1. #6541
    Moderator Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,219
    Hadvar is a bro. Let it be written.

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

  2. #6542
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Hadvar is a bro. Let it be written.
    He's actually the exact same as Ralof. they even share some lines.
    Too bad both Tullius and Ulfric are assholes.


  3. #6543
    Moderator Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    He's actually the exact same as Ralof. they even share some lines.
    Too bad both Tullius and Ulfric are assholes.
    I never sided with Ralof. I should try it once. My first play (this was way back), I followed Hadvar because he had an arrow on his head lol. After that I just kept following him. What makes Hadvar such a bro is because we were initially on opposite sides - prisoner and enforcer. I did the Civil War questline once... I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure I want to do it again.

    Unrelated: I'm continually amazed by what the modding community is capable of. Just 10 minutes ago I decided that I want to roleplay a charismatic adventurer (disgraced and then exiled former knight actually) trying to carve out a living in Skyrim, and I wanted to do something like Dragon Age and One Piece - pick up followers who would join me on my journey to.... whatever. No specific goal yet. I wondered how I was going to do the whole "let's stay here for a few days, help the local folks before we move on thing". Turns out there IS a mod that lets me do that. Who would've thunked??

    Now I just need to find a mod that puts in voice-acted squad banter. *nostalgic sigh*
    Last edited by Fhi; 2013-01-09 at 05:24 AM.

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

  4. #6544
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I never sided with Ralof. I should try it once. My first play (this was way back), I followed Hadvar because he had an arrow on his head lol. After that I just kept following him. What makes Hadvar such a bro is because we were initially on opposite sides - prisoner and enforcer. I did the Civil War questline once... I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure I want to do it again.

    Unrelated: I'm continually amazed by what the modding community is capable of. Just 10 minutes ago I decided that I want to roleplay a charismatic adventurer (disgraced and then exiled former knight actually) trying to carve out a living in Skyrim, and I wanted to do something like Dragon Age and One Piece - pick up followers who would join me on my journey to.... whatever. No specific goal yet. I wondered how I was going to do the whole "let's stay here for a few days, help the local folks before we move on thing". Turns out there IS a mod that lets me do that. Who would've thunked??

    Now I just need to find a mod that puts in voice-acted squad banter. *nostalgic sigh*
    Devil Fruit mod?

  5. #6545
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I never sided with Ralof. I should try it once. My first play (this was way back), I followed Hadvar because he had an arrow on his head lol. After that I just kept following him. What makes Hadvar such a bro is because we were initially on opposite sides - prisoner and enforcer. I did the Civil War questline once... I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure I want to do it again.

    Unrelated: I'm continually amazed by what the modding community is capable of. Just 10 minutes ago I decided that I want to roleplay a charismatic adventurer (disgraced and then exiled former knight actually) trying to carve out a living in Skyrim, and I wanted to do something like Dragon Age and One Piece - pick up followers who would join me on my journey to.... whatever. No specific goal yet. I wondered how I was going to do the whole "let's stay here for a few days, help the local folks before we move on thing". Turns out there IS a mod that lets me do that. Who would've thunked??

    Now I just need to find a mod that puts in voice-acted squad banter. *nostalgic sigh*
    I've never followed Hadvar, he seemed like such a jerk with the "tough luck, now get to the block" attitude at the start while Ralof talked to me and was nice.As for followers, I've never used them in Skyrim other than the mandatory ones for some quests. I loved them in DA and Mass Effect games as they felt more natural, had a story and disposition and all that. Even in New Vegas they had a story and their own quests and some personality at least.

    But in Skyrim, it's one of few things that is really badly done. Not only are they just some no-name pack mule NPCs with no dialogue and personality except maybe a few special lines when told to carry stuff etc. but they actually get in the way more than they help, take wrong paths, pulling everything on their way, cant keep up and just stop following sometimes and they can die, a bit too easily too(which would be bad even if I wasn't playing dead is dead). It's better to just stick to summons and carry weight enchants and have a hubby cooking dinner at my Lakeview manor, waiting for me to get home and playing with children

    I would love a mod that makes followers and companions a bit more fun, diverse and actually helpful though without making them essential but also not permanently killed when they fall (maybe a resurrection spell or first aid or something). As well as some personality, banter etc. But then again I dont have high hopes for such a mod. It would need a lot of people to pull off well for the voice acting and everything.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 01:13 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    Doesn't work It's not being updated and doesn't seem to disable them for new versions.

  6. #6546
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I never sided with Ralof. I should try it once. My first play (this was way back), I followed Hadvar because he had an arrow on his head lol. After that I just kept following him. What makes Hadvar such a bro is because we were initially on opposite sides - prisoner and enforcer. I did the Civil War questline once... I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure I want to do it again.

    Unrelated: I'm continually amazed by what the modding community is capable of. Just 10 minutes ago I decided that I want to roleplay a charismatic adventurer (disgraced and then exiled former knight actually) trying to carve out a living in Skyrim, and I wanted to do something like Dragon Age and One Piece - pick up followers who would join me on my journey to.... whatever. No specific goal yet. I wondered how I was going to do the whole "let's stay here for a few days, help the local folks before we move on thing". Turns out there IS a mod that lets me do that. Who would've thunked??

    Now I just need to find a mod that puts in voice-acted squad banter. *nostalgic sigh*
    Cheers to the modding community.


    Skyrim vanilla is fantastic by itself, made even better with mods after the classic experience is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Then the [MMORPG] genre started attracting more players. These players wanted more of a "game" and less of a "world" [...]

  7. #6547
    I always side with Raylof, because Imperial armor is worth more than Stormcloak armor. Does that make me a bad person?

  8. #6548
    I always followed Ralof, as I thought that was the only thing you could do.

  9. #6549
    Dreadlord Vathdar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    I would love a mod that makes followers and companions a bit more fun, diverse and actually helpful though without making them essential but also not permanently killed when they fall (maybe a resurrection spell or first aid or something). As well as some personality, banter etc. But then again I dont have high hopes for such a mod. It would need a lot of people to pull off well for the voice acting and everything.
    A mod called Vilja in skyrim adds a companion like that, with loads of lines, a long quest line, and even has banter with other npc's around her, the voice acting is a bit iffy but it's a pretty damn good mod. If she gets stuck, she teleports to you when you're not looking, can tell her to sell your stuff, make some basic things like arrows, read certain books for you, play music, change her fighting style, has a horse, can tell her to lead your party and more I forgot.
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26393
    Last edited by Vathdar; 2013-01-09 at 03:37 PM.

  10. #6550
    Moderator Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    I would love a mod that makes followers and companions a bit more fun, diverse and actually helpful though without making them essential but also not permanently killed when they fall (maybe a resurrection spell or first aid or something). As well as some personality, banter etc. But then again I dont have high hopes for such a mod. It would need a lot of people to pull off well for the voice acting and everything.
    Much as I love for something like that, it'll likely not happen. The closest mod that does something like this so far is "Interesting NPCs" - I would get it if not because I already have around 25 major mods and I'm tired of fixing and maintaining mods. Skyrim (and probably TES itself) is just not the kind of game where you get emotionally attached to characters. Just the world and freedom to do whatever.

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

  11. #6551
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    He's actually the exact same as Ralof. they even share some lines.
    Too bad both Tullius and Ulfric are assholes.
    I tend to stick with Ralof as it allows me to kill that Imperial Captain with the stick up her arse who ordered my characters execution.

  12. #6552
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    He's actually the exact same as Ralof. they even share some lines.
    Too bad both Tullius and Ulfric are assholes.
    Tullius has amazing voice actor though and he's the lesser of two evils. Ulfric is just a self serving racist. I still always join the Stormcloaks though although I hoped it was possible to just broker a lasting peace as well or assassinate Ulfric/Tullius and make peace. It just wouldn't make any sense joining the legion. They're not the same legion from Oblivion any more so I think it would make more sense to make a new empire with a Dragonborn emperor than to save the old, bureaucratic wreck.

    Besides, they tried to execute me and it wouldn't any sense at all to assassinate the emperor then:P

  13. #6553
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Tullius has amazing voice actor though
    Oh hell yeah. But to be fair, Ulfric's voice actor is great too, just not as well utilized. It's a good actor wasted on a crap character.

    If Ulfric had been what he claimed to be the war would have been epic and choosing a side would have been difficult.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  14. #6554
    Pit Lord Kaelwryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    2,329
    I always went with Hadvar, cuz I liked his voice and honestly, I always got the feeling he felt bad about having to follow Capt. Bitchface's orders to kill me. Shame you can't marry him. He's kind of cute.

  15. #6555
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Oh hell yeah. But to be fair, Ulfric's voice actor is great too, just not as well utilized. It's a good actor wasted on a crap character.

    If Ulfric had been what he claimed to be the war would have been epic and choosing a side would have been difficult.
    Agreed on both counts. As soon as I head Ulfric I recognized his voice from recently watching 13th Warrior (Buliwyf). And if Ulfric was who he claimed to be, then I'd have a hard time choosing. As it is, I try to stay neutral with all my characters now. I wish there was a way to get Jarl Balgruuf on the throne, since he's the most level headed Jarl in the game (IMO), and seems to care about his people.

  16. #6556
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Agreed on both counts. As soon as I head Ulfric I recognized his voice from recently watching 13th Warrior (Buliwyf). And if Ulfric was who he claimed to be, then I'd have a hard time choosing. As it is, I try to stay neutral with all my characters now. I wish there was a way to get Jarl Balgruuf on the throne, since he's the most level headed Jarl in the game (IMO), and seems to care about his people.
    Yea.. he reminds me of Theoden from LOTR:P And Whiterun hold looks like Rohan too. Wish they made an official DLC where you can get Balgruuf to be the high king instead. He's neutral too so I could see him in that position no matter who wins the war. Betraying him and kicking him out of Whiterun was the worst part of the Stormcloaks questline but at least we didn't have to kill him. Then again, imperials put Maven in charge of Riften so that's not much better outcome..

  17. #6557
    Moderator Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,219
    Think you're playing Skyrim alone? You are being watched.

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

  18. #6558
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Wish they made an official DLC where you can get Balgruuf to be the high king instead. He's neutral too so I could see him in that position no matter who wins the war. Betraying him and kicking him out of Whiterun was the worst part of the Stormcloaks questline but at least we didn't have to kill him. Then again, imperials put Maven in charge of Riften so that's not much better outcome..
    Unfortunately, Balgruuf is potentially not all roses either. He has this twisted son who he does not realize is being manipulated by Mephala...I really fear for Whiterun if he inherits the Jarlship (is that the right term?), daedric artifact or no daedric artifact that child seems nasty.

  19. #6559
    So.. no news on Dragonborn for PC? a month of exclusivity isn't enough?

  20. #6560
    Dreadlord Vathdar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    939
    Well, Bethesda have said that they are focusing on getting Dragonborn to PS3 before any of the other DLC and there are rumors circulating about them wanting to do a simultaneous release of it on PC and PS3, so I realy hope those rumors are wrong. Ah well, looks like they're not getting my money until it goes on sale since in a few days I won't actualy have the time to play it until summer. Yes, I am bitter about it.
    Last edited by Vathdar; 2013-01-10 at 02:36 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •