyrealism Grass and Lush Grass probably isn't helping. :P).

    Now that I've disabled it, Skyrim just doesn't feel the same anymore.

  7. #6067
    Dragonborn beta footage right here!



    Been having fun with Morrowind overhaul mod, it makes the game look better than vanilla oblivion!

  8. #6068
    Currently lv 34 with Skyrim Redone, going through Blackreach. Thoughts:
    It's, of course, still not "Balanced". Enemy mages are way ahead from archers and melees. Getting one-shot from an Ice Storm cast by boss enemies isn't uncommon. The new weapon perks don't leave much to choice. The new block mechanics make killing melees way too easy.
    On higher levels, you start getting pretty strong so you get back some of the easiness from vanilla. But things can still go from bad to worse fast, so it's definitely an improvement.
    3 things I'd change is increase the rate smithing levels up slightly(i'm at 80 heavy armor, 64 light weaponry, 69 blocking, 62 Restoration, and 49 Smithing), make the Weapon Enhacement spells scale with your alteration skill(15 elemental damage on lv 5 is overpowered. On lv 70 it's too weak), and remove timed blocks from two handed weapons(because staggering 3 enemies by blocking and then hitting them all at the same time is retarded.)

  9. #6069
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    Dragonborn beta footage right here!

    http://imgur.com/WWlUW][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WWlUWl.jpg[/URL]

    Been having fun with Morrowind overhaul mod, it makes the game look better than vanilla oblivion!
    Wut u did thar, i c it.

    I might actually want to get Morrowind now. The only reason I hadn't already is cause the graphics, to me, were utterly abysmal and I knew it wouldn't allow me to get lost in the world.

    As for Dawnguard, I was able to look past all of that only because of one thing: Forgotten Vale as well as the fight it ends with.

    And for SkyRE, turns out I'd been playing on Expert. No points in armor as a sneak archer with low sneak at lower levels. Now I'm level 15 and it's still really tough getting more than a few shots off on targets because they stay alerted for so long and have a seemingly easier time finding you.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-11-26 at 05:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  10. #6070
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    I want a complete and all-inclusive mod list to make Skyrim look like that >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .

  11. #6071
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Wut u did thar, i c it.

    I might actually want to get Morrowind now. The only reason I hadn't already is cause the graphics, to me, were utterly abysmal and I knew it wouldn't allow me to get lost in the world.
    You definitely should! It's still my favorite out of the three, the land is much more alien than either the incredibly generic Oblivion or even Skyrim which causes it to have a very unique atmoshpere. Also Morrowinds landscape in itself is very varied going from deserts to wintery forests(Game of the Year Edition with the 2 exp packs).
    Last edited by Cakka; 2012-11-26 at 05:37 AM.

  12. #6072
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Stormwind
    Posts
    164
    So, I have a question, which I hope someone here can help me with.
    I'm planning on buying the new xpac when it gets out for the PC, but I'm at a total loss which mods to get.
    I've been checking this thread and nexus, but I'm having a hard time choosing the most awesome mods.
    Is there some sort of a list or guide or something on this topic, both gameplay and graphic wise?

    Or, what are in your opinion musthave mods?

  13. #6073
    Quote Originally Posted by MythiaX View Post
    So, I have a question, which I hope someone here can help me with.
    I'm planning on buying the new xpac when it gets out for the PC, but I'm at a total loss which mods to get.
    I've been checking this thread and nexus, but I'm having a hard time choosing the most awesome mods.
    Is there some sort of a list or guide or something on this topic, both gameplay and graphic wise?

    Or, what are in your opinion musthave mods?
    I would recommend Companion Valfar. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25360/

  14. #6074
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fuck you, that's where.
    Posts
    4,492
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I want a complete and all-inclusive mod list to make Skyrim look like that >.>
    -Environment & Immersion
    Sharpshooters Extreme Graphics Vision ENB
    Cinematic Lighting ENB
    Brown Mountains and Rocks
    Better Dynamic Snow
    High Quality LOD's
    Real Ice ALL-IN-ONE
    Improved Rock and Mountain Textures
    Landscape Texture Pack WIP
    Lush Grass
    Lush Trees
    Project Reality- Climates Of Tamriel
    Realistic Smoke and Embers
    Skyrim Distant Detail
    Skyrim Flora Overhaul
    Static Mesh Improvement
    Summer Skyrim and Summer Skies
    Supreme and Volumetric Fog
    WATER- Water And Terrain Enhancement Redux
    Skyrim Sunglare V4
    Cinematic Fire Effects
    Glorious Grasses
    Natural Skyrim Rain
    Immersive Skyrim Thunder

    -Character & NPC's
    Calientes Female Body Mod
    Better Females
    High Quality Eyes
    ApachiiSkyHair
    ApachiiSkyHair NPC Overhaul WARNING: This makes some Male NPC's look FABULOUS * Cough*
    Improved NPC Clothing
    Enhanced Horse Skins
    Fhaarkas Softer Animal Fur
    Improved Dragons Textures

    My system:
    GPU: GTX660- 2GB OC.
    RAM: 8GB- 1600Mhz Vengeance.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II- 3.6 GHz (3.8GHz OC).

    Runs at about 35-40 FPS (HUGE performance hit)

    You need to fiddle around a bit with the ENB and Lighting Mod to get the saturation you desire, but that's about it.
    Also, Don't mass download them without reading the install instructions for each mod first, some require you to edit .INI files.

    EDIT: The mods aren't listen in the appropriate Load order you have to figure that one out by yourself.
    Some mods will attempt to overwrite each other, use common sense to what you allow them to overwrite.
    Last edited by Deleted; 2012-11-26 at 11:49 AM.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

  15. #6075
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    -Environment & Immersion
    Sharpshooters Extreme Graphics Vision ENB
    Cinematic Lighting ENB
    Brown Mountains and Rocks
    Better Dynamic Snow
    High Quality LOD's
    Real Ice ALL-IN-ONE
    Improved Rock and Mountain Textures
    Landscape Texture Pack WIP
    Lush Grass
    Lush Trees
    Project Reality- Climates Of Tamriel
    Realistic Smoke and Embers
    Skyrim Distant Detail
    Skyrim Flora Overhaul
    Static Mesh Improvement
    Summer Skyrim and Summer Skies
    Supreme and Volumetric Fog
    WATER- Water And Terrain Enhancement Redux
    Skyrim Sunglare V4
    Cinematic Fire Effects
    Glorious Grasses
    Natural Skyrim Rain
    Immersive Skyrim Thunder

    -Character & NPC's
    Calientes Female Body Mod
    Better Females
    High Quality Eyes
    ApachiiSkyHair
    ApachiiSkyHair NPC Overhaul WARNING: This makes some Male NPC's look FABULOUS * Cough*
    Improved NPC Clothing
    Enhanced Horse Skins
    Fhaarkas Softer Animal Fur
    Improved Dragons Textures

    My system:
    GPU: GTX660- 2GB OC.
    RAM: 8GB- 1600Mhz Vengeance.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II- 3.6 GHz (3.8GHz OC).

    Runs at about 35-40 FPS (HUGE performance hit)

    You need to fiddle around a bit with the ENB and Lighting Mod to get the saturation you desire, but that's about it.
    Also, Don't mass download them without reading the install instructions for each mod first, some require you to edit .INI files.

    EDIT: The mods aren't listen in the appropriate Load order you have to figure that one out by yourself.
    Some mods will attempt to overwrite each other, use common sense to what you allow them to overwrite.
    What? Character and NPC mods and no XCE?

  16. #6076
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fuck you, that's where.
    Posts
    4,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    What? Character and NPC mods and no XCE?
    XCE is an improvement of the vanilla models while Better females are completely new models and used in the screens he was referring to.
    That's why
    Last edited by Deleted; 2012-11-26 at 12:02 PM.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

  17. #6077
    http://www.skyrimgems.com/

    Everything on this site is pretty cool too.

  18. #6078
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    http://www.skyrimgems.com/

    Everything on this site is pretty cool too.
    That's interesting collection. Probably everything you would ever need in Skyrim. But I just can't install that many mods into Skyrim or else it will break down completely. Currently I'm playing a thief character with only bare minimum necessary mods installed (Unofficial patch and SkyUI, and few others). At least the game almost never crashes now. I wonder if it's meant to be so that with a lot of mods installed the game just happens to crash more often (all the time).

    And why doesn't Skyrim show any error messages while it crashes, would be so useful to know which mod (probably) caused the crash. Maybe on the next single player TES then..

  19. #6079
    Fluffy Kitten Badpaladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ccaarrrrllllll
    Posts
    11,090
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    And why doesn't Skyrim show any error messages while it crashes, would be so useful to know which mod (probably) caused the crash. Maybe on the next single player TES then..
    That would be a pretty difficult thing to implement.
    My Short Required Reading List: One. Two. || Last.fm

  20. #6080
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fuck you, that's where.
    Posts
    4,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    And why doesn't Skyrim show any error messages while it crashes, would be so useful to know which mod (probably) caused the crash. Maybe on the next single player TES then..
    That would be a pretty difficult thing to implement.
    Actually.... you can create crash logs with a bit of editing in the skyrim.ini file.

    1: Open Skyrim.ini with notepad.
    2: Edit or add the following lines in Skyrim.ini to the specified values.

    [Papyrus]
    fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
    bEnableLogging=1
    bEnableTrace=1
    bLoadDebugInformation=1

    3: Close Skyrim.ini and save the changes(It will prompt you to save on exit).
    4: Start TES:Skyrim and reproduce the error.
    5: Go to the same folder you previously found Skyrim.ini in, you will notice that 3-4 logs will have appeared or a folder named " Crashlogs, logs, Papyrus), Can't really remember... Open the log that's called Papyrus.0.log (With notepad) At the bottom of that log file you'll see the last process before the crash occurred.
    Last edited by Deleted; 2012-11-26 at 04:14 PM.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •