1. #6521
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    And 100 alchemy was already godmode even on master difficulty. Insane smithing potions to make 1 shotting bows and daggers and invisibility potions to bypass everything. Not that I needed it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijB2f-s5iyg pretty much guaranteed I could clear any dungeon even at level 1.
    Oh yeah, no one is saying stealth isn't overpowered. Up to the point that I refuse to take it on some characters. All stealth + bow attacks are just too bloody bugged. Oh there's this guy I absolutely can't oneshot with anything and I have no frost or fire resistance so his spells literally oneshot me, so instead I will lurk in the dark and shoot over 50 arrows in his face until he dies.

    That was on a char that didn't have any ranged perks and tried to go 1H all the way.

  2. #6522
    It's amazing how no matter which start I pick on Alternate Start, I always drift to Riverwood first.

  3. #6523
    Bloodsail Admiral Vathdar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    1,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    It's amazing how no matter which start I pick on Alternate Start, I always drift to Riverwood first.
    Yeah, happens to me all the time aswell, except this time I started in Winterhold so it's taking me a very long time. :P

  4. #6524
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    I just think that without any mods, there should be far less obvious exploits, overpowered things and shortcuts. Every time I played on vanilla settings and without even trying, I got alchemy to 100 in less than 5 hours into the game. I didn't wait around in shops, just picked flowers etc. on my path because I didn't like fast travel as it didn't feel very immersive. Only way around that would have deliberately not picking up herbs or make potions.

    And 100 alchemy was already godmode even on master difficulty. Insane smithing potions to make 1 shotting bows and daggers and invisibility potions to bypass everything. Not that I needed it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijB2f-s5iyg pretty much guaranteed I could clear any dungeon even at level 1.

    So yea, Bethesdas balancing is just terrible and always have been but the mods have always improved everything considerably. I just feel a little sorry for the console players.
    Why feel sorry for us console players in terms of balance? I actually LIKE being able to become a bit OP for a change! ^_^

    Only thing I wish I can get are a few tiny mods like the bug fixes that the PC gets. It really infuriates me that Bethesda has NOT even put out a bug-fix patch for ANY version of the game. >_<

    I didn't even touch any professions until I was nearly done exploring the majority of the world. Alchemy was the one I leveled the last - and hated every minute of it. >_<
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  5. #6525
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,210
    They have put out bug fix patches.

  6. #6526
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Why feel sorry for us console players in terms of balance? I actually LIKE being able to become a bit OP for a change! ^_^

    Only thing I wish I can get are a few tiny mods like the bug fixes that the PC gets. It really infuriates me that Bethesda has NOT even put out a bug-fix patch for ANY version of the game. >_<

    I didn't even touch any professions until I was nearly done exploring the majority of the world. Alchemy was the one I leveled the last - and hated every minute of it. >_<
    because people without a modded PC skyrim are playing a shitty game. a game they got royally fucked on. that's why people feel sorry for console gamers who play skyrim

    the game is buggy, broken and of low overall quality. without mods it's not worth $10

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 11:19 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    They have put out bug fix patches.
    of the 750 known bugs they've fixed around 60

    the unofficial patch fixes more bugs right now than bethesda ever will. they're not known for making top quality games. the modding community is why they're still in business and it's always been this way.

    that's why their nickname is bugthesda

  7. #6527
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    It's amazing how no matter which start I pick on Alternate Start, I always drift to Riverwood first.
    This, so much this...

    Please post constructively and not spam
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-01-08 at 05:56 AM.

  8. #6528
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,210
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    of the 750 known bugs they've fixed around 60

    the unofficial patch fixes more bugs right now than bethesda ever will. they're not known for making top quality games. the modding community is why they're still in business and it's always been this way.

    that's why their nickname is bugthesda
    Eh, I've never had that many issues with Bethesda titles. I understand the complaints, though.

  9. #6529
    Herald of the Titans Kaelwryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    2,530
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    because people without a modded PC skyrim are playing a shitty game. a game they got royally fucked on. that's why people feel sorry for console gamers who play skyrim

    the game is buggy, broken and of low overall quality. without mods it's not worth $10
    I disagree with you. Honestly, from all the posts I've read in this thread, I don't see that great of a difference between console and pc. So far, my Skyrim has worked just fine and I have yet to encounter any groundbreaking bugs that makes the game unplayable for me. The mods, while cool, do not seem necessary to make the game better in anyway.

    But hey, everyone has a preference. I just happen to prefer playing on my xbox.

  10. #6530
    Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,789
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Why feel sorry for us console players in terms of balance? I actually LIKE being able to become a bit OP for a change! ^_^

    Only thing I wish I can get are a few tiny mods like the bug fixes that the PC gets. It really infuriates me that Bethesda has NOT even put out a bug-fix patch for ANY version of the game. >_<

    I didn't even touch any professions until I was nearly done exploring the majority of the world. Alchemy was the one I leveled the last - and hated every minute of it. >_<
    Same here Leveled Alchemy as my very last profession because I hated it and of course I had no clue about those shiny fortify Alchemy enchants back then.

    I actually still enjoy playing Skyrim on the xbox even without all those mods you guys talk about here constantly

    And BTW: I read that a lot of guys think that the fortify restoration loop is an exploit. Well I have to laugh at that. Every TES game had mechanics that allowed you to become a GOD (remember Morrowind with the infinite stats?) so that is kinda intended as the potion has always increased your enchantments.

    I too have a character that has done the whole stuff to reach godhood (enchanting, smithing, alchemy loops) and it´s kinda funny to have a bow that deals 2,7 billion damage and a couple billion armor with like 55k of each main stat plus tons of stat regen, immunities and carry weight

    I too would love some bugfixes that the PC guys got but at least I can enjoy dragonborn and dawnguard so that makes up for that
    Last edited by The Illusive Man; 2013-01-08 at 08:42 AM.

  11. #6531
    so, any word on dragonborn for pc? it's so hard to not seek out spoilers =x

  12. #6532
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Same here Leveled Alchemy as my very last profession because I hated it and of course I had no clue about those shiny fortify Alchemy enchants back then.

    I actually still enjoy playing Skyrim on the xbox even without all those mods you guys talk about here constantly

    And BTW: I read that a lot of guys think that the fortify restoration loop is an exploit. Well I have to laugh at that. Every TES game had mechanics that allowed you to become a GOD (remember Morrowind with the infinite stats?) so that is kinda intended as the potion has always increased your enchantments.

    I too have a character that has done the whole stuff to reach godhood (enchanting, smithing, alchemy loops) and it´s kinda funny to have a bow that deals 2,7 billion damage and a couple billion armor with like 55k of each main stat plus tons of stat regen, immunities and carry weight

    I too would love some bugfixes that the PC guys got but at least I can enjoy dragonborn and dawnguard so that makes up for that
    PC has Dawnguard (with all sorts of vampire/hunter etc mods) and Dragonborn will be out Soon™ probably with the ability to actually FLY the Dragons and not circle foxes once modded

    I started on 360 and trying to play it again at my friends house is a pain, full daedric aromour just running around dual cast-stunning everything sprinting at full speed with free spells isn't fun, it's just a godmode cheat.

  13. #6533
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Same here Leveled Alchemy as my very last profession because I hated it and of course I had no clue about those shiny fortify Alchemy enchants back then.

    I actually still enjoy playing Skyrim on the xbox even without all those mods you guys talk about here constantly

    And BTW: I read that a lot of guys think that the fortify restoration loop is an exploit. Well I have to laugh at that. Every TES game had mechanics that allowed you to become a GOD (remember Morrowind with the infinite stats?) so that is kinda intended as the potion has always increased your enchantments.

    I too have a character that has done the whole stuff to reach godhood (enchanting, smithing, alchemy loops) and it´s kinda funny to have a bow that deals 2,7 billion damage and a couple billion armor with like 55k of each main stat plus tons of stat regen, immunities and carry weight

    I too would love some bugfixes that the PC guys got but at least I can enjoy dragonborn and dawnguard so that makes up for that
    Maybe and that would be ok.. every single player game has cheats too. But it's not ok if the cheats are forced on the player and to avoid them, you have to actively not use armor, weapons or skills provided at every corner. Crafting is part of the game and so is stealth. I loved playing a rogue with some magic in Oblivion where it wasn't OP (when you attacked someone from stealth, they found you and attacked right away, without looking).

    I don't even mind getting strong in the end to be honest. I got pretty overpowered in Mass Effect 2-3 and DA2 too near the end of the game, even on the hardest difficulty and that's ok but not when everything becomes completely effortless near the beginning of the game unless you breeze through the quests without exploring or crafting. Running around, onehitting everything just gets old fast.

    My point is that you cant play unmodded Skyrim without deliberately nerfing yourself if you want any challenge and this should not be up to players. Not using cheats and exploits and deliberately not using "op" skills and missing out on part of the game as well as not using "op" armor or weapons are completely different things.

    Not only that but obvious exploits that you can accidentally use if you dont know about it shouldnt be there either. Like the fortify restoration loop.

  14. #6534
    Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,789
    I have to agree that the crafting system makes you ridiculously OP very fast. You only have to spend a bunch of skill points in Alchemy and Enchanting and you can basically create a Bow that deals 750 damage with 4 fortify archery enchants (48% dmg) on your gear.

    I have always had fun in making myself very powerful in TES games and so my preferred gameplay is stealth archer ofc. To be honest the Mage is kinda bad in Skyrim because why spend 1 minute fireball spamming an enemy that you can oneshot with your bow or daggers?

    That´s the main problem with vanilla Skyrim. Not that you can make yourself powerful with Enchanting and Alchemy but that your spells still do the same damage.

    You can create a 1000 damage Sword that you then onehit everything with BUT you can´t make a spell that does 1000 damage !! I started a few Mages in Skyrim but I abandoned all of them after a few hours because it was silly.

  15. #6535
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    To be honest the Mage is kinda bad in Skyrim because why spend 1 minute fireball spamming an enemy that you can oneshot with your bow or daggers?
    Actually that's not entirely true.. destruction is as OP as any other skill. It's just the master spells that are bad.

    You can still boost destruction damage with potions ( which was like 140% or so without using any loops), dual cast spells stun every time, even works on dragons and it has AoE. And you only need to spend like 4-5 point in destruction to max it out for one school.

    I thought destruction was kinda weak too but once I got 0 mana cost chain lightning and those pots, it was insane. It was roughly 500-600 damage per cast, it hit instantly (unlike archery), so it was easy to kill dragons from the air with it and it cleared whole packs of mobs in a few casts.

  16. #6536
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    because people without a modded PC skyrim are playing a shitty game. a game they got royally fucked on. that's why people feel sorry for console gamers who play skyrim

    the game is buggy, broken and of low overall quality. without mods it's not worth $10

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 11:19 PM ----------



    of the 750 known bugs they've fixed around 60

    the unofficial patch fixes more bugs right now than bethesda ever will. they're not known for making top quality games. the modding community is why they're still in business and it's always been this way.

    that's why their nickname is bugthesda
    Can't say I agree..

    I own both xbox and PC skyrim and while the modded version on PC certainly can enhance the game in many ways it's still a solid game on consoles. It was really bugged in the beginning but most of the worst has been ironed out. On a separate note, what I will say is that their blatant failure to adapt skyrim DLCs to PS3 is nothing short of pathetic.

    FYI, Skyrim has sold immeasurably more on consoles than PC, so no, they don't stay in business because of the modding community.
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2013-01-08 at 03:37 PM.

  17. #6537
    Elemental Lord Dezerte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    FYI, Skyrim has sold immeasurably more on consoles than PC, so no, they don't stay in business because of the modding community.
    Problem is those numbers are for retail, and not digital sales.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

    The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

  18. #6538
    Is there a line to the .ini file I can add to free the camera during 3rd person killmoves?

    Because I sure could use one.

  19. #6539
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    Is there a line to the .ini file I can add to free the camera during 3rd person killmoves?

    Because I sure could use one.
    Is there a way to disable the ranged killmoves too? They're just bugged and start when the arrow dont actually hit (or cause it to miss). It's happened more than a few times .. I shoot something with a bow, get into killmove, my character freezes, the arrow misses and the bear or bandit or whatever I was shooting kills me while Im frozen.

  20. #6540
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Is there a way to disable the ranged killmoves too? They're just bugged and start when the arrow dont actually hit (or cause it to miss). It's happened more than a few times .. I shoot something with a bow, get into killmove, my character freezes, the arrow misses and the bear or bandit or whatever I was shooting kills me while Im frozen.
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13396
    No idea if it works.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •